<

Sunday, September 17

meeting the lovelies


romina & guillermo , canon digital rebel xt

Carsten and I were fortunate enough to spend the day with these lovelies! Romina and her husband Guillermo are such genuine souls. Within minutes, Carsten and I felt as though we'd been with them many times before. They are so very kind and down to earth. People are quick to to fall in love with her from reading her blog and it's easy to fall under a spell with her gorgeous creations. I am telling you...it even gets better in person!

After meeting a few of my bloggie sisters in person recently, I am learning that the deep/intimate connections we create through this blog world spill very naturally into the physical world.

Staring into her gorgeous face was an added bonus, of course...and being able to touch her, hug her and lean up against her as we laughed. Carsten was his usual comedian and at one point she looked at me and said, "You're right...he's really funny." I feel as though I have made a friend for life and that perhaps she's been here all along. I know that is rare...so I am cherishing it.

What a perfect way to end a wonderful birthday weekend.

Speaking of..."The Last Kiss" was an amazing film. The acting was incredible. It dealt with a lot of important relationship issues. Healthy discussions were inspired between Carsten and I following the film. I highly recommend it if you haven't seen it yet. The soundtrack is phenomenal, of course because Zach Braff produced it (he also produced the one for Garden State). In fact, I stayed up last night all hours into the morning watching the musical artist's from this soundtrack perform live from the radio station Indie 103.1 here on this website: rehearsals.com. Do watch them and let me know what you think. Imogen Heap's first song that she sings called "Just Now" rocked my world. I also thought it was tres cool that a musical artist I am quite obsessed with lately, Schuyler Fisk, had her mother (Sissy Spacek) in the studio with her as her back up singer. Check it out.

And here is more of the lovelies:



11 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

ahhh, sounds like you had a wonderful day :-) x

September 18, 2006 at 12:42:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovelies indeed.
Guillermo is my *favourite* Italian name. The way it rolls of the tongue.
Plus it is pronounced NOTHING like it looks... AND the little 12 year old guy I nannied in Italy.
Those three reasons, make it a rocking song.
Good for you for having such a wonderful day with new friends.
Bx

September 18, 2006 at 2:10:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

song... name
same.. same.
Tired Bek.
Being distracted by guy (why-oh-why do they always want to speak to you when you are CLEARLY BUSY).
oiw!
Bx

September 18, 2006 at 2:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

oh, they really are lovely, no? YOur photos of them are beautiful. I wish I had some great pictures like that of me and my boy.

and thanks for sharing your music with us--I love your taste in music and rarely have time to find new music, so I have found some great stuff from your reccommendations.

xoxo

September 18, 2006 at 5:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Holy crap, that imogen song is incredible!!!

September 18, 2006 at 5:55:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Deb R said...

Those are some really wonderful photos!

September 18, 2006 at 6:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

Beautiful pictures Den :)

it all looks like such a lovely time, hard to part and say goodbye

missing you
xxxd

September 18, 2006 at 11:28:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

OH MY GOD. i was already in love with Imogen H, but JESUS - that was amazing. i've played the first song 5 times non-stop already :-)... going in for the 6th time..... amazing.... have you got her CD? do you want me to send it to you? :-)

and wasn't Sissy cute? bless

September 18, 2006 at 3:29:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What absolute joy.

The pics are so delicious


XOXOXO

September 19, 2006 at 4:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Georgia said...

How fun to get to meet bloggie friends in person:)

That is funny about Schuyler Fisk... I thought to myself that she looked like Sissy Spacek but I did not konw they were mother and daughter.

I cannot wait to see the movie.. I am trying to convince the hubby to take me on Friday after we play lazer tag... *fingers crossed* It is not really his kind of movie... He is the action drama type.... *sigh* But I love him even if we are polar opposites:)

xoxox

September 19, 2006 at 10:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

HA! We don't even have that movie here playing, I'm going to have to search and seeeeeee if any of the neighboring towns has it! Now, I don't feel sooo bad with my bangs, after seeeeeeeing Sissy's hair, isn't that a pretty song S. Fisk sang? I have yet to hear Imogen's! I can't wait to hear it too! Thanks! for the site Denise!;)That is AWESOME Romina and her hubby got to meet YOU and your sweet man! What a great birthday you must have had Sweet Boho gal!!! xo

September 19, 2006 at 1:10:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home