<

Sunday, May 28

Like no other...


package from sweet Lizzie, canon digital rebel xt

I received a package from Liz Elayne today that has had a huge impact on both my husband and me. We've been listening to her CD all day long, researching a few artist's on there that we have not yet heard. We are music geeks, so this occupied our time for quite a while. If you didn't already know this about her, Liz has incredible taste in music.

What impacted us the most though, was her idea behind all of the colorful bouncy superballs you see in the jar up above.

You see...it all began when Andrea posted a link to a commercial a while back on her blog because not only was it the coolest marketing ad in the Universe, it was also filmed in/near her neighborhood in San Francisco. Bravia, a television brand name of Sony, had an idea to release about two hundred thousand colorful superballs down a few streets in San Francisco and film them bouncing from a variety of angles. The whole point behind the ad is to have a visual celebration of color being that their slogan is..."Color...like no other." The superballs are bouncing down the steep streets in slow motion to the languid song "Heartbeats" by Jose Gonzalez.

As Liz was pondering this beautiful blogging community and how so many of us have connected so deeply through this medium, that we no longer feel alone and that together, we can make a huge healing impact on our world...her mind drifted back to the superball commercial.

How brilliant of her to see this commercial as an analogy to the meaning of our tribe, our bloggie sisterhood:

"I remember thinking about all the force those tiny superballs had to impact the world around them & how strong they were together. I realized this is what we are doing. We are each in our corner of the world as we laugh, grieve, grow, weep, sit in the quiet, find our roar...we are each having an impact on our own in ways we don't even realize. But together...imagine the force of energy we have." ~ Liz Elayne

So today I am basking in the idea of our colorful little spirits bouncing through the world together, not alone but together, helping to inspire hearts to open, wounds to heal, creativity to flourish and love. Sweet, sweet love.

The Bloggie Sisterhood...Like no other!

edited to add: Yes...that is my kitty Amber in the picture above. She seems to think those superballs are kitty toys just for her. *smile*

I also enjoyed watching the making of the commercial here. It gives you a broader sense of the meaning behind those colorful bouncing superballs!

And last but not least...here is Jose playing his song "Heartbeats" live.


the froggie bit was my favorite!

21 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the image. It's beautiful and has its own soul. I know canon is smart. I lost mine 17 years ago, wrought with others and have just ordered a new canon.

http://www.child-book-publishing-ezine.com/moms-solfege.html

May 28, 2006 at 6:24:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had this thought recently about blogging - what a powerful force we are as a community of women (and a few men). Just stepping outside of our own little worlds to see anothers and share. I learn a lot from the blogs I read and I take that with me and bounce on!!

lucky candice

May 28, 2006 at 8:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh how i love that little froggie.

(thank you for your kind words my dear. peace and light to you this evening.)

May 28, 2006 at 9:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Yolanda said...

I just wanted to tell you that I continue to enjoy your posts and pics as I have for months now.Your words usually echo my feelings also.

May 28, 2006 at 9:26:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the power behind their combined force. I agree that it is a great visual for this bloggie sisterhood. It kind of reminded me of what it would look like if a rainbow broke into a million tiny pieces and fell from the sky.

Yes...I agree with Liz's comment...we do make an impact on each others lives. The sharing of our stories unites what we have in common and the rest inspires us to think outside the box. That can only produce good, life giving energy.

This was a joy and very entertaining. Thank You Den =)

XX Darlene OO

May 29, 2006 at 12:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

Beautiful beautiful beautiful! The commercial, the song, Liz, YOU, and all of us together! My life will never be the same. xoxo

May 29, 2006 at 1:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Beautiful Liz is right on the money - we are powerful individually, but together - WOW - we are a force to be reckoned with! a global sisterhood stretching over the entire planet - nurturing, loving, supporting...
Sx

May 29, 2006 at 1:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

I too am SO very thankful for my little, yet huge hearted family I have found through blogging. It's so wonderful!~
I could watch that commercial over and over again...thanks for the link to the making of it...that was cool!~ xo

May 29, 2006 at 4:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

that commercial, along with liz's words, and your words, and that song....and the stinkin' frog comin' out of the drainpipe! oh my gosh, what an amazingamazing gift! i could watch it over and over again, too.

boing!

May 29, 2006 at 6:56:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved finding this post here today. Liz is a joy--I was so happy to meet her in person last month--so it doesn't surprise me that she'd come up with something as wonderful as Superballs to remind us of our bloggity connections. And it especially touched me because I've been marveling the past couple of days how very much I LOVE my blogherhood of sisters...and how utterly lucky and blessed I feel to have stumbled ass over teakettle into the blogiverse three years ago. It's done nothing short of transform my life.

(And thanks for the commercial links...I'd seen Andrea's post, but hadn't checked out the spot.)

May 29, 2006 at 9:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What a great gift!
I love that commercial. Very powerful

May 29, 2006 at 10:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

i can't figure out why that commercial was never released...it is so crazy good. My sister showed it to me months ago...it is so colorful an happy!!! :)

May 29, 2006 at 10:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Alex S said...

What a perfect metaphor for this community. Having gone through one of the worst periods of my whole life recently, I think I took for granted just how much this community and the genuine, raw sharing that transpires here has helped. Without it I would have felt so much more alone, terribly so. Cherish those colorful balls! Not only are they so meaningful but they are so beautiful and fun to look at!

May 29, 2006 at 11:37:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i feel it too...it's very real, this sisterhood. i was just talking to a group of people yesterday about the whole blogging thing, and everyone sat with puzzled looks on their faces and said "i don't get it". i feel so greatful to be a part of something so profound and enriching.
~mindy

May 29, 2006 at 12:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

I love the artwork on that card!

May 29, 2006 at 2:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger snowsparkle said...

thanks for reminding me of the "color like no other" ad and the music... the first time i saw it, i was enthralled for weeks by it's marvelous joy. and thanks for the froggie photo... that's my favorite too! i needed this lift.... i'm awake with fear in the wee hours of the morning. thanks!

May 30, 2006 at 3:46:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is so much power here, an army of super balls all over the world. I have had several people ask about my jar of super balls over the last couple days and I find I can't quite explain to them what a beautiful gift it is, and how you are all there represented in that jar. Hoorah for liz!

May 30, 2006 at 9:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

I'd never seen that commercial -- it's gorgeous, and I bet it was so fun to be there and experience it, those balls bouncing all over the place. Usually I think myself not that affected by advertising, I so often don't even notice what commercials are selling, but I have to think Sony would be at the top of my mind if I were in the market for a $3000 LCD TV. Which I'm not. But still cool! And what a fun little mailing from Liz!

(And in response to your X-Men comment, we completely thought the same thing about the killing/curing at the end. Why DIDN'T he just inject her? Huge plot hole. Sigh. We watched the first movie last night with Alexandra who'd never HEARD of X-Men at all, and it made me more sad for the failings of this movie.)

May 30, 2006 at 10:34:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This commercial has been on the telly here in the uk for quite some time. It is beautiful. Always makes me quiet.

This was such a beautiful post.
Makes everything feel warm and lovely.

Thank you. You are beautiful!

May 30, 2006 at 2:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

This is great! I've seen that commercial on French television and I knew it was made in my favourite American city of San Fran - but I didn't know the story behind it. Thank you!

May 30, 2006 at 4:03:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just listening to Jack Johnson, and it reminded me of you! I am not sure if you know his music? But I think you may just love his songs!

June 1, 2006 at 2:44:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home