<

Saturday, February 10

a schmoopfest


schmoopy, canon digital rebel xt

Yesterday I met Schmoopy at one of my favorite coffee houses by the sea. We've been corresponding for quite some time about our journey's to conceive. This was our first time meeting face to face and truly...it sort of felt like a blind date. When I first walked in and pranced up the stairs to where she was sitting in the corner of the coffee house, we both giggled with nervousness and sort of stumbled a bit with giddy words for the first few minutes. Then we joked about the blind date feeling. That definitely broke the ice and it began to feel like home...safe in the arms of the wonderful woman I've been sharing such raw emotions with.

After our java & tea, Schmoops and I went to our very first in person psychic reading. This woman was in the most adorable cottage filled with antiques and richly colored walls. When she opened up her barn door red fence, I could smell the essence of incense burning. Her long curly hair covered her flowy pheasant blouse as she waved us both into her magical home. Schmoops waited in the coolest waiting room ever, while I went in first...then she went in 30 minutes after me.

I won't share details yet except that I felt completely at ease and at peace with this psychic. She was very soothing and nurturing. Everything she said felt like a confirmation to what I've already been feeling is going to happen to me in regards to family, marriage and career. Nothing felt off, odd, fearful or uncomfortable. I hardly said a word and she already knew so much about me. She was spot on about the dynamics of my marriage and how we are bringing a baby into this world soon (organically) and how our lives will be full of creativity as a family. I left feeling so much lighter, energetic and alive. Schmoops had a similar experience and the first thing we said as we left the cottage was..."that was wild...lets get a drink!" So we did. We sat up at the bar and shared our magical stories over wine, tears, laughter and awe.

One of Schmoopy's readers of her blog that is also on this fertility journey said it well. "We are all part of a club that we don't really want to be a part of". Although, last night, as we were sipping our wine and we were spilling our roller coaster of emotions about this journey, we felt totally understood and grateful for these connections. Yes, the reason we are all brought together sucks but at the same time, I would have never ever connected with the amazing women that have come into my life as a result of it all. Because really, with each of these women, it is not only the fertility stuff that connects us. That just happens to be the cosmic pull in the beginning.

Later today I am going to the GIRLY SHOW to take some photographs of these amazing, talented, soulful, gorgeous, fabulous women. If you are in Los Angeles...do stop by and show them some love!!

p.s. Thank you, Dancing Mermaid for the tip on the lovely psychic!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved reading about the connection you made. Even though circumstances are not always pleasant or wished for to begin with, bad turns in to wonderfully good most of the time. I believe every bit of life is a lesson and the hardest ones can only result in magic.

I wish I was in Los Angeles, looks like it is going to be a wonderful girly show! Have fun!

Sending you some love,

XOXO Sophie

February 10, 2007 at 2:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger Georgia said...

Lucky you to be going to the Girly Show!!! I have been oogling that for a bit now... I want to go so badly... but I would have to be a bit closer than a 7 hour drive to get there.... Ah well :)

xoxo
Georgia

February 10, 2007 at 3:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh darling what a wonderful blind date that turned out to be.

The psychic sounds wonderful. I felt all warm and happy reading about it. Delightful.

The connection you two felt is so special. I am glad you live close to eachother-enough to meet for tea/drinks and some psychic fun.

Now that would be my dream to live near enough to meet up for a coffee date.

Can't wait to see photos of tonight-the one above is beautiful.

Love you honey
toe to toe

February 10, 2007 at 5:44:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a truly MAGICAL day you had honey!!!!! This make me smile, inside and out. A wonderful "first date" with connection beyond description and a safe and insightful visit to the physic....warm and fabulous.

I hope that you had a GREAT time at the Girly Show and I can not wait to see the pictures.

Love you,
J
xoxoxoxo

February 10, 2007 at 7:36:00 PM PST  
Blogger Maryam in Marrakesh said...

This is my first time on your blog. I clicked over from Novel Nymph. Your photos are *amazing* and the one you took of your friend so beautiful.

I love psychics. That would have been a perfect day:-)

February 10, 2007 at 8:53:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie...
your blog is so inspiring...so much of what you are doing is so vital..so vibrant..so inspiring
I miss connections as they used to be..
the psychic sounds like one up the coast...attached to a wonderful vintage shop ???
if it's the same one, I met her briefly last september .. but she didn't have any openings for me..but we "connected" anyway
all good things, all ways, always

February 10, 2007 at 10:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger Stacy said...

A blind date that was set up by the cosmos. ; )

I can still hear your sweet voice sharing your stories with me and the feelings we both experienced after seeing the psychic.

Thank you for a magical day and for teaching me to say 'Thank you' for everything that happens along the journey. I am grateful.

Can't wait to see photos of Girly Show!

February 11, 2007 at 9:14:00 AM PST  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

ohhhhhhhhhh! you have to tell me all about the girly show! i love them all. i can't wait for the pictures!

k

February 12, 2007 at 6:40:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photos from the girly show look terrific and I can't wait to see your shots as well as hear your account of the evening. How great that you were able to be there and support these fantastic artists/friends.

February 14, 2007 at 4:05:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home