<

Monday, May 1

Self Portrait Challenge - Introduce Yourself


boho, canon digital rebel xt

This month's topic over at Self Portrait Challenge is "Introduce Yourself".

When I first read this I sort of laughed to myself. Goodness...I have spilled so much of my inner the last five months on my blog that introducing myself feels like taking a few steps back in a growing relationship.

I suppose I would liken it to hanging out with my tribe all day and then when we are ready to part I stick out my hand and say..."Hi, my name is Denise."

Perhaps the true reason I find this topic uncomfortable is because here on my blog it has become second nature to get right down into the deepest foundation of my soul and it never occurs to me to share trivial tid bits of my life. Like what my favorite color is or what cuisine teases my palette.

But those aren't really trivial, are they? All those little tid bits make up the big lovely bit of who we are.

Upon more reflection, I realized that on those days when I feel too far into the depths of my head, it feels so good to shut my brain off and read "tags" or "meme's" listing light and airy information about the people I find so intriguing in this bloggie Universe.

So I am going to reserve all the Tuesdays in this month of May for a bit of easy breezy Boho sharing. Nothing too deep. Perhaps a few surprises.

So, here are just a few bits about myself that you may not have guessed by what you have learned about me thus far:

I don't have a favorite color right now. I choose my colors based on my mood and my mood changes quite frequently. My favorite color when I was younger was white. I thought of it like a prism in that white held all the colors of the rainbow into one. I even wrote a poem about it called "White", of course.

I have a difficult time sharing popcorn out of the same bag with my husband at the movies. His hand is so big that I feel like it swallows up everything left for me. So we usually get separate small bags and laugh about it every time. We are wondering if this stems from something out of my childhood. We think it might be since I had a special diet growing up, I was used to eating my own foods apart from others and it is hard for me to share. Did I just get too deep there???

Oops, my apologies...okay, one more easy breezy tid bit.

When I was a freshmen in bible college, my lovely roommate and dear friend Pattie and I snuck out passed curfew and found a route around the guard through the woods. Even though all we did was meander in and out of Redwood trees in the dark with some boys (ummm...the Dean's son?), it still felt cool that we were supposed to be in bed. That night we saved a frog from despair and brought it into the dorms not realizing that its ribbit sounds would wake everyone else up. Try to explain that one to your Dorm mother. Oooohhhh...crazy bible college stories!!!

More fun Boho bits next Tuesday.

25 Comments:

Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i like the idea of taking it light on tuesdays...i completely know what you mean.
i love this about you with the popcorn! so funny. i sometimes think a similar thought during movies with my husband. men just eat differently than us i think.
also, love how you loved white when you were younger...the color that holds all the colors.

May 1, 2006 at 10:54:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a total knock out woman!

And I finally have an envelope with your name on it!!! Next stop- post office.

May 2, 2006 at 5:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger M said...

This is great! A brilliant idea! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your quirks and silliness! Keeping light, I like that.

May 2, 2006 at 9:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Daibh said...

Beautiful portrait. Great color and composition and framing.

May 2, 2006 at 9:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

gorgeous, glowing denise! nice to meet you :)

May 2, 2006 at 9:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

Look how lovely you are!!!

beautifuul
kind
loving
thoughtful
crative
strong
inspirational

That is how I would introduce you!

I miss that face! You have always been and will always be so beautiful...inside and out!

let's look at ticket prices and dates soon and get something on the calender!

May 2, 2006 at 10:01:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous, glowing, boho, wow, what a beautiful picture. I love the idea of sharing some fun bits, I always enjoy little glimpses into the lighter side of peoples' lives...especially yours!

May 2, 2006 at 10:14:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember this???

When you were little, mom put all of your stuffed animals in a drawer to clean up your room (you were a little piggie back then) and when you found them, you screamed "THEY CAN"T BREATHE!!!"
Then you proceeded to desparately
take them out and put them right back where they were. I loved that about you I still do

You look fabulous darling

May 2, 2006 at 10:24:00 AM PDT  
Blogger claireylove said...

i love all the autumnal shades in your self portrait. It draws from such a small range of colours, but I look at it and think wow! i never knew there were so many luscious shades of brown. beautiful!

May 2, 2006 at 10:32:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol. Am I allowed to share that she STILL doesn't like to have stuffed animals lying face down on the bed?

Uh oh.. am I in trouble?

May 2, 2006 at 12:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sarah .B. Scott said...

Beautiful photo. I can totally get the popcorn thing. Men have mammoth hands and they seem to eat without even taking a break for air. It would be impossible to eat fast enough for you to even get a third of the bag! LOL

May 2, 2006 at 12:43:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh... sweet precious Bethany memories. I totally remember that! How about the time when we woke up, went down the dorm hall... to find ALL of our clothes hanging in the hallway. Someone? had snuck in during the night while we (with our retainers and zit cream) slept the night away! :-) Crazy good times.

D- you completely are glowing. So good to know your inner beauty is showing through! Love to you, dear friend.

May 2, 2006 at 12:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger boho girl said...

How is it that I KNEW my husband would be tempted to respond to my sister Darlene's comment about the stuffed animals?

Yes, hubby Carsten...you're in trouble but I still adore you like crazy, stinker.

ps. thank you all, you blessed souls, for all of your generous words.

May 2, 2006 at 1:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Gorgeous you!

What an amazing picture!

Love the light lil bits

I have to do mine too

May 2, 2006 at 1:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

I'm so glad you are sharing even more of yourself - I've found every single thing you've revealed over the past few months intriguing and endearing so I am excited to visit you over the next few Tuesdays!!

May 2, 2006 at 2:02:00 PM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

teehee
can't wait for next tuesday!

and i love that you loved
the color white as a child
because it held all colors...
that is pretty interesting...
i bet you were a cool kid.

:)

May 2, 2006 at 3:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Fran said...

I happened upon your blog one day a week or so ago, while flipping through other blogs. Your throughts , words, insights , and wisdom have inspired me as a woman in ways you will never know. Thank you for your sisterhood.

May 2, 2006 at 3:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lita said...

you always amaze me!! Such a beautiful soul you are!!!

May 2, 2006 at 10:32:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! I just found your blog through Self Portrait and have enjoyed reading the tid bits that me you YOU especially loved the popcorn story!

May 2, 2006 at 10:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Bible college! I wouldn't have guessed! Sounds like a lovely place. I spent a lot of time in Santa Cruz, probably around the same time!

May 2, 2006 at 11:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Denise, how beautful you are, my goodness! the more photos i see of you the more facets of your soul shines out to me.... and the Boho and the Frog sounds like a fairy story :-)
Sx

May 3, 2006 at 2:55:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

Loving the Boho bits! And you are stunning. Seriously, that photo is gorgeous!

May 3, 2006 at 8:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Heidi R. said...

what a pretty picture!! I also do not like sharing things and yes, i think it stems from childhood too...love the bible college story...too funny! :)

May 3, 2006 at 10:06:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A stunning picture of course and the tidbits of what makes you, you were fab.
Awesome!
a.

May 4, 2006 at 7:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Misty Mawn said...

you are so beautiful!!! xo

May 7, 2006 at 6:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home