<

Monday, September 11

self portrait challenge ~ "with someone"


amber & me, canon digital rebel xt

Quirky things about my kitty:

She loves chewing on plastic grocery bags.

She sits up like Buddha to lick herself clean.

She only likes fresh dry food (we call it "freshies"). Any dry food that has been in her bowl for more than 24 hours is not considered good enough for her palate. So she eats the food on the top and leaves the rest underneath untouched. When she hears us say..."Amber...here's some freshies!", she comes running as we pour.

She will back her bum up to your face so you will scratch it.

She is obsessed with laser lights. She'll follow the red light all the way up to the middle of the wall.

She loves chewing on lettuce. She'll pull a lettuce leaf out of my salad bowl and crunch on it.

When we do something she doesn't like, she says "Wah!"...never "meowwww" but a short "wah".

She likes to sleep facing me with her head on my pillow laying on her side...ummm...like a human.

She loves to take her paws and pull down a whole roll of toilet paper on the bathroom floor and then chews on it so we find tiny white pieces everywhere.

She likes to watch television...especially hockey.

I have a vintage suitcase full of all colors of raffia ribbon. She likes to pull them out one by one onto the floor and lay on them.

She gets excited when our large water bottle (for drinking water) makes a "blub" sound from air going thru it when we pour. She'll get up really close and stare at the bubbles.

When I come home from a long day, she'll run into the bathroom because she knows that is where I am going.

She fits perfectly in our quirky family.

25 Comments:

Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh this is a fab photo darling.You both look so beautiful and connected.

I sat here nodding to many of the things you listed, because my kitties like them too.

It makes me want to go give them big hugs right now.

Loving you
XOXO

September 11, 2006 at 9:12:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amber looks a lot like our little princess Zoe. And by the sounds of her diva like qualities it sounds like they share a very ‘catlike’ personality as well. Cool idea about listing the idiosyncrasies that make cats such amazing animals.

As always your shot is very intimate and inviting. Nice work!

September 11, 2006 at 9:14:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing, from one photographer to another, make sure you check out my post this week i think will like,

September 11, 2006 at 9:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Deb R said...

What a beautiful photo! Amber sounds like a lovely kitty.

September 11, 2006 at 9:27:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love cats - she sounds like a great pet.

LC

September 11, 2006 at 9:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mrs. Spencer said...

This makes me miss having my quirky cat around, she lives with my parents now because I wasn't home enough a few years back and felt bad. Now that I am home more, my Mom refuses to give her back1 :) Cute pic and descriptions.

September 12, 2006 at 3:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

that is so cute! I loved hearing some little details about your little amber--a little peek.

xoxo

September 12, 2006 at 6:09:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I just sat here nodding and staring at that gorgeous photo. Amber looks and sounds just like our kitty, Nevada. She is kooky like us and we couldn't have found a more perfect cat for our little family of two at the moment. Sounds like you found the same. Great photo!

September 12, 2006 at 8:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Awwww! That is the SWEETEST photo! I like it because your eyes are looking at the same thing! lol I wish i could have a sweet lil animal in the house :( ps. give Amber a soft kiss and hug for me! Boho gal xoxoxox

September 12, 2006 at 8:41:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds precious! Just like my 2 fur-children, Cambridge and Neville! :)

September 12, 2006 at 9:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger M said...

I love kittie cats and this makes me miss mine so much. They live with my parents, all the way over on the east coast!
Such a cute photo!!

September 12, 2006 at 10:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I am laughing that you two have the exact same expression going on!!!!

My cat is fond of grocery sacks as well.

September 12, 2006 at 10:33:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Daibh said...

Great portrait and writeup of your kitty. I love the parallel expressions, there. Your kitty reminds me of mine, could be her sister.

September 12, 2006 at 11:23:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Madeleine said...

great photo of you and cute pussy cat.
i love love quirky cats and their owners.
:)

September 12, 2006 at 12:27:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pic!! She is well loved and it shows. (both of you)

Blessings!

T.

September 12, 2006 at 1:06:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Denise you left one out on Amber.
She likes to sit in front of you and stare at your face while you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Love you bunches Den

September 12, 2006 at 2:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

"She sits up like Buddha to lick herself clean." Ha! This was a great description..sweet picture too!

September 12, 2006 at 2:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jamie said...

Great pic. You both have such big beautiful eyes! Your kitty's quirkiness made me smile!

September 12, 2006 at 5:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

OMG...you 2 are starting to look like one another ^..^ ^..^

I'm coming to get you if you start wanting your food called "freshies"

love those 2 faces

September 12, 2006 at 8:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Amber seems just as quirky and delightful as my Harry cat. Kitties are the best!

How are you? My blog and I miss your sweet comments, darlin'!

Amy (coffee and sunshine---this new blogger business won't let me comment normally)

September 12, 2006 at 9:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Admin said...

so sweet. i would love to have a cat.

September 13, 2006 at 12:16:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

too cute kittiness
:)

September 13, 2006 at 8:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Sarcomical said...

awww...you guys TOTALLY look like best friends. ;) i love it.

September 13, 2006 at 11:05:00 AM PDT  
Blogger bronxbt said...

this is TOTALLY what you need to send me at fuzziechadsrule@hotmail.com for the weekly WED FAN~ANIMALZ tribute!

you two are soooo cute!

eeeep!

lurve you,
B

September 14, 2006 at 3:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Beautiful photo and your kitty sounds like she has some personality :)

September 15, 2006 at 11:20:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home