<

Friday, March 17

Feeling Gem~y


rocks & gems, kodak ls753

I took a trip to my favorite bead store yesterday. It is a long drive from my place up the coast. I rolled down both windows so I could feel the ocean breeze through my hair strands that were dancing outside of my window. I found myself taking long, deep, replenishing breaths.

I love rocks and gems. I wish I was small enough to swim in them, take up home in one of their tiny holes.

Today, I will create with these divine elements while listening to this playlist I put together on iTunes for my day:

Wedding Day ~ Rosie Thomas
Red Meets Blue ~ Matt Wertz
Hockey Skates ~ Kathleen Edwards
Lay Lady Lay ~ Magnet
Riga Girls ~ The Weepies
Underneath the Stars ~ Kate Rusby
Forever My Friend ~ Ray Lamontagne
Because I Told You So ~ Jonatha Brooke
Big Strong Girl ~ Deb Talan
Drinks We Drank ~ Azure Ray
Caramel ~ Suzanne Vega
Black River ~ Amos Lee


8 Comments:

Blogger gkgirl said...

woohoo...
i'm going to check
into all that music...
i could tell at a
swift glance that
it was going to be
stuff that i like...

yay!
and the gems?
too bloody cool.
love the colors
:)

March 17, 2006 at 10:13:00 AM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Fun, fun, fun!

I love the colors, and I bought three of the songs from iTunes:)

Caramel
Big strong girl
Red Meets Blue

Baby is napping so I am going to get a nice cup of raspberry tea and find a ray of sun in my living room and relax listening to some music.

Hugs

March 17, 2006 at 10:41:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kristine said...

All I have been thinking about lately is beading. I have an idea in mind for a bracelet and yet I don't have the time to do it right now... Seeing your post is synchronicity! Plus yesterday I go a coupon in the mail from a bead place. Seems like I am being lead in that direction...

March 17, 2006 at 10:47:00 AM PST  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

I am sooo glad you are a makin' stuff!! I told you, your jewerly is beautiful and we are all waiting to be able to buy them!!!

Make sure and show us what you made when your done.

Love the tunes too...all my fave to!!

Love you and will miss you next wek. I'll bring you something yummy from Mexico!

March 17, 2006 at 10:54:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful gems! i hope you'll share some pics of what you create with them!

March 17, 2006 at 11:34:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love gems!
i love you!

March 17, 2006 at 11:44:00 AM PST  
Blogger meghan said...

that picture made my mouth water!! i LOVE beads but I am not very good at committing them to jewellery. When I worked at the summer camp I had unlimited access to beads and hemp and wire and leather - SIGH!- it was so much fun! I can't wait to see what jewellery you create - get them on that site of yours, I'd like to own a piece of your art!! xoox

March 17, 2006 at 12:33:00 PM PST  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh i wish i could hit play and listen to all that beautiful music...
and those beads - gorgeous. i love the colors and the way they are in these little bowls. i hope you will share what you create - i can imagine it will be inspiring and beautiful. (maybe i will venture down to my favorite local bead store to see what i can find today.)

March 17, 2006 at 1:07:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home