<

Sunday, April 9

Sunday Scribblings ~ Real Life


carsten laughing, Canon Digital Rebel XT

This weeks topic for Sunday Scribblings is "Real Life". If you're in the mood for some juicy writing, do visit here.

**********
I have a sweet companion that inspires me to see real life through their eyes...or shall I say lens? I always bring it with me in tow and if I happen to rush out of the door without it, I feel a sense of loss as my day passes me by.

My camera has motivated me to watch more closely, to pay attention to moods, facial expressions, colors, shading, movement, conversation...LIFE, really.

Today, while I was starring at all of the buttons and knobs, my husband was walking up the steps to the loft, being a complete goof (as always). As he turned the corner to walk towards me, laughing (at his own joke) and just before I joined him in a fit of giggles, I moved my camera up to his face and pushed the button.

Well...lookie here! His fresh, beautiful, face of laughter (above). I see this every day...but now I am able to share it with others. This is my life. This is our life together, documented.

So, real life for me lately has been camera around neck, walking the streets, squatting down to a flower on the side of the road, laying flat with my belly on a cold, hardwood floor, being the one behind the scenes in a crowded room, waiting for a wave to crash up on a rock, dancing while snapping, anticipating the perfect lighting, one eye closed, one eye open, hands gently gripping...

capturing laughter, documenting real life.

9 Comments:

Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

camera as companion. this is a very fun way to look at it. camera as the invitation to document the realness around you...love this. we sometimes think of the camera as something to capture "only the best." the idea to instead capture the real. isn't that what it is all about?

April 9, 2006 at 11:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Such a wonderful warm face, suggesting a life filled with love and laughter! And cameras DO make you look at the world with a different eye. Neat.

April 10, 2006 at 12:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

This reminds me how much I miss doing this with my camera. A new battery is on it's way so I will be able to get back to it soon.

You...

beautiful you

thank you for sharing in such beautiful descriptive words how you are experiencing life through a differemnt lens:)

April 10, 2006 at 4:33:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah- THERE's his head!

hehe.

April 10, 2006 at 5:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Jessie said...

You are an incredibly lucky woman--not only because you have a good man, but because you have a good camera--and most of all, because you have the spirit to enjoy both! :)

April 10, 2006 at 9:37:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I adore you...but it was so nice to see Carsten.

Give him a huge hug for me.
Tell him "thank you" for talking such good care of my girl:)

smugs...

April 10, 2006 at 9:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

this was a great way of looking at
real life...

yay
for giggles and silliness

:)

April 10, 2006 at 9:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

thank you for sharing this picture! I like the image of you capturing life on your camera! Fabulous. this made me miss my own camera though. it had an accident. sigh.

April 10, 2006 at 1:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Great spontaneous photo, which is what real life is all about-----meeting those unexpected moments with joy and passion!

April 11, 2006 at 5:01:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home