<

Saturday, September 2

time spent with a superhero


andrea scher in mid-air, canon digital rebel xt

I just spent a few days basking in the warm, sisterly and comfy presence of my lovely friend, Andrea. Not only does she bring a splash of color to our worlds through her fabulous jewels but she also brings color (and sparkles) to each moment I am with her.

We have walked closely together on this journey to conceive and although she is now on another path of impending motherhood, I still feel as though our roads are side by side. She has not forgotten the longing she once felt to be pregnant, so it was very natural for her to meet me where I was.

It felt so sweet to touch her belly, to feel her babe moving about and to share thoughts about impending parenthood. It was the first time that I have been near a pregnant woman without feeling the fear that it won't happen to me. On the contrary, I found myself feeling quite confident that it will happen...and perhaps soon! It is such a wonderful feeling to feel so inspired not only by her journey but by so many other aspects of who she is.

So, for that extraordinary shift in perspective within my soul and the rest of the yumminess that her and I shared, I am so grateful for our time together.

Magical things do indeed happen when spending time with a Superhero.

13 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

It's lovely to have time with special friends, you always feel energised afterwards. Thinking of you at the moment, sending positive and fruitful energy your way.

September 3, 2006 at 10:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

yAYYYY! Boho gal!!! I am soooo GLAD Andrea lifted your spirits!!!She looks so Radiant!!! YOU don't give up HOPE sweetie! We all are waiting and praying for YOU!!!I can't wait to go shopping for a little Boho baby gift!!! XO

September 3, 2006 at 10:12:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm so glad you had fun with Andrea. Sounds like exactly what you needed! :)

September 3, 2006 at 10:34:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great superhero time! I just received my very own necklace from Andrea! It's awesome!

September 3, 2006 at 11:00:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me again! FYI: My necklace is "Joy". Everyone should have a superhero necklace! And I think they do have special powers too. :)

September 3, 2006 at 11:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

Imparting what we have to one another, whether this be love, wisdom or listening....

this is the job of a super hero...and it sounds as if she did just that :)

Den~ you are my super hero ;-)

xxx d

September 4, 2006 at 9:14:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is such an adorable picture! glad you had some time with andrea -- she seems like she could make anyone's day more beautiful!

September 4, 2006 at 9:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

i am so glad this time has been healing for you. a friend who knows your journey, who walks by your side, is a most precious gift.

love to you gorgeous girl,
Liz

September 4, 2006 at 10:07:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her jewelry - her necklace really makes me feel like a superhero.

Congrats to Andrea - and we're praying for you here Boho!

LC

September 4, 2006 at 1:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

that is truly fabulous... i love that you spent this time together :)

only thing missing in this photo is the undies worn on the outside, that would have been the total superhero deal.

loving that you are sharing this journey together... isn't it amazing the connections we make? i remember when i sent you the link to andrea's blog all that time ago, and i remember you mentioning bek on your blog... and here we are, a little further down the track, circling with these women on the same weekend, connections made from across the world. how divinely guided and serendipitous is that?

love,
Leonie

p.s. if i was in the same state, or even the same country, i'd be hitchhiking my way to giggle with you long ago :)

September 4, 2006 at 5:26:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic.
I actually found *you* through SuperHERO... via Ali Edwards.
**my scrapping HERo**
I didnt realise Leonie had sent you SH too... so there you go.
Life sure is amazing.
And I am glad you are getting *exactly* what you need write now.
You are asking... and the universe is providing.
***keep it up sister***
And just remember ~we are all in this together~
This L I F E.
Much love
Bx

September 4, 2006 at 6:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

what a blessing - i 'm glad to hear you two had a beautiful time bonding and being superheros together (and i just read her post about the dolphins - how amazing is that?). i love you monkey - I'm wearing my *Boho* superhero necklace right now :-) xx

September 5, 2006 at 1:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

What a terrific picture!

Your visit and connection sound so perfectly beautiful and strong.

I am so happy you got to spend time together.

Love and kisses to you sweetness.

September 5, 2006 at 9:25:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home