<

Thursday, July 20

you


thea, self portrait

you, my friend, are braver than most.
you inspire me to search deeper into my well of strength.
on this journey we have walked on together, your vision of us,
holding our babies side by side never wavered.
you just knew and now i just know.
it will happen for us...it is happening for you tomorrow.
we will all circle around you in the late morning
and whisper words of abundance to your beautiful womb,
the palace you spoke of to me of cushions ready to let your babies rest.
that beautiful vision, that gift.

hearing your voice today was like coming home.
your tears soothed my thirst for calm.
for the first time, i looked back on this journey feeling grateful.
you helped me to see the gifts, the lessons, the growth that never
would have happened if we did not walk this rugged road.
you helped pull the curtain of fear and doubt aside and
the path is so clear now...the path that led me to you.

do you see the gentle warrior in your eyes?
she is ever present.

i envision us walking along the shore soon,
side by side,with our babies running ahead.
we're laughing, holding one another's hand with a knowing
look that says YES, it was all worth it.
worth it to dive into those deep wells, discovering parts
of us that otherwise may not have been found.

thank you for your guidance, your friendship, for helping me
find my strength and for being YOU, beautiful you.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pic is wonderful-love the eyes in color!!! ANd as always your writing is pheneomenal!!!

July 20, 2006 at 10:13:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Oh my love, the tenderness i feel for you and Thea right now is winding its way from the corner of my eye down my cheek :-) you two beautiful women are so brave, so strong, so inspiring, it's an honour to know you. And this beautiful heart-felt letter to your kindred is a joy to read, and a touching testimony to the power of female friendship.

love you x

July 21, 2006 at 1:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Drea said...

What a beautiful photo.

July 21, 2006 at 1:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Tears.......from the deepest part of my soul dance down my cheeks, gratitude for you, your love, your beauty.

I too see us darling...on the beach with our babes running ahead.

Thank you for being my inspiration and my mentor.

Loving you so very much
Thea

July 21, 2006 at 2:21:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

truly inspiring, and deeply touching...a journey made better by holding hands.

July 21, 2006 at 6:41:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful tribute to her...i think i need to phone some friends of mine this afternoon....

July 21, 2006 at 8:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

Besides the fact that Thea is beautiful on the outside...
the relationship you have with her is beautiful on the inside.

I am so thankful that this kindredship blesses you in a way that none other can.

Yeah for fristerhoods!!! :)

(((hug))) xo d

July 21, 2006 at 10:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

I want pictures of YOU two beauties and your babes at the seaside! Pretty Please??!!! Beauty FULL post Boho gal! I'm sooo GLAD and thankful YOU two do have each other!!My post today is going to be about friends! HURRAH! for FRIENDSHIP! xooxo awwwwwww! the word verification is *winxg*
angels are flying near

July 21, 2006 at 11:47:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

my two angelic warriors, I'm so happy you both have each other to lean on during this journey.

July 21, 2006 at 6:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

what sweet and beautiful tender thoughts,
wow...
and that photo...
holy.

July 21, 2006 at 7:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

What a beautiful vision, Denise! I hope someday my babies can play with your babies on the beach, too. I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you both!

July 21, 2006 at 9:05:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home