<

Sunday, May 21

Sunday Scribblings ~ Three Wishes


bottle on tree at the Kroon homestead, canon digital rebel xt

The Sunday Scribblings Genie in a bottle has been awakened and has granted me three wishes. I've struggled with this one for what feels like hours to narrow my list down to three. This is a huge challenge for a dreamer like me when my head is always in the clouds wishin' and hopin' for such beauty to come to pass in my life and the lives of those I adore.

My Three Wishes...

The healing of Mother Nature: I wish that an invisible healing balm be smoothed over the Ozone so that our Mother Earth and all of the living organisms throughout it will thrive on now and forever more. I don't want my future children and grandchildren to live with the fears that I do about the environment.

Cures for Sickness: Any disease, cancer, disorder, etc. that does not yet have a cure, a cure will be found and many will be healed. Including my sister that has Lupus.

Inexpensive Travel: I want to travel the world. I want to visit my sisterhood, friends and family across the globe and it hurts knowing that what prevents this is money. I wish that a plane ride would cost as much as a bus but pilots still get paid well because of their talent and bravery.

I would have said "World Peace" but didn't want to sound like a beauty pageant contestant. ;)

22 Comments:

Blogger meghan said...

Great wishes! I say, hear hear!!

P.S. I know that no one likes to use wishes for selfish reasons so I will use a wish here for you - I sincerely wish that you will become a Mom very soon. love to you xoxo

May 21, 2006 at 10:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Rebekah said...

Perfect, loving wishes, and very well stated. I adore the picture.

May 21, 2006 at 10:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Lovely wishes, expressed well. Great photo too! Hope many of your wishes come true!

May 21, 2006 at 10:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

I want all these to come true too!!!

I have another wish for you too :)

I love you!

XO-Leth

May 21, 2006 at 10:41:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After your done with the genie...send him/her my way and I'll wish for that teleporter(sp?) inventionie thing, so travel will be ultra easy.

I'd pop in on you often and some of your tribeies that I'm really getting attached to. I adore new kindreds!!!

Sending you lovins and smugs ~Dar

May 21, 2006 at 10:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish for your wishes to come true!

xoxo

May 21, 2006 at 11:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger AscenderRisesAbove said...

what an interesting photo!!

May 21, 2006 at 12:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Maggie May said...

I was tempted to say world peace too, but refrained. I love your wishes, they are beautifully put.

May 21, 2006 at 3:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had the same reservations about world peace. I like your alternatives.

May 21, 2006 at 4:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You-swelling heart- great wishes. I wish for them too.

Hugs

May 21, 2006 at 5:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Cookie said...

I also didnt want to sound like a pageant queen...lolol Great wishes.

May 21, 2006 at 6:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i love your beautiful soul my friend. and your sense of humor.
thank you for sharing these wishes. love them all.

May 21, 2006 at 7:12:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Simple and beautiful. You could make your last wish come true by working for an airline, that's what I did when I wanted to travel the world cheaply :)

May 21, 2006 at 9:29:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo! Loved how you expressed your wishes, especially the one about travel! How fabulous would that be!!

May 21, 2006 at 9:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

I am certain a genie you poured from that blue bottle!

oh the last line of your post cracked me up!
You win!!

May 21, 2006 at 11:08:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

I didn't write a serious response this week, but I second all three of your wishes -- they're perfect. To heal the earth and people, and to travel cheaply to see all the beauty and health and happiness. That's pretty fine.

May 21, 2006 at 11:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

I see so much of myself in your posts. It's as though I write them myself sometimes! Beautiful you, you're such a tender soul...

May 22, 2006 at 12:19:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

these are lovely :-) when you and your yummy sis have finished with the genie, can i have a go too? i'm thinking i could get him to create a magic carpet i can sit on and transport myself to your house in the blink of an eye...
Sx

(note to Darlene: i'm going to write to the Universal Council to see if you can officially adopt me as your lil sis :-)))

May 22, 2006 at 4:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amber said...

Cheers to that!!!

How lovely would it be to meet the faces of the words we love so much.

May 22, 2006 at 7:04:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

beautiful photo
and words to match...
wonderful wise wishes.


:)

May 22, 2006 at 8:57:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that picture! And ooh, cheap travel...can I claim that one too?

Stop being so selfless. ;) Lovely wishes.

May 22, 2006 at 1:53:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love your wishes and I wish them too.
a.

May 23, 2006 at 2:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home