<

Monday, October 9

stretch


my niece angela, canon digital rebel xt

I had an amazing time with my kindred all weekend. There was a magical energy flowing around our home and I definitely feel her absence as I write this. Our kitty Amber is wandering around with a pout, already missing her cuddles and smell. She slept all day in the spot where Angela laid down each night to dream her sweet dreams.

I love how the age between her and I feels less apart with each year and that a deep friendship is being nurtured. It's very easy to be together, to get each other, to ease into our moods and feel safe with one another. Her presence was a delightful diversion from the overwhelm I have been feeling in regards to shifts taking place within my business.

Speaking of... I am feeling the need to take a bit of a blog break. Perhaps just a few weeks as I prepare for the opening of my store early November. There is much to do. I find that I get easily distracted and lost within the beautiful world that is our sharings, so I will have to force myself to stay focused on my tasks at hand.

You know how it feels good to lay in your bed when you wake up in the morning and stretch all of your leg, arm, stomach and neck muscles? I need to take time to stretch my creative muscles in regards to my gig. Stretch my jewelry ideas, my pastels, my bravery and my belief that it is indeed truly happening. My dream. It's just around the corner.

So, while I may not be able to read your blogs as much as I'd like or do a post every day, know that you are all in my heart. You have all become an integral part of this journey for me.

It is time for me to stretch myself and reach for this dream.

15 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

you do what you need to do, my love. your store is going to be amazing, and i can't wait to put my first order in :-). this photo of A is gorgeous by the way... truly kindreds xx

October 9, 2006 at 2:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I have so enjoyed hearing about A and seeing all these gorgeous photos.Your connection is palpable in these posts.

Your break sounds like an important stretching time my darling.

I will be here no matter how long your break, cheering you on and excited to see some beauty made by you.

Loving you
XOXO

October 9, 2006 at 5:06:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, do what you need to do. stretching is necessary sometimes (and feels good, too). i can't wait until november!

October 9, 2006 at 7:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

lil sis ~ you will be missed by many. Especially me...it is just one of our many connections, but an almost daily peek into what is exciting and interesting you for that day.

To all of the bloggie friends that we share...I will be honored to pass along any love words from you to her, gladly.

Have a wonderful break, my heart. I anticipate a glorious opening come November...What a bash that will be :) Yeah!!!!!!!!!

SMUGS ~ big sis ~ Darlene

October 9, 2006 at 8:27:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go forth and create beauty! I am looking forward to the opening of your store and the many treats that you will include in it :-)May the sun shine on you!

October 9, 2006 at 9:12:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy this time. We will miss you, but I know we can't wait to see all of the magical creations you will come up with!

October 9, 2006 at 10:59:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only recently stumbled upon your blog, but already you inspire me in many ways. Please don't be gone too long, I need lots of inspiration! Very excited to see your store...

October 9, 2006 at 12:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger claireylove said...

enjoy your stretch (i'm imagining a the long fluffy stretch of my jimicat in his spot of sun) i'm sure your store will be just amazing :-)

p.s. how gorgeous is that picture of angela? all doe eyed - what a wonderful muse for you! i can see gorgeous mommy and auntie in her, in different ways...

October 9, 2006 at 12:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Shel said...

i have stumbled upon your blog accidentally, and i am in mad love with it. your photography is gorgeous and the set of your niece just blew me away.

thank you for letting us see things through your eyes!

October 9, 2006 at 1:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

those are beautiful beautiful beautiful photos of angela... i so love getting together with our womenfolk and capturing their essence on film... it touches souls :)

i was just thinking about your big dream darlin, and wondering when it would be birthed, so it is with such joy to read you are taking time for you and this beautiful dream of yours...

i can just see those beautiful photos of angela modelling your glorious jewellery art already!

love light and courage ~~~
leonie
xoxoxoxoxoxo

October 9, 2006 at 4:42:00 PM PDT  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

Yes!Hope YOU stock lots and lots of goodies, I know it all will be EYE CANDY!!! Angela is BEAUTY FULL!!! Her eyes could melt the world!!! lol Go ahead and stretch, that's what I 've been thinking I should do too! xoxooxx Seeeeee you on the flip side!

October 9, 2006 at 9:12:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go for it sister.... and enjoy.
Bx

October 10, 2006 at 3:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

good luck with your stretching...and your journey. you will be missed! but we'll all be waiting.

xo

October 10, 2006 at 11:05:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh no! not a break. can't wait to see/learn more about your amazing store! hurrah!

October 10, 2006 at 1:43:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just came across this, so if you say your taking a break, I say go for it. Give me time to read back and catch up.... :-)

and for the record though I'm sure you've heard it many a time...you and your neice.....HOT.HOT,HOT!!!

October 12, 2006 at 7:01:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home