<

Saturday, May 20

Acceptance


Boho accepting, Canon Digital Rebel XT

In her post yesterday, Susannah said something so beautifully that moved deep within me:

"This last year has felt like my own gestation, birthing my new self, my home and, tentatively, my book."

As I read these words, a peace traveled through me, a sweet knowing, a voice within that said "yes". Perhaps throughout this journey I have been pregnant all along. A gestation period marking the growth of my inner child, my raw creativity, my bravery, the baring of my true soul. And what is birthing within me is a new self.

Acceptance.

So, I told her. And now she knows that her eloquent words describing her experience this past year have altered yet another soul for the good. Thank you, dear friend for your bravery. It is changing lives, including my own.

7 Comments:

Blogger turquoise cro said...

Just popping in to wish everyone a Sweet week-end! xo, Cinda

May 20, 2006 at 12:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

and thank *you*, little one, for your friendship across the ocean waves. i'm blogging because i serendipitously found your words, your beautiful face, one magic day a few months ago - and here we are, friends of a lifetime.

and you are so brave, Deni, so strong and truly an inspiration to us all ~ sending you lots of love tonight
Sxx

May 20, 2006 at 2:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

blessings to your birthing darling.

xoxo

May 20, 2006 at 6:16:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pure acceptance is akin to forgiveness. It is not always the easy thing to do, but a choice we must make. Parents, childhoods, friendships, relationships...and so on...all have the potential to stunt our growth. We may have done nothing to encourage this, but it is I/we who must choose to keep moving forward. We must believe in our dreams, we must hope for our futures, we must forgive and grow.

I have watched you struggle with your inner gifts and beauty. I have also watched you grow, bloom and accept. A birthing all your own.

Have peace on your journey and know that we are all walking forward with you, by you...near

I love you ~ Dar

May 20, 2006 at 7:04:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - beautiful. A reminder that life is truly a journey and each step changes who we once were.

love the posts-

lucky candice

May 20, 2006 at 9:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

hi there -

I am so happy that you are taking these steps towards knowing and accepting. I have no dooubt at all that things are going just as they should be for you. You are just having to wait until the perfect wee soul is ready for you. You are going to be an incredible Mom... know that you have even more love and support from way over here - sending you happy thoughts!!

May 21, 2006 at 4:22:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

Den,

This is a beautiful post! I love the image of you being pregnant with so much all year...I think that is really true!!

I love you and think you're pure magic!!

I miss you...will email soon!

May 21, 2006 at 10:44:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home