<

Wednesday, June 21

Him, Me and the Sequoia's...

I feel quiet today. A bit speechless. Marinating. I couldn't possibly capture in mere words the awe-inspiring time spent in the beauty of Mother Nature this past week but I will try.

In these first few pictures I am sharing, hopefully you will experience the essence of it all. The closeness between lovers, the silent reflection among streams of water, the riveting sounds of large waves crashing upon rocks, the kiss of a waterfall on my skin... and more. So much more.

Nature let us rest, play, dance, tickle, splash and take risks with Her. So much pure fun filled with many little perfect moments.

This place is always so healing for us.

Enjoy. More coming soon...

(Please click on images for larger view)


One of our favorite rest stops on Highway 1...The Ragged Point
Inn. Boho Boy took this picture at one of the lookout points
in the middle of their Japanese garden


A gorgeous sunset we watched at a stop on our way to
Big Sur, California


We arrived! Here is our lovely campsite in Big Sur.
Bussy is in her glories surrounded by Sequoia Redwoods.


Boho chillin' by the creek at our campsite.
Check out my nifty rainbow toe socks.


Hiking through the Sequoia Redwoods


We climbed some rocks so we could watch
the water flow from Mother Earth more closely


A tiny Boho sitting amongst the enormous Redwoods


A rest between trails


This is the waterfall at the end of one of
the trails. We climbed up passed the end
to get up close, directly underneath it


Wearing our Crocs, we were able to walk/climb through the rushing
waters. Sometimes hanging on for dear life to rocks or branches in
order to get from one spot to the next. Crazy but fun.


Throughout our hikes, there were a plethora of what we
called "swimming holes" that we would wade through or just simply

stare in awe at.


We often sat on the rocks down at the creek
a few feet from our campsite. This particular
morning, Boho Boy caught me meditating...
watching my thoughts drift down with the water.


Laying down on the ground, I tried to capture
the tallness of the Sequoia Redwoods


This was the beach steps away from our campsite. Boho Boy
and I climbed up those rocks and watched the huge waves crash
below us. Each day we spent time here napping, reading, sea gem
searching, climbing and dodging the most unpredictable waves (large, small,
tiny, huge).


On our last night, we ran out of food...so we drove up the coast
and found this gem of a restaurant. We sat here at the spot
on the right up high on a cliff overlooking the ocean, trees and
the sunset.


On the opposite side of the restaurant was a firepit outside
surrounded by cemented seats covered in pillows. I fell in
love with the vibe here.


Nearing the end of our trip...feeling rested and rejuvinated!

(Please note: All photos were taken with a Canon Digital Rebel XT by Boho Girl or Boho Boy with the exception of the last one. That one was taken by a sweet stranger.)

31 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all the photos! It looks absolutely peaceful and perfect. Sounds like you had a wonderful time!!

LC

June 21, 2006 at 8:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I feel more relaxed just from looking at the pictures. :)

June 21, 2006 at 8:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger LiteraryGirl said...

Love the last pic of you two, you do look rested and relaxed.

June 21, 2006 at 8:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger ::Bek Geach:: said...

Pure Bliss... how very lovely for you both.
Beautiful surrounds... for two beautiful peeps.
Bx

June 21, 2006 at 9:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

The 14th pic down, of the big rock looks like a side profile of a beautiful Boho laughing gal! Welcome back sweeties!!! I like that one of you Boho gal all in black explaining walking with your Crocs!!!and of course the rested one of boho boy and boho gal! I LOVE vacations and road trips!

June 21, 2006 at 9:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

oh oh hi! you are back! has a week passed already? wow.
i am so happy to see you looking all rested and rejuvinated. (are you? i hope you are!)
i have missed you. lots.
love and hugs and kisses,
lizzy

June 21, 2006 at 11:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

Oh my, you look amazing in that last photo. I love that picture, truly.

And I'm so happy that you're home!
XOXO

June 21, 2006 at 11:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger paris parfait said...

Wow! I miss Northern California so much. Thanks for sharing these stunning photos and joys of your wonderful trip. The photo of you and Boho Boy touches my heart - such a lovely, loving couple!

June 22, 2006 at 2:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

hi there!! SO happy that you are home - those pictures were amazing! I've always heard of the forests of redwoods but I have never really seen them before. You have shown me what I have been missing. I'd love to see them someday. (I'd love to hug one someday!) I'm glad you are back - you were missed!

June 22, 2006 at 3:50:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

absolutely gorgeous pictures! i can only imagine wjat it must have been like in real life...so much beauty in the world :) glad your were able to relax and rejuvinate in all it's glory.
~mindy

June 22, 2006 at 4:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

welcome home. That trip sounds like the most heavenly thing I can imagine right now. absolute perfection. and what beautiful photos the bohos take.

June 22, 2006 at 5:52:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh those were amazing photos! I am so glad you had a wonderful time.
a.

June 22, 2006 at 6:23:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! simply lovely!

June 22, 2006 at 7:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

hey gorgeous girl - you're back! the pictures are divine but i imagine only capture a tiny bit of how glorious it was there - it looks wonderful. can we go there to meditate on a rock when i come over? ;-) missed you... xx

June 22, 2006 at 8:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amy said...

Beautiful you, I'm back again to take a look at your photos because they make me feel so good. It's so lovely to see that relaxed look on your face. I can't wait to see more photos. Oh yeah, I want you to set up a FLICKR account. I can't believe that you don't have one already with all your photo talent!

And did I mention that I'm so FREAKING HAPPY that your back home?

June 22, 2006 at 8:45:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello my lovely...

I missed my daily dose of you! I have to tell you that last night as I pulled up your blog I gasped because your photos look exactly like ours when we went to big sur last year. We stayed at the Ventana camp grounds. The only difference is that Bussy is white, and our Poly is gold!!!! I have to send you a picture when I can get onto my desk top which is acting a bit cranky this week. Its so sweet to have you back. I am glad your trip went so well, but then again, any trip to Big Sur is magical isn't it?
e

June 22, 2006 at 9:02:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is that feeling you get when your loved ones are away???

Empty...but now I feel full of you,Cars and Mother nature.

Yeah!!! you're home :)

That picture of the swimming hole looks completely m-a-g-i-c-a-l... I expected to see fairies, hobits and wood sprites peeking out from behind the trees. Instead there was a little boho girl *Mmmmm*

I could SMELL the redwoods and HEAR the rushing water. Did you just love the early break of morning with the sounds of birds singing? My favorite part.

Can't wait to HEAR your voice!!!

love you a bushel and a peck xxxooo

p.s.~ did the boho kitties attack you both with kitty love when you entered your boho home??? ^..^

June 22, 2006 at 9:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

i love the photos...
that sunset!
holy!

and you guys look sooooo
tanned and relaxed
and sweet...

i'm envious
heehee.

glad you had a great time!
:)

June 22, 2006 at 9:38:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I am printing the last picture-what gorgeousness! The two of you-and that expression on your face-beautiful, sexy and adorable all at the same time.

As I looked through the pictures-I wished I could share a camping trip with you - I felt like I was sitting with you on the rock meditating-I could hear the trickle of water rushing by.

Loving you and thinking of you my darling.

June 22, 2006 at 10:36:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love nature and all the beautiful pictures one can take of it Tnx for sharing!

June 22, 2006 at 11:20:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh beautiful, beautiful my dear one. I'm so glad you had a rejuvinating trip, I was thinking of you while I was out on my own.

June 22, 2006 at 1:25:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a fantastic, beautiful time you had!!!! you capture nature wonderfully in you words! planning to go there next month as a surprise for hubby!

June 22, 2006 at 1:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Daibh said...

Great shots! Glad the trip went well.

June 22, 2006 at 6:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

this post is the best. i'm so happy for you to have such a kickass life.

June 23, 2006 at 6:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger a m y said...

Welcome home, lovely!

Beautiful pictures, I am so, so, SO glad that you had a wonderful time...sounds like exactly what you needed! Thanks for sharing a slice with us...

xo xo xo

June 24, 2006 at 12:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

stunning pics...
and i SO DIG the croc connection bebe...
that we fell in love with crocs together...
and that this past week i've been trekking in the desert with my purpleys...

we'll go camping together one day, yus?

love you tenderly,
leonie

June 24, 2006 at 11:51:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lita said...

these photos were just what I needed...thanks for the mini holiday with beautiful YOU!

June 26, 2006 at 12:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Teri said...

What a magical trip!! Your boho slideshow really lifted my spirit. We head out for camping next week!

I am going to forward this post along to my hubbie so he can see that in fact, real men wear Crocs!!

June 26, 2006 at 11:14:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a divine retreat! those photos make me want to jump through the screen and experience it firsthand!

June 28, 2006 at 11:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger tracey clark said...

I swear, you are like the cutest things ever! What a trip. What great photos. What a couple.

So fun to share the trip with you.

June 29, 2006 at 1:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger GEWELS said...

Wow, How beautiful!!!
You two are gorgeous.And deserve all the best, kittys, kids, whatever the Almighty has in store, it is all good.

June 30, 2006 at 6:39:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home