<

Monday, February 27

Self Portrait Tuesday


self portrait #2, kodak ls753

This is the very last installment of February's "All of Me" for
Self Portrait Tuesday.

The upcoming challenge for March is to document "time" through photos (document and observe physical changes in ourselves, create a discourse on identity, keep a visual diary of moods, etc.)

Therefore... for my last "part" in this month's installment, I chose my hair.

Someone recently told me I was too old to wear my hair in ponytails. Good thing I didn't pay attention. I'll be wearing them when my hair is long and gray (and perhaps some ribbons as well).

"You're only as old as you feel"... and I feel crazy young.

Ponytails, braids, messy buns...all a huge part of me and my wildly thick thirtysomething mane.


If you feel beautiful...who cares what anyone else thinks?

Wear it.

Do it.

Be it.

Work it.

Own it.

All of your parts...including your locks.

*******

see some of the brave and beautiful souls of February's "all of me" pictures: week one, week two and week three.

12 Comments:

Blogger Swirly said...

I LOVE your ponytails! [And is that a superhero necklace??]

February 28, 2006 at 7:49:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why else do we have long hair if not for play? I will be wearing my pig tails, braids, and crazy hair styles when it is all grey with you!

February 28, 2006 at 9:13:00 AM PST  
Blogger Amber said...

my favorite style is two braided pigtails with a bandana... yep, don't think i'll ever outgrow that one.

i haven't worn them in awhile because of work... thanks for reminding me that it's 'ok'.

i think the necklace completes the the look... i should get one. :)

February 28, 2006 at 9:29:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kristine said...

I like ponytails. In fact my hair is one right now. People should lighten up a bit!

February 28, 2006 at 10:00:00 AM PST  
Blogger boho girl said...

Yesss...that is a Superhero Necklace! I am wearing "Earth".

Thanks lovelies, for your support.

February 28, 2006 at 10:10:00 AM PST  
Blogger meghan said...

TOO OLD FOR PONYTAILS!?

Pfft... whatever. You are so right - however you feel beautiful is the way to do it!! Great post and lovely picture!!

February 28, 2006 at 10:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger gkgirl said...

ohmygawd...

i
am
so
in
agreement.

:)

even tho i have short hair...that is fine...but anyhow...
point being..i'll put in pigtails
if i wanna...
:)

February 28, 2006 at 11:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

uh DUH!!! LOL My hair is in braids half of all my life!!! LOL Seeeee my whirling pic on my Blog! but I remember seeeeeeing a movie with Anthony Quinn(one of my Fav actors)in it and I had to look it up on Google but it was "HIGH RISK" (I'm pretty sure)and there is an older woman even older than I am now(I'm 55, second childhood)and her long grey hair was in braided pig tails!!! Beauty Full!!!! OH, Another Anthony Quinn movie I loved was "REVENGE" also "ZORBA the GREEK" i LOVED HIS DANCING in this movie! Phew! ps. I still haven't even tried figuring out links yet! I've been wanting to make myself a necklace just to seeeee if I'd like it! LOL

February 28, 2006 at 3:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

LOL I FORGOT the MOST important thing!!! YOU are BEAUTY FULL in that self portrait!!! The necklace is divine!

February 28, 2006 at 3:38:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think poneytails are hot.

February 28, 2006 at 3:53:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so needed to read this today...I saw a young woman at the grocery store with pink hair, and I was struck by a mad desire to do the same. I've always wanted to do something like that, but always made some excuse...but like you said "Be it. work it. own it." I will...whether that includes multicolored hair or just an appreciation of the curls I have already. Thanks for the post and the gorgeous picture.

February 28, 2006 at 6:32:00 PM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You are gorgeous!

March 1, 2006 at 6:11:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home