<

Sunday, April 9

Team Soda


team soda shirts ~ kodak ls753

Carsten and I decided this morning to get out into the sweet sunshine and play tennis today. Something we later agreed we need to do together more often. I am always hesitant to play a sport with my hubby because in the past, I have had a few VCB's (very competitive boyfriends).

I vividly remember cursing wars with a VCB after every forehand and backhand across the court. Carsten and I are never competitive with one another in regards to our creative abilities but I was concerned that it might start today, and that a hidden monster would surface with each sweet spot on his racquet.

So, I had an idea. I noticed he was wearing his vintage Dr. Pepper t-shirt. I ran upstairs to put my matching one on (although, mine was diet rite). When I came downstairs I said..."See? Now we're on the same team!"

We laughed.

I know...completely geeked but I am convinced the subliminal message in the matching tees worked. It evolved into a time of encouraging one another, having FUN (go figure) and flirting.

Go Team Soda!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, where's his head? haha.

April 9, 2006 at 1:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Cute photo darling!

We were out playing tennis today too!

The little one sat in his stroller watching.

Wish we could play doubles:)

XOXO

April 9, 2006 at 1:31:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY cutie pie!
Even without the shirts you two make a great team!

ohhhhh...i miss you so so much

Enjoy your day :-)

April 9, 2006 at 2:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger boho girl said...

i'm obviously too petite to get the front of my shirt AND his head in this shot! i think i was even on my tippy toes a bit. so now y'all know how tiny i am (and how tall he is)... ;-)

fun times.

we'll play doubles some day, thea darling!!

April 9, 2006 at 3:19:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

super spring cuteness! go team soda, go.

April 9, 2006 at 5:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

oh you pair are just wayyyyy cute ;)

April 9, 2006 at 10:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

love the idea of being on the SAME team! yes. yes. yes. to letting go of the competition and having fun. adorable.

April 9, 2006 at 11:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

love the same team idea
almost as much as i love the name
team Soda
(i'm a diet coke fan)
heh

and being pathetically
unathletic...
nobody ever has to worry about
"competing" with me...
heehee
i suck.

April 10, 2006 at 9:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

this is the best! i'm a big fan of saying "let's not keep score, ok?"

April 10, 2006 at 10:32:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home