<

Sunday, March 5

Hush


paraglider, kodak ls753

Yesterday, my husband and I went on a hike. I was craving the sweetness of our ocean air and the smell of pines on a dusty path.

As we were hiking, three paragliders coasted close above us. Their color soaked glides were in unison up against the backdrop of blue~ness.

My heart swelled being mesmorized by their peaceful ride. I wanted to reach up and hang on..."take me with you!".

It must have been an astounding view for them with our blue~green ocean crashing below and the pine trees swaying in the breeze.

The quietness of nature is so soothing to me. The hush of it all. The connection to God, our Universe, to life, to color, to texture.

I am always reassured by the whispers carried in the wind and the heartbeat of the ocean that all is as it should be...even if I do not understand. Somehow, being in nature makes it okay not to understand. That all is too grand to try and grasp at the "why's".

I left saying I need to do this more. Not only does it help me get out of my head but it reminds me of who I am, who I always was...that nature girl that yearned to go on hikes with my dad when we went camping.

Those quiet hikes when we just walked one in front of the other or side by side if the path allowed and listened to what our precious earth was saying.

Telling us to hush...shhhh...be still and know we are all connected, without words but with just a calming and peaceful hush within our soul.


8 Comments:

Blogger Alex S said...

What a quiet, beautiful post. And I wholeheartedly agree. There is something so soothing and healing about being in nature. Living in a big city its so hard to miss out for days, weeks, even MONTHS the "heartbeat of the ocean," of the trees, the flowers, the rustling of leaves. You have just inspired me to go for a walk in the next hour!

March 5, 2006 at 2:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger meghan said...

I have always lived in the country but had only seen the ocean twice when I moved here for the first time. Like you, my favorite connections with nature involved camping trips and (in my case) canoeing with my Dad and Grandpa. Somehow I feel that the ocean has given my nature experience a more feminine face. Either way, you have reminded me: I have not been out in over a week - and I was wondering why I felt blocked! - I'm going out first thing tomorrow! I'm so glad you found some peace today! Thank you for reminding me to look for it too!

March 5, 2006 at 2:26:00 PM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

When I was little my mother would take me on nature walks. We would each take a basket and collect as many small treasures as we could find. When we were done with the walk we would show eachother the treasures we had found. I love that my mother taught me to find beauty in the large and small of the nature that surrounded us. When I was a little older and we moved to a house in the woods, I spent many an afternoon, walking in the woods, exploring. I would climb pine trees, use fallen trees as balance beams, look at different leaves and wildlife. I loved those woods. As a preteen they gave me time, to just be, with all the emotions that come with the age. I don't live near woods now but I always find serenity when I am out in the sun, especially when I am surrounded by trees.

Thanks for reminding me of that with this post.

I have been thinking about you alot these past few days.

Hugs

March 5, 2006 at 4:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

i love this honey.

delicious indeed.

have been thinking of you this morning.

hush, hush

March 5, 2006 at 4:38:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, what fantastic pictures. from your lush descriptions I felt like I was walking down the path with you, sniffing the air. thank you for sharing these peaceful moments.

March 5, 2006 at 6:18:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, almost haunting post.

I have a hard time learning to do or be ANYTHING without words, so thank you for the reminder to hush, sometimes, and let the splendor of the world in.

March 6, 2006 at 1:25:00 PM PST  
Blogger M said...

I can almost picture myself there with you. Nature is such a gift, such a wonder. How lucky are we to live in such beautiful places!!

March 6, 2006 at 2:39:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
» »

November 18, 2006 at 2:34:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home