<

Thursday, February 15

the girly show


Swirly & Outi, canon digital rebel xt


Penelope & Colin, canon digital rebel xt


Mati Rose & Hugh, canon digital rebel xt


Swirly & Kelly Rae, canon digital rebel xt


Mati & Penny, canon digital rebel xt


Marisa of Creative Thursday, canon digital rebel xt


Kelly Rae & her yummy flowers, canon digital rebel xt


the energy of the evening, canon digital rebel xt

It has taken me a few days to come down from the high of being with the girls at the Girly Show. It reminds me of how I felt as a child coming home from Summer camp when all I wanted to do was reminisce through all my pictures and pick up a pen and paper to write all of the new friends I had just made. Remember those days? Well, fast forward 15 years and I am still that giddy young girl.

Walking into the gallery, before the rush of people arrived, I felt this overwhelming sense of energy and good vibrations. The gallery itself was funky with its colors and architecture and then to see the gorgeous art hanging all around was almost too much lusciousness to handle!

We all agreed how amazing it was that their art together had a seamless flow about it. The palettes, the themes, the compositions, the emotions, all resonated with one another so it wasn't an awkward transition from one wall to the next. Being in the midst of so much talent left me breathless at times as I witnessed pieces of their souls painted on canvas.

I've corresponded with a few of these women for quite a while but this was my first time meeting them all as a whole. Each of them are fantastic, beautiful, unique, outrageously loving and kind. I just wanted to wrap them up and take them home with me! I was lucky enough to catch each of them before the rush, so that I could connect with them and their significant others on a deeper level.

It was a challenge at first to tear myself away from them and hide behind the lens to capture their evening but once the admiring crowds arrived, it was natural for me to retreat and observe. I was so grateful for this opportunity to work with them.

It's difficult to find the words to describe the next four hours of bliss. So, I will leave you with a link to my online album where you can capture the mood and feel as though you were there if you didn't get the chance to go.

The Girly Show ~ Online Album

18 Comments:

Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

alleluia!
wow...that was a great ride.
thanks for sharing

February 15, 2007 at 1:16:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These photos are lovely honey...you indeed capture the spirit and vibes of the event...thank you so much for sharing your experience and your photos!!!!!!!

love you
xoxo

February 15, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM PST  
Blogger Angela Marie said...

It looks like it was a great night!
So much talent in that room!! Including you sweetie... wonderful pictures!:)

OxO

February 15, 2007 at 2:13:00 PM PST  
Blogger kelly rae said...

thank you for being there, densise. for capturing the magic, the spirit of all of our connectedness. it was such a great nice, and you being there was like icing on the cake. pure joy!

February 15, 2007 at 3:41:00 PM PST  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

everything about the show - the paintings, the girls, the photos - are just fabulous. you did such a good job baby (and it goes without saying that the art work was incredible - i'd have loved to have been there) xo

February 15, 2007 at 4:49:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a wonderful job capturing the energy and images of what looks like a fantastic show. I literally felt like I was there. Great work Denise!!

teresa
xo

February 15, 2007 at 5:42:00 PM PST  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

Oh! I'd have loved to have been there too! Sounds wonderful. Love all of you and your beautiful Art! x

February 15, 2007 at 6:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger cherry girl said...

Wow! It sounds like you had alot of fun and the show looked amazing from your photos, the artwork is beautiful and is inspiring me to pick up my paint brushes! Thanks for sharing

February 16, 2007 at 2:12:00 AM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Darling,
What amazing pictures in such a challenging situation for photographs (lighting wise). Even though the lighting was focused on the art-leaving a lot of dark areas you managed to make it work beautifully.

Your talent is such a gift.

I am thrilled you got to experience that night and in turn let us experience it through your photos.

The work looks luscious.

Love you baby.
toe to toe

February 16, 2007 at 4:26:00 AM PST  
Blogger meghan said...

wow - what a perfect connection of those women, that artwork and your talent at capturing it - stunning.

Thank you for sharing that with us, it would have been an empowering place to be!

xo

February 16, 2007 at 5:52:00 AM PST  
Blogger Amanda said...

How lucky to be a part of such amazing energy!

February 16, 2007 at 6:32:00 AM PST  
Blogger Letha Sandison said...

It looks like it was an amazing night!! You did a great job with the photos but I knew you would!! The first of many similar successes for you I am sure.

Wish I could have been there.
OXOXO

February 16, 2007 at 11:13:00 AM PST  
Blogger Stacy said...

Gorgeous girlies photographed by a gorgeous girly!

Excellent job caturing the spirit of the evening.

xoxo

February 16, 2007 at 11:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger mati rose said...

that's exactly the feeling of leaving summer camp! you nailed it! you are the most fabulous boho!
thank you for being at the show and being part of the magic (and capturing it for us to look at continually!)
love,
mati

February 16, 2007 at 4:01:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. looks like such fun, and such fine energy coming together!

February 16, 2007 at 6:21:00 PM PST  
Blogger bronxbt said...

i am constantly amazed at the rane of emotion you are able to capture through your lens!

*jealous twinge*

of course, i've also noticed that you seem to know only gorgeous smiley people.

giggle

B

February 16, 2007 at 7:12:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like it was a wonderful opening! I am so sad I didn't hear about it in time. It would have been great to go!

Gorgeous pictures girlie! You have such an amazing eye... ;)
e

February 17, 2007 at 1:21:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I wish I was there! It looks like everyone had a great time. And the artwork is terrific!

February 21, 2007 at 4:53:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home