<

Tuesday, March 6

self portrait challenge ~ online tools {1}


self portrait, canon digital rebel xt & movie poster by Flickr
~ click for larger view~

Okay, I had way too much fun with this month's new self portrait challenge using online tools. ; )

It felt so good to take a bit of time off from transforming my studio space and create online again. After I purged and cleaned my studio up in our loft, which took far longer than anticipated, we finally painted this weekend. The walls are a soothing sage color. The energy in the room has altered to something a bit more zen, more free, more creative, more whimsical. As soon as we put my new desk together and I started redecorating, I've received a few more orders and a cool portrait session. I had a feeling once my studio space emulated the peace I feel inside, that goodness would start to unfold for my business.

I want to thank each of you for your love and support this past weekend. I needed some time to hush and just be with all my emotions. I felt you all circling around me, lifting me up. I have felt that for quite some time. I know many of you have expressed that you feel you are on this journey with me as you watch each cycle unfold. I believe so strongly in the power of circling together. When our baby does come, just know you will be part of the miracle through your words, your prayers, your intentions, your visions, your dreams and your offerings. I walk this journey more firmly because of your reminders. Please know I am grateful beyond words.

I went to yoga today for the first time in far too long. I plan to go at least three days a week now. I think I've been avoiding it because as much as I feel so fabulous afterwards, during the class I usually break out into tears at least once. Some of the poses really open my heart chakra and I feel a flood of emotions. I am making a choice to not be afraid of this opening...because it is what I need to move forward, to grow, to accept, to learn on this journey. We as human beings all need to allow this openness, this transformation within us.

I am reminded of my first appointment with my acupuncturist when she gently rested her hand on my chest and said "You have opened up your heart to your husband and now you need to open it up to your baby." Tears flowed down my cheeks when she said this. I felt a release there or perhaps it was more an awareness of the tightness I held in my heart and when I released it, the flood gates opened. This is what happens to me during yoga, every time.

23 Comments:

Blogger madelyn said...

The camel pose opens up my
heart and makes me overwhelmed
and emotional -
i love it however -
well, i have learned to love it -
it lets everything out beautifully!

The picture is fun and your
studio sounds so inspiring.

hugs:)

March 6, 2007 at 12:52:00 PM PST  
Blogger Vanessa said...

i heart your cheekbones and pouty feline connection :)
so glad you feel it all flowing...

March 6, 2007 at 1:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger luzie said...

Definitely a movie I'd like to see. I love your movie poster!

And I feel similarly about yoga. It has an intense effect on my emotionality.

March 6, 2007 at 1:35:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always have a rush of emotion during yoga and tears pour down my face....always when we chant om.

March 6, 2007 at 2:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hi love ~

I love what you did with the tools. I would love to see that movie! hee hee

I would love to see pics of your studio it sounds divine. And the business that has rolled in makes me shiver with excitement.

What you say about yoga-is very interesting to me. I have never cried but I do feel very good afterwards and am constantly feeling a pull to it-while at the same time find myself coming up with excuses.

I wonder if it could be me holding in some feelings.

So proud of you for going darling.

Love you
snuggles and smooches
toe to toe

March 6, 2007 at 2:32:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this film to be released. We are going to have one hell of a wrap party!

You are a STAR, baby!

xoxo

p.s. I am so with you on the yoga; I am getting a little better at the not crying. ; )

March 6, 2007 at 2:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger mames said...

i know you not but am touched by your current challenge for a child and send you waves of positive energy to move you forward in your journey...your honesty and sharing is beautiful, as are you.

March 6, 2007 at 4:11:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the movie poster! I started laughing and reading it out loud to myself..... my brother was like "What are you looking at??" It's so creative and fun. And yes, your cheekbones are insane. Great, beautiful picture, sweet boho girl.

Still thinking and praying for you... I hope yoga continues to touch your heart. As painful as it may feel, I'm sure there's a cleansing that happens every time.

March 6, 2007 at 4:18:00 PM PST  
Blogger Amanda said...

Your poster is so fun and so beautiful!

I think it's so brave of you to let your tears flow. Sending you lots of love and light on this journey.

Amanda

March 6, 2007 at 4:22:00 PM PST  
Blogger Deirdre said...

I took yoga classes for a while several years ago and cried through a good number of them. Massage used to make me cry as well. It was disconcerting until I realized what was happening. I'm glad you're going to continue with classes.

March 6, 2007 at 7:24:00 PM PST  
Blogger Intrepidflame said...

Many people, myself included, are lukewarm about this month’s challenge because it is a bit stifling to use the same tools as everyone else. But you have brought your creativity and originality to this challenge. Inspirational as always.

Great colors.

jabiz

March 6, 2007 at 11:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger me-nikk said...

yes, I've been known to break down in sobs during yoga as well. :) Usually at the end during meditation.

I use to go to church every now and again with my very Christian best friend. Sometimes I like it and think that it's nice even though I don't whole heartedly love Christian doctrine or the history. I don't go on my own ever because inevitably when I go, I break down in not only tears but the woooohooooos. You know, when you're crying so hard you can't breathe?

Oh the joy and utter embarrassment of sobbing in public. Wouldn't it be awonderful thing if more people felt freer and accepted to do such a thing?

March 7, 2007 at 7:30:00 AM PST  
Blogger Regina said...

So many beautiful and wonderful things happening in your life right now... thank you for sharing them with us. Cathartic experiences in yoga and massage imply a real sense of "getting it", as it were- that connection to your body and soul- that is so good, Boho Girl. It's all love inside...

March 7, 2007 at 8:02:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are so cool.
and i would so see that movie.

B

March 7, 2007 at 8:45:00 AM PST  
Blogger claireylove said...

Absolutely love it ~ can't wait to try one of my own!!! :-)

Sending you hugs

une autre feline ;-)
x x x

March 7, 2007 at 8:58:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, you are so talented! What an awesome movie poster. So beautiful.

March 7, 2007 at 10:56:00 AM PST  
Blogger Scott and Christie said...

I found you through my friends (graceopenheart) blawg and I think you are strong and beautiful, thank you for sharing yourself so bravely and being you. You touch me every time I visit.

Good job getting back to yoga, it was a gentle reminder to me to get back to my practice as well ~*

March 7, 2007 at 12:14:00 PM PST  
Blogger jenica said...

you are an absolute inspiration to me; motivating me to live a more candid, creative life. thank you for including all of us on your journeys. i think of you daily and all those little boho babies just waiting to make their ascent. you in some ways are so lucky to be able to refine yourself and your relationships before you jump into motherhood. you are already one of the best mothers i know.

March 7, 2007 at 1:33:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful photo of beautiful you :)

Sending you lots of hugs,

XO Sophie

March 7, 2007 at 1:40:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee...hee.... I'm so glad you finally posted. Your blog is one of a few that I visit often & I was anxiously waiting for your next post and alas...it's here :) I want you to know that through words, you transmit hope...love...dreams...tranquility...and you inspire creativity-at least to me :) Your ability to open your soul to others is admirable and brave.

Your Boho Baby will one day read these posts and be so happy that he/she was wanted so much and loved so long before he/she came into existence. God bless you and Hobo Hubby. You are two beautiful souls. xo glo

March 7, 2007 at 4:50:00 PM PST  
Blogger Daibh said...

Wow, Bee Gee! Great picture. At first, I didn't even see your cat in the shot. Nice meeting of the challenge!

March 7, 2007 at 6:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kristin said...

First and foremost, everytime I see a picture of you I am constantly struck by how stunningly beautiful you are! Photos seem to capture it well so I can only imagine what it might be like in your presence!

Secondly, I ♥ Yoga as well! Even if some poses are a bit of a challenge I always feel reconnected to my soul centered, and a bit wet-noodle like afterwards. Hah!

Namaste Sweet Boho!

Kristin

March 8, 2007 at 7:33:00 AM PST  
Blogger Admin said...

so adorable!

March 9, 2007 at 8:36:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home