<

Wednesday, May 3

Poetry Thursday ~ Angels Weave Me


Package from Susannah, Canon Digital Rebel XT

Yesterday was a comedy of errors.

First, both of our cars broke down within minutes of one another. As my husband and I were following the tow truck with my car on top to the dealership to be dropped off, our Volkswagen bus we were driving decides to start smoking in the back. People were driving by us pointing to the back of our bus and we had no idea what we were doing wrong. When we finally figured it out, both our bus and the tow truck in front of us pulled over on the side of the freeway. We then had to wait for another tow truck once the other one left with my car.

A sweet woman in a Volkswagen saw us stranded as she passed, then looped around back onto the freeway to make sure we were alright. She then gave us the number of her Volkswagen auto mechanic that she adores. What is it about Volkswagen owners being so fabulous??? She was like our own little VW Angel. A dear friend of mine who owns a bug once talked about how he feels VW owners are a tribe of its own and they all look out for one another. Driving passed one another, they deliver the peace sign with a smirk and a nod and then honk that unmistakable cute horn (meep meep).

Hours later, when we finally returned home, I put some artichokes in the steamer. I got distracted and left them there leaving the pan to burn to a crisp and smoke filling up in the house.

After cleaning this up, we go down to get our mail and get a notice from the mailbox that it was too full and now we have to go to the post office to pick it up.

But we have no cars!!

We shouldn't be surprised at such things. I mean...minutes after my husband proposed to me in a hot air balloon, it went crashing down to the ground and dragged hundreds of feet across a corn field on its side with all of the 12 people in it hanging on for dear life. While we were squatted down, white knuckles gripping the basket's bars and trying to dodge sticks and weeds flying into our faces, he laughed and yelled in the chaos..."this is a goooood sign that we will live a thrilling life togetherrrrrrr!"

So true.

So, the whole car debacle yesterday left me feeling quite drained today. But then another angel came to my door. Not a VW Angel but a British Angel.

My gorgeous, sweet, yummy, tres hip friend in the UK reached out her hand across the miles and I am now holding it gently. THANK YOU, Susannah! Your CD's are playing and thoughts of you are dancing around in the loft. You've shaken me out of my weirdness from yesterday and now I feel such a peace over my evening.

This poem is dedicated to you:

I Am Woven

Sometimes I am woven
Into a safe soft still luminous cocoon
Made of moonbeams and loon feathers.

Other times I think I am the only weaver
Of sacred cloth for a hundred miles,
And I can't stop my shuttle.

But more and more now I remember
The sweet weaving around me
As I sit or lie dreaming.

Angels and old grandmothers weave me,
Wrap me, then hold me in a warm nest
When I close down my loom and rest.

~ Mary Feagan, 2001

Thank you for taking time to put together a perfect combination of love, support and warmth...wrapping me and holding me in your warm nest.

Read other fantastic poems here.

21 Comments:

Blogger turquoise cro said...

AhhhHHH! That is a very pretty poem Bo!!! moonbeams and loon feathers, It's like a nightime bedtime story, I almost fell asleeeep zzzzzzzzzzzzz,(it's 2 am here on the East coast!) I remember back in the day when "Country Roads" by John Denver came out, my dear childhood friends were visiting and we all piled in our friend Dannie's red Volkswagon! and down the country roads we sped and sang! LOL Thanks! for taking me back and recalling that sweet VW time!

May 3, 2006 at 11:17:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Your balloon story made me giggle so!

Hope you have your cars back soon.

I love the poem-

Been thinking of you......

Love and Hugs

May 4, 2006 at 3:37:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a day you had! So glad you are feeling better and your sisterhood brought you a great big hug. Hope today is better!
The poem was beautiful.
a.

May 4, 2006 at 7:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

Beautiful poem, truly. And that Susannah is so lovely! Big hugs for you...

So funny that your husband was able to lift your spirits while you were being dragged across an open field! I've always wanted to take a hot air balloon ride, but now...not so much.

May 4, 2006 at 7:50:00 AM PDT  
Blogger M said...

What a beautiful poem. I love the story as well- my parents drive VW and they feel the same way. I'm so going to own one myself when we get a car! Hope that its up and running again soon- glad you are feeling better.

May 4, 2006 at 9:10:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That poem came from the land of Avalon. Moonbeams are magical to me, as are feathers. While walking with a friend one day, a feather came lightly floating down in front of us. We instantly looked up =) no bird in sight. We both decided that it came from one of our gaurdian angels. To this day, we mail that feather back and forth to remind us that we are never alone.

Sisterhood...

Oh how much we need each other.

Loving you today Boho!!!!

May 4, 2006 at 9:11:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

our car broke down this week as well, a very strange unexpected form of breakdown, there must be something in the air.

This poem is all shades of beautiful, especially the images she invokes--loon feathers!

What a sweet package from Susannah, you are a much loved woman, no surprise there, your open soul draws us all in. love to you.

May 4, 2006 at 9:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

Oh,,, the angels that see a person stranded and return to help out... truely angels...

May 4, 2006 at 9:14:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

My goodness! That really sounds like a day I would have had. Bad things always come in 3's, so luckily after the mail thing, you had your 3 and are done! I am so glad you received a pick-me-up from afar! Lovely poem!

May 4, 2006 at 9:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Sweet pea, this poem is just *gorgeous*, like a soft caress - i love it! and i love you too - i'm so pleased you liked your little package of light :-)
Sxx

May 4, 2006 at 9:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

How sweet friendship can be--especially in those moments when we need it! Lovely poem...all of your positive energy must surely upset the balances in your favor again soon.

May 4, 2006 at 9:55:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

I had forgotten the balloon story!! I had a nice little laugh over that image!

Don't you just LOVE packages?? I dunno the last time I got one but they are so nice. Little boxes of love!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics of your new creations, you are am amazing lady!!!

May 4, 2006 at 10:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

beautiful package, beautiful poem, and I Love reading about your background!! I love your proposal story - ha ha ha ha ha!! I hope that your car situation is better now or fixed soon! Happy Thursday!

May 4, 2006 at 11:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

oh my god, boho, you tell the most glorious and fracken funny stories! you and carsten are HYSTERICAL! i needed this image and big belly laugh today. how blessed i feel that you are in my life, on my screen, in my heart. your writing captures action brilliantly. OH! i adore you so. especially for this laugh today. thank you.

May 4, 2006 at 12:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger LiteraryGirl said...

I'm always excited when I find a new blog that is fun to read, inspiring, and creative. I needed this today...thank you!

May 4, 2006 at 1:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Great-looking package! Loved the Lovely Bones (did you know it is Peter Jackson's current project?) LOVE the hot air balloon story and sorry about your cars -- I was of the VW tribe for years, but I finally had to give up my convertible bug. I miss it. Once in the Bay Area someone organized a group of about 100 bugs to drive en masse from Santa Rosa to San Francisco all together, a big freewheeling gang of bugs!

May 4, 2006 at 1:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Deb R said...

That's the first time I'd seen that poem and it's just beautiful. "moonbeams and loon feathers"...love it.

I'm wishing for you the end of car troubles!

May 4, 2006 at 2:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

I keep coming back to read this my friend...beautiful.

(and guess what? i drive a little vw bug! beep, beep!)

May 4, 2006 at 9:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

#1 beautiful poem...love it...loon feathers :)

#2 i want a VW!!!!(oh. and a driver's licence) (heehee)

#3 holy! and heehee about the balloon ride/proposal!

:)

May 5, 2006 at 5:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

If you like Lovely Bones you should also read Lucky if you have not.

May 5, 2006 at 9:57:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

VW's are all that!
your dear friend

May 5, 2006 at 9:26:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home