<

Monday, March 27

A Cafe to Remember...


the livingroom cafe, kodak ls753

Do you have a particular place that when you go there, you are showered with positive memories and warm fuzzy feelings?

This cafe does this for me. It was the place where family members and friends gathered the morning after our wedding. A few folks that had been strangers the day prior were cozying up next to one another and laughing over inside jokes.

Many told us that our fairy~style wedding sprinkled fairy dust over all who were present and friendships were made, old love rekindled and new love interests inspired. We truly wanted that for our wedding. Not only to solidify our love and commitment but to spark that of others.

So with all this in the air...we broke bread together the next morning here at a cafe filled with comfy antique couches and chairs, fresh flowers and Parisian style windows open to the ocean breeze.

Carsten and I went there this past weekend and it refilled my cup (figuratively and literally). I was reminded of that one day when everyone I loved most dearly in this world gathered in one space. How overwhelming in a beautiful way it was to me.

I am so grateful that if I need to be reminded of how blessed I am, I can just walk into this cafe and receive the gift of remembering their voices and laughter, feeling their hugs and the unforgetable vision of my mother and father looking across the table at their baby girl glowing like a true bride (with major bed head tucked into braids...if you know what I mean) *grin*.

On a side note: I really dig their textured walls. I want to recreate it up in my studio. Isn't it divine?!?


5 Comments:

Blogger turquoise cro said...

This place looks divine! You had a truly divine time in this place! It's like going to church and refreshing your whole being! I'm glad you and DH went back there and relived such a heavenly day!!!I remember my wedding day like it was yesterday! I didn't want to leave! LOL My husband had to pull me out and I'm glad we left before it did get dark, he has night blindness! and it was very snowy!We honeymooned at Blackwater Falls! I want to go back there sometime this summer!

March 27, 2006 at 10:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

Oh I want to go there and have a delightful breakfast.
What a wonderful memory...the love that embraced you all. beautiful.
and i agree...these walls are gorgeous.

March 28, 2006 at 10:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

Ok, when I come visit you have to take me there! I am still sad I missed the wedding...can you do it again :)

Love the wall...it will be great in that colorful house of yours.

BIG hugs my dear!!

March 28, 2006 at 10:26:00 AM PST  
Blogger kelly rae said...

what lovely memories. reminds me of my own wedding day, the unique-ness of it, the wonder. you have such a lovely way of writing.

March 28, 2006 at 7:16:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That couch rocks! I love, love red couches and finding it in such a delightful coffee shop is even better! What a wonderful place to sit and think.
a.

March 30, 2006 at 8:48:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home