<

Saturday, June 3

full of soul


josh kelley & joe firstman, kodak easyshare digital

Yesterday, out of nowhere, I found myself extremely exhausted. It was one of those days when what I truly wanted to do was snuggle underneath my down comforter and sleep all day long. But I pressed on, doing my daily activities with a bit of numbness and not a lot of zest.

Last night we met some dear friends at a cool venue for a concert. On the way there, I wondered if I could last through it, imagining that I would most likely want to head home early and crash into the sea of our soft comforters that I felt calling me into cushy~ness all day.

Then the music began and my mood was completely transformed. Their soulful voices and instruments pulsated through me and I felt an excitement and exhilaration bubbling within, as did the others we were with.

Josh Kelley and Joe Firstman are absolutely amazing alone but when their bands gathered together on stage it felt like fire in my soul. The energy in the room was vibrant and their passion for music and laughter was contagious. Carsten and I, as well as our friends, just stood there, getting the groove on, enveloped in one another and in awe of the raw talent before us.

I am glad I made the choice to go because as a result of being with my gorgeous friends and listening to this sweet muzak, I am enriched today and full of soul.


carsten, sean striking a pose & carey, kodak easyshare digital


sean & carey groovin', kodak easyshare digital


carey & sean, kodak easyshare digital

6 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

So glad you went out my darling. Music has such an amazing way of shifting our energy doesn't it. Your friends are beautiful and it looks like everyone had a great time.

love you

June 3, 2006 at 3:41:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only problem with taking all the pics is that we didn't get to see you! Next time, give my bro a moment with the cam. =)

OOOO I want to be there too. Music feeds the soul and sings away the gloomies, so glad you went.

A beautiful time spent with timeless beauty.

I love, miss, love you~ Dar

June 3, 2006 at 9:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

So glad you went out to have a good time. I'm like that - I never want to go out until I am actually out. I understand the feelings of weariness though. Be gentle with yourself today. All will be well, I PROMISE!! xxoxo

June 3, 2006 at 11:57:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love how music can be like wings, and make you feel like you could fly! i'd love to have you join our list of song contributors to a fun blog-sisters cd i'm making! (i listen to your "theme" song everyday when i go to your website - it'd be great to add it!) let me know if you are interested... :)
~mindy

June 4, 2006 at 6:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Admin said...

i've added you to my links. ;)

June 4, 2006 at 11:28:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow, that is one goodlooking couple.

June 5, 2006 at 3:59:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home