<

Sunday, April 2

Amy's Precious Shoes


my new earth shoes, kodak ls753

From her sweet little feet to my sweet little feet. Here they are, as comfy and as perfect as can be. These will now become my most blessed shoes. Not only because they are so fricken adorable, but because for a while they were worn by this precious soul...whom is a new dear friend of mine.

Her feet were too bony for them, so she sent me an email asking me what size shoe I wore since I practically drooled all over the picture of them on her blog the other day. And guess what...we have the same size feet (among other kindred things).

Thank goodness my feet are nice and chubs...so there are no bones being suffocated by the darling buckles! I know my sister Darlene just read that and started laughing because she used to tell me I had "Barney Rubble" feet growing up. Which, those of you who watched the Flintstones know that Barney's feet were wide and f-a-t. Mmhmm...only a sister could get away with that. *smile*


amy's marvelous package, kodak ls753

Amy also sent me a treasure trove of handmade, homemade and herbal goodies. My eyes welled up with tears as I first opened the box and the smell of lavender drifted up to my nose. Usually when I open a package, I excitedly race through each little gift, crazed with anticipation but this time, I took a deep breath, put on The Weepies (because she loves them as well) and gently unfolded each offering of friendship. I am learning to slow down in my life with such things and really, really marinate in them.

So, with each sweet gift, a tear was wiped and loving words about this beautiful soul was spoken out loud into the herbal scented air (with The Weepies in agreement).

This was the first post I read of hers and my comments inspired her to connect with me. Her red braids reminded me of one of my favorite characters Anne of Green Gables and then later, in getting to know more of her inner, I found that her spirit reminded me of Anne's as well.

Mmmm...a written "field guide" to my box, a fabulous CD, all sorts of teas, soap facial mask, RED SHOES, lavender chocolate, caribou antler buttons, homemade marvelous healing salve, essential oil, Ganesha figure (happy elephant - a remover of obstacles) and last but not least MELTED SNOW FROM ALASKA! Isn't that the cutest???

Yum.

Thank you, dear Amy. How this is so very healing to me. Each gift was so well thought out by you and yes...perfect, just perfect for what I need right now. This touched me more than I can possibly put into words here in this space...but you know...you know.

17 Comments:

Blogger Kristine said...

I love the shoes! I just got a new pair of Borns! I wanted red but they were out ofthat color in my size. I ended up with brown. Oh well, I still like them!
Enjoy your cute shoes!

April 2, 2006 at 4:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH so nice!

Lovely shoes and a lovely package

XOXO

April 2, 2006 at 5:12:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sweet thing, this brought happy little giggles and tears to my eyes. thank YOU for all you support and kindness, this is by far the least I can do.

April 2, 2006 at 5:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Only on the internet! Such a delight! To seeeeeeeee these beautiful red shoes on Amy's Blog from Alaska then seeeeeeeee them on Denise's feet in California! The Traveling Red Soes! Is that a sweet fairy tale???or what???!! LOL We should do that more, send each other the same treasure and seeeeee who has it today on their Blog!!! Wouldn't that be FUN??? How about one of us making a necklace and sending it everywhere or????!!! Have any ideas??!!!!I get silly like this!

April 2, 2006 at 5:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Ooh, I LOVE those shoes!!! And what a wonderful way they came into your life. Also, I'm a fellow "Flintstone foot"!! Aren't care packages wonderful -- and serendipitious friendships, too?

April 2, 2006 at 9:51:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a delightful post full of friendship and love.
a.
Drooling over your new red shoes too!

April 3, 2006 at 8:12:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some guy once told me I had Fred Flinstone feet...uh yeah!

Love your pckg and new shoes!!

;)

April 3, 2006 at 8:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger M said...

You lucky girl!! Nice shoes! You can dance through life in those!

April 3, 2006 at 9:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i can see why you drooled over the shoes
they are too cute!
and suit you to a T
:)

yay for packages
and,
by the way,
anne of green gables
has always been a favorite of mine...
i used to know the rachel lynde scene
in the beginning
word for word
:)
i'm a geek.

April 3, 2006 at 10:02:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you sweet baby sis!!! I may have teased you about your f-a-t little feet, but I also kissed each little pudgy piggy toe right after. (I'm a really big sis, 10 years her senior) I still love those piggies of yours, however the kissing has ended. Mmmm how about a nice foot massage instead!
Love the shoes!
Of course!
But the best thing EVER is that their RED! If your gonna wear cute shoes...make sure everyone see's them!
Oh great...now I'm missing you so bad I want to kiss your piggies!
Smugs...B/sis

April 3, 2006 at 10:54:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

they are like your very own ruby slippers full of friendship, love, & magic that will take you where ever you want to go...where do you want to go today???

love to you ~chele

April 3, 2006 at 11:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

what an incredible package. amy is making the rest of us look bad, i mean, giving her the shoes right off her feet?!
you, amy and your new shoes are adorable.
GIANT HUG.

April 3, 2006 at 12:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

Lovely shoes, lovely package, I'm glad you got a bit 'o' nurture to make you feel good - you deserve it! xo

P.S. You can do Sunday Scribblings ANY time during the week!

April 3, 2006 at 1:16:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this! You even have cute feet! :) Shoes with a lineage and a story...can't beat that. :)

April 3, 2006 at 2:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh how much fun is this. these shoes and perfect and so you! and how sweet amy is...
new friends who feel like old friends...simply wondrous.

April 3, 2006 at 8:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Heather said...

WOW!! you got some great stuff, I LOVE THOSE SHOES!!

April 4, 2006 at 7:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

packages are the best...
those shoes are rockin.

April 4, 2006 at 9:30:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home