<

Thursday, June 1

good, good news


women in rock, canon digital rebel xt

My husband and I were walking on the beach one early evening and he looked up to the cliff on our left and asked..."do you see two women carved into the rock?"

It took me a moment and then I saw them. Two women, huddled close, standing firm, side by side, solid as rock.

This is what Andrea has been to me on this journey of trying to conceive. I am so grateful for all the ways she has loved me through this and has allowed me to love her through it. The long heart soaked emails, the teary phone calls ending in laughter, the sweet cards in the mail. I cannot imagine this journey without her in it.

She announced on her blog today that she is three months pregnant. I couldn't be happier for her! Can we all shout a collective "weeeee!". I feel so closely connected to her experience, that I feel as though it is happening to me.

In all honesty, it has been difficult to be around, walk by, sit with, hang out with pregnant women. As much as I long for what they have and relish in the miracle and beauty of it all...it is a bit of a reminder that it is not me yet. I think that feeling is natural, albeit difficult to admit to myself and to others.

But with Andrea it is different. I feel so excited that I want to go rub her belly and dance with her in a sister circle. It feels so refreshing to feel this...since we both wondered how we would feel when one of us became pregnant first. I am relieved.

Our journey still continues. And for me...it is now filled with more hope seeing her beautiful picture of her bebe.

So, go give her some sweet, sweet lovins and kiss her pumpkin on the screen. They deserve every morsel!

Now when I look at those women in the rock, I see two pregnant women, side by side, embracing their bellies.

19 Comments:

Blogger Yolanda said...

Denise,
I know it will happen for you. I Immeadiately thought of you when I saw her news. So happy for her and soon it will be you.

June 1, 2006 at 10:57:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i love this picture and the images it invokes. beautiful my dear, just beautiful.
i just visited her site right before i came here...what a blessing...

love to you,
liz

June 1, 2006 at 11:58:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are such a magical and wonderful woman, and my thoughts and well wishes go to you and your husband on this journey to conceive. I have several friends who struggled the same way, and were in the end blessed with lovely children ♥

Sending you warmth and wishes come true!

June 2, 2006 at 1:57:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

that is perfect and beautiful.

love you.

xoxoxoxo

June 2, 2006 at 2:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amber said...

What a perfect picture... maybe it's symbolic for what is to come. I am thrilled for the bond you have with Andrea- we should all be so lucky.


xoxo

June 2, 2006 at 5:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

I saw two round and ripe women the instant the image came up on my screen. My thoughts are with you--more positive affirmations for your journey towards motherhood.

June 2, 2006 at 6:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

you are amazing.

what happy news for andrea!- what great friends you must be for each other.

June 2, 2006 at 6:57:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so beautiful! your time will come too, don't worry!

June 2, 2006 at 7:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

I just read her post and it's beautiful -- I'm so happy for her too! And I know you know that you too have lots of folks putting prayers in the prayer basket for you, too! I love the image of the women in the cliff. It sounds like a good omen.

June 2, 2006 at 8:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger savvycityfarmer said...

You've been blessed with a beautiful imagination.
The rocks are exquisite.

June 2, 2006 at 3:44:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How right-full it is to find these two women in stone... I also saw a womb... Its your time and I hold a space for you to arrive there.

much love,
e

June 2, 2006 at 6:01:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your generosity of spirit always touches me so. what a beautiful image and sentiment. i know the love and joy you feel for andrea, the universe will return to you, and we will all be beside you when your moment arrives...
~mindy

June 2, 2006 at 8:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lita said...

I see them too. Perhaps the other one is you!!!!

hearts!

June 2, 2006 at 8:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lu said...

I've been away on a business trip and couldn't read 'my blogs'... so I just read Andrea's news and was so excited===and when I read the title of your latest post, I thought O My God, Boho too!!! So the words you expressed in this post were even more beautiful because of how you are sharing in the joy of your friend's good news... I know it will be your time soon... I think the sign is in that rock you saw...

Prayers and wishes from me to you!!

June 2, 2006 at 9:32:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't know you very well - but I really am praying for you. This is probably too much information, but it's been interesting reading your blogs about pregnancy. I'm pregnant (as you know) but with an OOPS! I cried when I found out I was pregnant and struggled with not wanting to be. Reading about how much you want to be pregnant and start a new life has made me feel different about being on this journey.

I haven't wanted to say all of this because I don't want you to feel bad in any way at all - but honestly, your posts and your struggle have changed me.

I'll keep praying and sending good wishes up into the sky!!

LC

June 2, 2006 at 10:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Daibh said...

Great picture, great entry, great ending to it, too.

Now when I look at those women in the rock, I see two pregnant women, side by side, embracing their bellies.

That was well done! I hope it's an omen!

June 3, 2006 at 7:01:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh~ you were right.
How did I not read this and then comment. I think I just got sooo very caught up in the story.

They are indeed 2 women

I see 2 NURSING women

defin. a little peek into your future....yes!

June 3, 2006 at 11:29:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Boho, you are so amazing. When it happens for you, I'll be jumping for joy so high, I might hit my head on heaven.

(and congratulations to your friend!)

June 5, 2006 at 4:02:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the images in the rocks and of you so happy. You are an amazing soul.
a.

June 5, 2006 at 6:27:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home