<

Monday, July 31

acceptance


"acceptance", pastel drawing by boho

There was a mist in the sky this morning. My husband called me out onto our garden porch so I could feel it on my skin. He knows how much I love gray skies and mist. I thrive in this type of weather like most thrive in sunshine.

We sat together drinking our coffee, mostly in silence. His greenish eyes were illuminated with the gray backdrop behind him. He looked at me adoringly, telling me I was beautiful. I love unexpected moments such as these. He always catches me off guard with his admiration.

I did feel beautiful in that moment without worrying about my messy ponytail from sleep and crumpled up pajamas on my body. I thought about how far I have come in accepting my body, my beauty, my "self". I see this happening with so many of you, especially in the Self Portrait Challenge posts. I see the self acceptance trinkling into your lives and it is beautiful. It inspires me. I haven't yet arrived...nor do I want to. I hope to always remain open to those lessons on how to love myself, my life, my body on a deeper level. I understand that it is a process, a journey.

I love that through our creations, through writing, blogging, relationships, we can together learn what acceptance truly is.

Sitting across from my husband, I realized that because of learning to love and accept myself all those years being on my own, I am able to love and accept him more fully.

Those fun and crazy years of singledom helped prepare me to wait for the right partner and centered me to be the mom I truly want to be.

I am open. I accept this path...I accept me.

14 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Yea baby......so affirming,serene and inspiring.

You always inspire me darling...

I really love you for that, along with a whole lot of other beautiful stuff.

Love to you

July 31, 2006 at 2:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

that's really beautiful dearheart...

thank you for sharing this with the world :)

July 31, 2006 at 4:00:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are in a great place right now, I adore your writings. And, in this post I really love your artwork. More importantly, thanks for sharing; you are so honest with your thoughts; your insights only help me grow by learning different thoughts and by seeing new reflections on life.

July 31, 2006 at 5:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Deirdre said...

You are sooo talented. What a lovely way to begin the morning. That early morning mist is so soothing, but I want it to burn off by 9:00 a.m., I need the sunshine. Yes, I agree that spending time alone, single, helps get us ready for the right one.

July 31, 2006 at 5:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

yes...
i feel a bit like we were hearing the whispers of the wind together today my dear and my meditation i wrote and posted was about self-acceptance.
blessings and light to you,
liz

July 31, 2006 at 6:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love this drawing...

i am so glad to have discovered you through this blog-world. i feel so strongly that i have so much to learn from you....

July 31, 2006 at 6:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger christina said...

Beautiful drawing, beautiful words...

July 31, 2006 at 8:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Deb R said...

That's a lovely drawing!

July 31, 2006 at 9:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I just love love love this. Incredible!

xoxo,
Mon

July 31, 2006 at 9:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yessss.....

thank you for sharing this...
e

July 31, 2006 at 9:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger a m y said...

watching your growth and the peace and beauty blossoming in you is inspirational and amazing. keep going, darlin'...

blessings and kindness and goodness and all of those wonderful things to you!

xoxoxoxo

July 31, 2006 at 11:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

You paved the path for me to follow, love. time alone, time to know ourselves.... time to accept... you are such an inspiration... such a bright light.... thank you baby

love you xx

July 31, 2006 at 11:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

I love this, I love you! So happy to see you creating, trusting and letting your light shine!!

XOXXOX

August 1, 2006 at 11:19:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Madeleine said...

i feel all gooo-ey now after hearing that. the perfect moments are sometimes moments you described.
what a gorgeous partnership you have going on there.
oh, i feel even goo-ey-er now.
yes knowing ourselves is a journey and what a great one it is.

xx
:)

August 1, 2006 at 12:17:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home