<

Tuesday, January 3

Drawer Envy

Amber in my drawers, Kodak EasyShare LS753

The cutest thing happened yesterday. I was cleaning out my closet up in the loft. I know, I know it sounds like I am avoiding "creating" by continuing to de-clutter...but this is actually an exercise in the book I am reading: The Seed Handbook - A Feminine Way to Create Business, by Lynne Franks.

So, as I empty out my drawers, my kitty Amber crawls in and looks at me like, "Don't even think about putting clothes back into my new bed".

I took this time to practice the patience of parenting skills and sat and talked to her, letting go of the fact that I was so done with cleaning my closet and wanting to step away from it all.

While I was sitting there, cooing at my kitty...our other one comes pouncing over with Drawer Envy. Oh if they could only talk so I could hear their exchange:

Elvis trying to get some lovins with Amber, Kodak EashyShare LS753

So, I grabbed my camera, which is practically attached around my neck these days and captured this precious moment for you all. Even the dog lovers will at least smirk a little at this:

Elvis determined, Amber reluctant and wanting space, Kodak EasyShare LS753

These days, with all this new transition happening in my life, I tend to notice the little things more than I have in the past.

I am craving more simplicity all around me. Taking time to talk to my kitty and watch their dance speaks to me. It tells me I am watching and listening.

Watching and Listening...*sigh*. That feels good.

Lots of people talk to animals. Not very many listen, though... that's the problem. ~Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh