<

Monday, April 24

Walk with Mother Nature


plum tree blossom, canon digital rebel xt

Towards the end of our time in Canada, Carsten, Jon-Erik (his brother) and I went on a long leisurely walk around the Kroon homestead. Their house where they were raised sits on about 10 acres of land. On this land there is a peaceful pond snuggled in between blankets of green grass. Surrounding the pond are whimsical, wispy willow trees and blossoming plum trees. I watched the willow trees throughout my time there. I watched them gently sway back and forth in the breeze while their yellowish flowery branches swirled softly like a ballerina's arms. During the dance, I could hear the rustling of leaves and the sweet hum of life in the air.

Behind the house lies a bridge over a creek which leads to a dock that sits on a river. Here is where my husband hung a hammock on weathered wooden posts many of days in his youth to read a book or to simply fall asleep to birds singing and water rippling. Here is where the family gathers to sip tea in the cool crisp morning or to gaze at the stars and the moonlight dancing on the water. Here is where the three of us communed together after a few hours of paying attention to Mother Nature on our walk, showing our gratitude for Her lovely gifts.

During the walk, I stayed behind the boys, knowing they needed this time to bond and knowing I needed this time to slowly absorb what was new to me and familiar to them. I stopped many times as they walked ahead to capture the beauty with my camera. I will share my pictures with you as the days go by...of all the treasures I found. It was fun to hear how when they spoke to one another, it always started with..."oh, little brother..." or..."so, big brother".

Ahhh...the bohemian city boy and the hippie country boy:

Carsten, Sweet Doggie & Jon-Erik

Jon-Erik's sweet dog joined us. The remarkable story about this dog, I will share yet another day.

Until then...be inspired to take a walk with Mother Nature.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous blossom photo my dear. Your descriptions are equally rich, I could hear the willows whispering. thank you for sharing this.

April 24, 2006 at 7:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

that is so precious dearheart.
it truly sounds like you had a... special time away.

love you
xox
leonie

April 24, 2006 at 9:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

Jon and I did just this today. A wonderful suggestion.

I love the mental image of the willows...I love those trees.
It sounds like your truly had a magical time...it will be such fun to read a little bit more each day.

April 24, 2006 at 9:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

bahahaha - i just posted on swirly's site like a SECOND after you did... you weren't there, and then suddenly you were! that's so funny we were reading exactly the same thing at exactly the same time ! the mind boggles.

hey sweetie, i'm picking up you're feeling a little bit soft, a little bit wanting to be gentle with you right now. there's stuff happening inside, and you just need to sit with it right now.
am i right?

love
leonie

April 24, 2006 at 9:56:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took close up pictures of the almond blossoms when they were in bloom recently. To my surprise I caught a bee gathering pollen in the center of one of the flowers. It now has become my screen background. I was surprized to open your site to that picture... so much like mine, minus the bee. We are such kindred hearts my love.
And I agree....be gentle with yourself. You have spent a week pouring out and being sweetly empathetic. Now it's time to rejuv.
loving you always...b/sis

April 24, 2006 at 10:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

Beautiful photography! I also love your new profile photo!

April 24, 2006 at 10:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

what beautiful photographs... i agree with Leonie and your sis - sounds like you filled up your cup and overflowed while you were away, sharing and healing. a moment out of our 'real' life always makes us see new things doesn't it. hope you're looking after yourself.... and let me just say - *you're* the angel, little bunny, YOU are
xxx

April 25, 2006 at 2:49:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You are such a gentle beautiful soul.

It is amazing how you were there but also let them be together.....what love my darling.

I love the photos and can't wait to see more of what you captured.

Hugs

April 25, 2006 at 7:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

Beautiful!!! I can see why his art is based in nature, bones and the like!!

I bet it was nice to be in nature and connect with the sights and sounds. I love getting away from the city's crraziness and noise to the noises of the country.

Did CK enjoy being home?

I was treated to a driving tour of Livermore last week. I hadn't been in 8 years!!!!! CRAZY huh?? It is always bitersweet to go back, it's changed SO much!!

April 25, 2006 at 10:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

beautiful photos so far,
can't wait to see more!
:)

April 26, 2006 at 6:13:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful description of your walk! Mother nature is devine.
a.

April 26, 2006 at 7:20:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home