<

Tuesday, October 31

a woman's touch


anthropologie dress, canon digital rebel xt

I woke up this morning and stretched my arms and legs wide across the bed with a huge smile on my face. While getting up and walking towards the kitchen to search for my chamomile tea, I felt like I was floating. Now I am up in my loft with the song "Wedding Day" by Rosie Thomas playing loudly around me. The song holds such significance for me today. It is about a woman who empowers herself to leave a painful situation and go on a roadtrip with her girlfriends. She speaks about driving with the wind blowing in her hair, with no destination..."I'm gonna drive thru the hills, put my hands out the window and sing 'til I run out of breath". She calls the song "Wedding Day" because this trip represents a commitment she is making to love, nurture and take care of herself from that day forward. "I'm gonna fall asleep in the back seat with no one around but me and my friends...".

When I first heard this song, I posted months ago about how it sent me dancing around in my loft remembering the time I left an unhealthy relationship, packed all my belongings in my convertible Tracker, moved to a cottage in Berkeley and started a new life.

Today, years later, this song holds a different meaning for me...

The past few years have been the most beautiful and also the most painful years of my life. Beautiful because I married an extraordinary man that I am terribly in love with, who is my best friend, lover, partner in crime and creative companion. Our marriage is deep, wide and healthy. There has also been great pain because we're so much in love that we want to conceive a child through this connection we are blessed with. We want what we share in this home to grow and be nurtured through little creations of our love. Those of you who have been reading for some time, know this journey of ours and also know that we are now on a wonderful path with an amazing doctor ("McMiracle" as Brittany named him) to achieve this.

In a few days, I am going on a trip to be with some inspiring, beautiful, creative, spirited, motivated and soulful women. This past year, we have all gravitated towards one another because each of us have dealt with some sort of grief recently. The death of a lover, mother, father, grandmother and the inability to have a child. Through comments, emails and phone calls, we have helped one another rise above the pain, spread our wings and focus on the beauty in our lives. We are now on a mission to transform our creativity into something HUGE for our futures and that circling together will empower us to dive in:

Letha
Susannah
Thea
Liz
Michelle
Meg

Each of us coming from all across the globe to gather and make commitments to Self. Then we will celebrate with laughter, tears, dancing, eating, drinking, creating, snuggling and singing at the top of our lungs!

On a side note: I want to thank all of you who have been patiently waiting for my online store. When I return 1.5 weeks from now, it will be OPEN!! Can you believe it?!?

So, until then, I will be letting the wind blow through my hair with these girlfriends by my side because there is nothing that compares to the soulful touch of a woman.

Those of you who have yet to hear the song I speak of, you can listen to it by clicking: Wedding Day. Promise me you'll roll down your windows and sing at the top of your lungs while I'm away.

32 Comments:

Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Monkey, when i see your beautiful face i won't know whether to laugh or cry... and then we will on the floor in a heap of cuddles and kisses :-) i CAN'T WAIT! xox

October 31, 2006 at 10:37:00 AM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I am speachless.

I can't put into words how much I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful face in person.

To hug and snuggle with you while we share laughter, food, drink, singing, more laughter, messy art creating, frienships and more.

It seems silly but I can't wait to brush my teeth at night and glance over to see all of your sweet faces and hear the melodic sound of your voices. I am crying just thinking about it.

Love you darling
XOXOXO

October 31, 2006 at 11:41:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i can't wait to hear all about your treasured adventures with these lovelies!

October 31, 2006 at 11:49:00 AM PST  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I'm so happy and excited for all of you. Meeting some of my bloggie sisters in September was a sweet highlight in a difficult year, a gift from the heavens. Have a wonderful time. Dance and sing and drink good wine.

October 31, 2006 at 12:17:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you made that song a part of my life so many months ago, and reading this post made me so sad that I won't be there to hug you. I will be there in spirit. lots of love.

October 31, 2006 at 12:50:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you beautiful ladies!!!! I can feel the excitement coming from all of you and as I have already told you a million times...I wish you the best trip!!! I am sure that it will be everything that you are looking forward to and more! HURRAH!!!!!!!!

xoxoxoxox

October 31, 2006 at 1:25:00 PM PST  
Blogger meghan said...

funny thing - I have been listening to that song off and on all week thinking of cuddling and soaring with all of you. Sweet friend, I will see you soooooon!!!

xoxoxo

October 31, 2006 at 1:29:00 PM PST  
Blogger Goddess Leonie * GoddessGuidebook.com said...

oh that is BEAUTIFUL!

have a wonderous time with your womens tribe, gathering from around the globe...

blessings to you ~~~ and open up wide to all that love!

love and light
xoxoxo
leonie

October 31, 2006 at 2:37:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oiw... sounds like a womens circle to me Deni.
Fantastic.
Fabulous.
Fruitful....
What a wonderful experience you will all have with a group of amazing and beautiful women souls circling.
There is nothing better *smile*
((hugs))
Bx

October 31, 2006 at 2:43:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oiw... and other excitement to share. All of yours is rather infectious *grin*
I spoke with your darling sis last night.
Mikaela and I.
I had a teary just speaking with her.
So I can tell you will all have a HUGE giggle and bawling fest when you all meet (in person, together)... its such a powerful connection.
I can feel the energy and excitement from you all... and I am so happy for you all to be joining.
Annnnnnddd....I am having a womens weekend away in just TWO MORE sleeps also!! Wowsers.
((hugs))
Bx

October 31, 2006 at 2:50:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

everyone on that list has inspired me in one way or another..i cannot imagine the magic that is going to manifest this weekend..have a beautiful time!

October 31, 2006 at 6:46:00 PM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

ooo, you guys better post some juicy posts with lots of pictures.

How incredibly fun and healing...

October 31, 2006 at 7:15:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just so excited for you wonderful, magical women. I can't wait to hear how the weekend goes, but I'm praying that it will be as wonderful and soul nurturing as I expect it to be. I recently got to spend a weekend with a precious blog friend - and it was one of the best weekends of my entire life. A golden two and a half days. So I wish the same for all of you lovely, crazy girls!

October 31, 2006 at 7:37:00 PM PST  
Blogger Georgia said...

Wow, you are all going to have the BEST time!!! I cannot wait to read all about it.

Be safe and have a GREAT GREAT GREAT time with your clan :)

love to you,
Georgia

October 31, 2006 at 8:38:00 PM PST  
Blogger kelly rae said...

i love reading the comments of those going, especially thea's brushing teeth comment. you all have such a kindredness about you. and that is undeniably special. enjoy every moment together!

October 31, 2006 at 11:28:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay!

November 1, 2006 at 5:17:00 AM PST  
Blogger Claire said...

What a beautiful post! I hope you girls have a brilliant time!

Cxx

November 1, 2006 at 8:02:00 AM PST  
Blogger Darlene said...

Have a wonderful time :)
Come back and fill us in on the most glorious moments.

I'll miss you Den
xxx d

November 1, 2006 at 9:19:00 AM PST  
Blogger turquoise cro said...

DANCE a dance for me! Woooo Hoooo! That's the BEST news I've heard in a while!!! LOL Have FUN Boho gal, I know you will because of all who is going!!! GODSPEED! and take lots of Pics! xooxoox ((((Thea, Letha, Meg, Denise, Susannah, Michelle, Liz))))Have a WoWieeeeeeeee! November time!

November 1, 2006 at 10:56:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for all of you! Enjoy, and can't wait to hear all about it. :)

November 1, 2006 at 3:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger paris parfait said...

You'll all going to have such a wonderful time! Take lots of photos and share a little of the fun with us, please. :)

November 1, 2006 at 3:09:00 PM PST  
Blogger Maggie May said...

That Rosie Thomas song defines my life at this very moment. And I just finished a shopping spree at Anthropologie in Philadelphia (their flagship store). Obviously my pocket book is quite a bit lighter...but my heart is very happy :)

November 1, 2006 at 8:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger gkgirl said...

have a fantastic time!!!
and that dress...
sigh,
that dress is divine
(and i never use the word divine)
teehee
:)

November 2, 2006 at 4:41:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

boho -

thank you for all the love and words of support that you spilled across the screen at me. i really appreciated it, and i will miss you when you're gone.

November 2, 2006 at 5:27:00 AM PST  
Blogger nina beana said...

sounds like just about the best freakin' thing happening...i'm so happy for all of your amazing women. can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

xo

November 2, 2006 at 10:55:00 AM PST  
Blogger Trish Ryan said...

Thanks for the great post and the gorgeous picture. I've travelled a similar path and wonder if God has children for my husband and I. I don't know that I have any profound encouragement to add to the conversation, but it is nice to be in a life I love while wondering if more will be added. I guess that's a pretty good dilemma to have :)

November 2, 2006 at 1:20:00 PM PST  
Blogger rdl said...

Sounds great, have a wonderful trip. wish i was going on one too. like what i see, will be back for more.

November 2, 2006 at 2:55:00 PM PST  
Blogger mint and orange said...

hope the ladies are having fun! best idea ever... more of us should get together! by the way, absolutely LOVE the Wedding Song. thanks for sharing!

November 3, 2006 at 5:57:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo!

Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to read all of the stories you all come back with.

kisses!
e

November 3, 2006 at 8:11:00 PM PST  
Blogger Writer Bug said...

Have a great time! It sounds like an amazing group of women. Good luck!

November 5, 2006 at 7:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger gerry rosser said...

Hope you don't mind a comment from a stranger.
I love Rosie Thomas's music. Some of her work is so heartbreaking to listen to, Like "Bicycle, Tricycle", "Farewell", and others.

My life-partner's daughter (and her husband) went through a difficult process having a child, and with the help of a great doctor (a woman) had a little girl we all call the "miracle" child. She is a wonder, a joy, and beautiful. I never had children, and she fills a void I never knew was there.

All the best.

November 6, 2006 at 7:03:00 AM PST  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

WOMEN MUST GATHER. Yipppppeeeeee!!! for you and the girls! I send you thousands of feet of connective conduit...

xoxoxo p

November 9, 2006 at 6:16:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home