<

Thursday, October 19

ready for the messy


pastel on paper, by boho

I reconnected with my pastels today. I have been so focused on my jewelry and the organizational bits of getting my store open that I have neglected my messy chalk companions. Today I set up a space downstairs near our window up top our breakfast nook. I am not neat with these marvelous sticks of pigment. I allow them to lay stacked on one another inside a box for days.

I poured them out and moved them along the surface of the table with my fingers. I smelled them. I felt my heart swell. I prepared a space for me to lose myself tomorrow. Candles will be lit. Music will be my company. Inspiration will be my guide.

I've been so consumed with my fertility journey this past year. I've been so incredibly focused on getting my new website up and running and solidifying the products I want launched in the beginning. I haven't felt that yearning to just stop all the noise around me and create for no other reason but to just create. That passionate abandon to get messy and spill. I have felt a bit blocked in some ways.

Well, something shifted today. I spilled my emotions, my fears, my vulnerable bits with a dear friend. We collectively helped peel away those layers that were causing some blocks and inspired one another. I feel a lightness, a peace. Images are swooning around me. My fingers are ready to be smothered in colors and make them come to life.

I am open and ready for the messy.

20 Comments:

Blogger SquareTraveler said...

Thank you for your comment on my site. I looked at your profile and we seem to share at least one commonality in every category, so I checked out your blog and I love everything I see here. The glaring difference between you and me is that you and your family give every impression of being true Bohemians, whereas I am just a frustrated small town boy from Iowa.... with a tendency to ramble.

Again, I love your blog and will visit again. Take care.

October 20, 2006 at 3:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

That is wonderful darling.

I love this piece and cannot wait to see more of your beautiful creations.

XOXOXO

October 20, 2006 at 4:38:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am so glad you are ready for the messy. that is fabulous - and the pastel drawing is so beautiful.

October 20, 2006 at 5:20:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your picture! It reminds me of one of my favourite pieces by Klimt:
http://www.artchive.com/artchive/k/klimt/klimt_hope1.jpg

October 20, 2006 at 5:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Shaz said...

Im in awe of your messy :)

October 20, 2006 at 7:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Georgia said...

Good for you:)

Loos like we will be messy together today then. I also prepared last night so that today I can get my paint on :)

xoxo

Georgia

October 20, 2006 at 11:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

I am ready to get messy with you sister :) :) :)

I am too excited for your store to open...you just may need my help to keep up with it. Wouldn't that be fab!

I miss you
Paint the kitties to surprise their daddy when he gets home :)

love, smugs
xoxox d

October 20, 2006 at 12:20:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful pastel drawing....and a wonderful, peaceful place to be. Enjoy and embrace your creating. I am sure that it will be amazing.

xoxoxox

October 20, 2006 at 12:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Swirly said...

I can totally relate to the need to create simply for the sake of creating. I actually had to get myself into that space today and it was very fun and very messy!

October 20, 2006 at 3:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Alex S said...

You are one talented chickie! I look very forward to seeing your upcoming jewelery and this newest piece of art you posted is simply beautiful beautiful beautiful!

October 20, 2006 at 8:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Deb R said...

That's a beautiful drawing!

October 20, 2006 at 8:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

hurrah for the messy!
and i love the drawing...
beautifully serene.

October 21, 2006 at 11:01:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Had to come back and look at this again it is so beautiful.

October 21, 2006 at 3:26:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful piece deni. messy certainly agrees with you!

October 22, 2006 at 6:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Enemy of the Republic said...

Just found your blog on Amy's site. I think your messy is great. It seems like you are multi-talented.

October 23, 2006 at 5:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

so very beautiful. your words...this image...my heart feels lifted.

love,
liz

October 23, 2006 at 11:35:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so great that you got to work with pastels. and more on the store... when is the big day?

October 24, 2006 at 11:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Drea said...

beautiful pastels
I love it.

October 25, 2006 at 12:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Ruchi Bhatia said...

i m instantly in luv with your creativity .....

is it your ability to put vibes even in a blog or my natural tendency to luv all those appealing objects/subjects/thoughts ...??

my interpretation of
i am ready for messy ....

u are ready for motherhood ??

pls illuminate me .....

a regular visitor to ur blog !!!!

lots a luv..
take care...

October 31, 2006 at 7:30:00 PM PST  
Blogger Monica said...

I wish I could draw. You're a wonderful artist...love that picture.

November 1, 2006 at 11:07:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home