<

Monday, December 4

self portrait challenge ~ red


self portrait, canon digital rebel xt
(click image for larger view)

The first word that pops into my head when hearing or seeing the color red is "passion".

This week I want to spend time clarifying what it is in this life that I am truly passionate about. When I say clarify, I mean actually write it down and then create a vision board full of my passions, my dreams that I want to nurture and make a reality. If some of my dreams already are a reality then I want to help them evolve into something even greater.

With all this talk about being still, slowing down and paying closer attention to the lessons in my life, I want to use this gentle time with myself to hone in on the vision I hold for my future.

So many of us walk through our life saying "I am passionate about this, I am passionate about that..." but do we pay attention to whether or not those things are happening or being nurtured within us? If we woke up each morning to a vision board hanging on our walls that had all of our hopes and dreams exhibited, we couldn't avoid our dreams, now could we?

Looking back on my life, whenever I have written a dream down, set my mind to it, put the intention out there, prayed about it, it has come to fruition. Perhaps I am afraid to do a vision board because I know how powerful those intentions can be. The whole "be careful what you wish for" dilemma.

It is a bit scary but I am going to make an effort to do this over the next few days. I've been putting it off for too long. I was talking with my dear friend about doing this with her and holding one another accountable. If you are inspired to do one as well, I would also encourage you to team up with a buddy so it feels less daunting.

What do I desire for my relationships, my business, my home, my creativity, my health, my spirituality? Where do I want them to be next week, in a few years and so on?

What do you envision for your life?

Time to tear up some pages, pull down the art supplies and figure out these passions of mine.

Find other SPC'ers in red here.

update: talk about manifesting dreams. for the past month i have been envisioning the perfect striped thigh high socks to wear this winter with my wool anthropologie dress and haven't been able to find them. today i received a package in the mail from my sweet friend Jen of three pairs of socks (two striped) and they are just what i imagined. she had no idea. i am in shock, folks. it really works! thank you Jen.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's funny but I have been putting off doing my "dream board" and I am not quite sure why. I wondered to myself if I really had any dreams as I couldn't think of any... how could I grow up without dreams? Did I have them but they were just squashed by other people's dreams? Was dreaming just silly after all?
For me to do my dream board, I have to go way back to that little girl inside me and recover the dreams I know I had at one time...
Thank you for posting about this...

December 4, 2006 at 4:40:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, i love the idea of a visions board. thank you for sharing this, lovely one! love to you...

December 4, 2006 at 5:03:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If some of my dreams already are a reality then I want to help them evolve into something even greater.


Nicely said.

December 4, 2006 at 6:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger Deirdre said...

Good idea. I've done something like this in the past, and while not all my dreams came true, it gave me clarity and focus. And occasional magic.

December 4, 2006 at 8:10:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HURRAH....they finally made their way to your doorstep!

I love this idea of creating a board. Not only do you think through your dreams and actually place names to them, but you become accountable. I do hope that you and T are extremely successful in coaching each other through this excercise...I am quite positive you will be.

I resonated with this, although, in all honesty, I am no where near actually placing a definitive name to my dreams and passions, as I am still discovering what they might be.

As always, you are more than inspiring my sweet friend.

xoxoxox

December 4, 2006 at 8:28:00 PM PST  
Blogger hollibobolli said...

That's a great idea.. I honestly might try it. Love the hat.

December 4, 2006 at 10:33:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So strange, that you takl exactly about the subject that is in me those times... I have written a lot about it im by blog too, those last days. But.. I write in french !!! So strange how two people that have never met, that live so far away one of the other, can have the same questionings at the same time, don't you think so ?
I am leaving for a short week, but I will come to read you again as soon as I will be back...
Lady

December 5, 2006 at 12:03:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

jen's a good egg, for sure. you guys must be cybersisters.

this picture of you is soft and beautiful.

December 5, 2006 at 7:16:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you ever share pictures of your vision boards or are they too personal for the website? I've never done one before, and I'm not really sure I have anything to be passionate about. I'm hoping with some guidance, and a chance to just start one, ideas and thoughts and dreams will flow.

December 5, 2006 at 7:46:00 AM PST  
Blogger Deb R said...

Lovely post and beautiful portrait!

December 5, 2006 at 11:15:00 AM PST  
Blogger bronxbt said...

well, crap.... i've been wanting and dreaming of a pony for over 15 years and i've got bupkis.

you saying i should stick with socks?

giggle

B

December 5, 2006 at 2:06:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How funny is Broxbt??? Damn, his comments always make me kak !!

So how exciting is that sweets??
Whoo hooo to the gorgeous Jen and your new socks.

I totally agree with the manifesting of dreams and desires. It totally happens for us.

"we are today were our thoughts brought us.... we will be tomorrow where our thoughts take us"

Have fun with your dreamboard love! They are most powerful.

((hugs)) and love
Bx

December 5, 2006 at 4:23:00 PM PST  
Blogger pinkcoyote said...

dearest boho,

i am mostly speechless when i come here-i don't want to lurk without letting you know that i see you and know that you are beautiful. xoxo p

December 5, 2006 at 11:28:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when synchronisity happens. It sounds like you are diving right in and letting flow happen. May all your dreams come true and thank you for inspiring me!

December 6, 2006 at 11:29:00 AM PST  
Blogger JC said...

Nice post and I love the hat!

December 6, 2006 at 3:24:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just did my own vision board a few nights ago and it was really a great kick in the pants after some initial inertia with my dreams had started to die down a bit. Great tip--many libraries discard their older magazines for free. I scored several "Real Simple" back issues from last year that had great words like "soul" for me to paste on my vision board!

xo,
Kate
(selftaughtgirl)

December 6, 2006 at 9:17:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely red hat and great idea!

December 7, 2006 at 9:25:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home