<

Wednesday, September 13

clarity


blue jar & bottle, canon digital rebel xt

Yesterday was our third appointment with our new doctor. His office is 1.5 hours north of where we live, so it gives my husband and I a good amount of time to catch up with one another's days and do some bonding. The radio is never on...just us and the background noise of wind through our windows. It is so nice to have this time to reconnect and remember why we are doing this.

I am amazed at how in tune our doctor is with our bodies. He uses Applied Kinesiology and provides us with supplements and herbs to balance out what is not in balance. He has discovered little things here and there within our bodies that have been a hindrance to our journey to conceive. Things that our Western docs never even considered to look into. So, while I am laying there and he is working his magic, I feel completely surrendered to his wisdom, to his gift...and I no longer feel afraid. Where the other doctors have instilled fear within us...he has replaced it with hope, peace and clarity.

During our last appointment, when we were in the waiting room, a woman walked in with a stroller. A newborn was nestled inside. I wondered if my doctor had helped her conceive. Then, when we went in to see him, the first thing he asked was..."Did you see my patient out there with the baby? Her and her husband have been trying for 10 years. She went through countless procedures for years and decided to give me a chance. She conceived a few months later...".

In the waiting room for yesterday's appointment, my husband picked up a thick binder sitting near the reception desk filled with hundreds of his patients testimonies of how they tried everything and then finally, he found the root of the problem and made it all better.

It feels so refreshing to not be afraid any longer.

I am off to meet a new friend I have found on this (in)fertility journey. We're meeting at a cafe downtown. I look forward to listening to her story and giving one another even more hope and clarity on this path of ours.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's wonderful to have a doctor that is sincere and concerned about your health in preparation for the life that will be nurtured by you. I have a peace about this man and feel that you are in good hands. I pray angels on his pillow too. :)

September 13, 2006 at 10:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I am soothed by your journey and wisdom and honored to walk this path with you.

Hugs and kisses wrapped in love

September 13, 2006 at 11:48:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We feel the same way about our doc...and we also have a two hour drive to get to him. My husband and I laugh and sing and talk about everything under the sun. Someday, I'm going to miss those trips just a little.

It is good to feel like you have a friend (or two, or three) to share in all of this infertility. An extra support beam, I say. It bonds us together, and the understanding is so comforting.

September 13, 2006 at 12:08:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel great things about this!

Love you, and will be praying for this success!

T.

September 13, 2006 at 1:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

I love the idea that you and C are rambling on your way to the doc's. I can see you two laughing, C driving like a maniac, you bracing yourself every now and then, a little cussing at the 'other' crazy drivers ;# and... being a little more quiet on the ride home.

You close your eyes and picture the 3 of you....instead of 2

Am I right? Yea, I know I am...I'm your sledge :)

smugs xxxd

wipe those tears Den

September 13, 2006 at 2:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

that's so very beautiful deni, i am SO so SO happy that you have found a sage to help you and carsten on your journey together.

beautiful and blessed.

H U R R A H!

with love and joy
xoxoxoxo
leonie

September 13, 2006 at 3:46:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, I found you through Andrea's blog. You may need to give me the name of your doctor, he sounds amazing. I am in Los Angeles and have been really unhappy with the ones I have seen. I am on your same path (although with a miscarriage attached) and I send loads of pink clouds (good thought vibrations) your way. It WILL happen.

September 13, 2006 at 4:42:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link, hon! :)

Oh and I think your new doctor sounds really promising and intriguing and I have a VERY good feeling about everything you're doing!

September 13, 2006 at 10:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mint and orange said...

i can feel the peace you're breathing out of your entry today. good things will come! thanks for letting us walk with you on this journey.

September 14, 2006 at 11:36:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been on an internet break for a bit, and shall be gone for a while longer, to focus on my children and working on my art... but wanted to let you know that you are one of the few who's blogs I have remained reading, always crossing my fingers for you, and hoping you are well and happy!

September 14, 2006 at 1:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

this is such a beautiful blessing my dear - this new doctor. i feel the energy crackling around it all.

September 14, 2006 at 2:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

i'm a little bit in love with your new Dr Magic - he sounds fantastic, and so in tune with what matters to you - the healthy, holistic route... this is definitely the way forward monkey....

and right now, over here in the rainy UK, it's nearly 1am on the 15th... so you know what that means don't you ;-) xxx

September 14, 2006 at 4:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

almost the 15th here too in West Virginia, it's 10pm! Hoping and praying YOU two will be in your Dr's testimonial binder by next September 15! xooxxxo

September 14, 2006 at 7:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Laini Taylor said...

Great, hopeful news about the new doc! May you be his next binder success story!! And the long drives together do sound nice.

September 14, 2006 at 8:51:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of Dr. is this!? What magic does he work? I'm curious!

September 15, 2006 at 7:10:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home