<

Monday, March 6

Self Portrait Tuesday


me creating, kodak ls753

The challenge for this month's Self Portrait Tuesday is "time". Please read about it here before you go any further, if you haven't already.

I didn't quite go by the rules (do I ever?) this week but will do my personal best to redeem myself next week, I promise!

I was planning on taking one picture a day of me creating the last seven days. What happened was...I didn't create as much as I had planned or hoped, for that matter.

As some of you sweet and supportive souls know, I was a wee bit consumed this past week but have resurfaced, nonetheless.

There are times when all I have energy for is to create, create, create when I am sad, melancholy or pensive.

Then there are also times when I need to take those same emotions and stare at a wall, talk with a friend, write in my journal, go on a hike, lose myself in a book, play with different hair styles (am I admitting this?), meditate, pray, etc.

This past week, I did the latter.

This coming week...I feel inspired to create.

So, here is a portrait of me doing just that last week. I laughed when my eyes first caught the fact that I am subconsciously chewing on my pen cap. This is a dreadful habit I have when working with pens. Dreadful because after it's been in my mouth for a good while, I feel like I need a retainer when I take it out. My teeth feel as though they've moved an inch. I have to admit, I have even checked my teeth in a mirror to make sure this wasn't indeed the case.

I think it's a comfort thing.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee hee, I love that you are chewing on your pen cap. a pure moment of creation. If I was more creative with my hair I would probably play with different hairstyles as well :)

March 6, 2006 at 8:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger meghan said...

I used to chew the lids on my pens but it was to stop myself sticking my tongue out when I was concentrating. People used to watch me to see when it would happen! Now I just let it happen again!!

I hope that your week of introspection helped to fill your well. I know that there is a much bigger thing occupying your mind right now, so keep being gentle & do what you need to do - it WILL make sense in the end.

P.S. I can't wait to see your pictures next week!!!

March 7, 2006 at 2:22:00 AM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Your hair is such a beautiful color!

This is a sweet picture~ you captured that trance that comes when concentrating on our work.

Hugs

March 7, 2006 at 6:23:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your openness and honesty, and I love your entire sight. Take care,
me

March 7, 2006 at 7:42:00 AM PST  
Blogger gkgirl said...

great photo...

my husband chews pen caps
until they
no longer
resemble
pen caps...

i'm surprised he
has
any
teeth
left in this mouth.
:)

March 7, 2006 at 8:05:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kristine said...

You really are pretty! Great shot!

March 7, 2006 at 10:41:00 AM PST  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

love this little glimpse into the space where you create!
beautiful...
(and doesn't it feel good to let go of the rules?)

March 8, 2006 at 3:09:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home