<

Wednesday, April 18

dreams & master cleanse ~ day four


light within darkness, canon digital rebel xt (click for larger view)

One of my dreams is to do a photo shoot of a band. An even bigger dream would be that they use my photo for their album cover or the homepage of the band's website.

Letha has always thought these trees on a beach near her home in Seattle were cool. She knew I would love them for a photo. While we were walking across the grass towards the sand I immediately envisioned these trees on the cover of an album. I wanted it to be haunting, other~worldly and ethereal all at once. I looked over at her and realized she embodied the beautiful and mysterious goddess I would want to stand in the middle of this structure of trees. Her renaissance dress couldn't have been more perfect.

When I returned home from the trip and looked at this photo of her, I felt chills. The words "light within darkness" whispered into my soul. Letha is leaving for Uganda soon. Both her and her husband's desire with this move is to bring light to the people of Uganda using both of their talents. Her husband Taylor in the medical field and Letha with fashion and art. I know this is overwhelming to my dear friend and sometimes she feels like a lost girl in a Forrest. Although, I know her light will guide her to help build the community she envisions for the Ugandan women and their families.

I know this photo can also be interpreted as something haunting. Perhaps a screen shot from a horror film like "The Ring". I also had that in mind. This is what I love about photography. People will resonate with photos and portraits based on their own experiences.

Today is day four of the Master Cleanse and it has been the easiest yet. My stomach is getting used to only liquid and no food. I can sense that I am hungry less. Today I wasn't hungry until about 5pm...which is about when I typically start cooking for dinner. Heck...even our cat's wet food that we put out at this time smelled tempting! Although, as soon as I had a glass of the lemon drink, the hunger went away where as before, it didn't go away. I had more energy today and at times, felt a bit high or a sensation like I had a few classes of wine. Interesting.

Boho Boy is doing great. Today was tough for him though because they had a special lunch for the employees at his job. He had to suffer through a lot of tempting foods and watching people eat them. He came home bummed but is in better spirits after having a "shot" of maple syrup. He's dropping weight fast. I told him if he gets too skinny in a few days that he needs to drink more maple syrup. Why is it that men shed pounds so much easier? What gives us strength to stay on this cleanse is we know our bodies need it for various reasons.

Last night I slept like a baby again and had extremely long and vivid dreams. Two of them could have been cool films. I should really write this stuff down.

Thank you all for your encouragement and support on my previous posts. You seriously rock and wouldn't believe how much it helps me stay focused. I often think of those of you who will be doing this cleanse soon and it pushes me to also stick it out for you...; )

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this foto is amazing! u can feel such depth & dimension to it & i love the vignetting around the edges :) xoxo bradee

April 18, 2007 at 6:13:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh love this photo is absolutely fabulous. WOW!

I am so glad today was even easier for you. So exciting.

I love you talented beauty you.....

toe to toe
thea

April 18, 2007 at 7:04:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The photo is breath taking. Well done.

April 18, 2007 at 7:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristin said...

I love that you have the gift (ability( to capture not only the soul of your inspiration, but the suroundings as well. It couldn't have been written, painted, or captured any other way better than you did. I am continuously impressed by you. I wish you would make a picture book! I could get lost for hours daydreaming the stories of such amazinginess!

After all "pictures speak a thousand words" right? =)

April 18, 2007 at 8:09:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie! I seriously think this is one of the best photos you have taken. It is just beautiful!! I really enjoy looking at this. Oh my gosh, I love her dress, the whole outfit!! Great work Denise!!

Teresa

April 18, 2007 at 8:33:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture is just stunning. I have no words for it's beauty.

April 18, 2007 at 8:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

Babydoll~

Any band would be lucky to have you shoot their cd cover.

I LOVE the spooky, dreamy and yet ethereal mood you have captured here. Letha looks like some kind of rock goddess renaissance angel.

You are so freakin talented.

Glad you are feeling better today!

April 18, 2007 at 10:17:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS PHOTO!!!

If I an ever in a band again, you can shoot the cover :) It would be sooooo much better than my last album cover!!!

I am excited to start the cleanse *again*, this time the hubby will be doing it too.

xoxox

April 18, 2007 at 11:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and that last comment was me (Gerogia)

xoxo

April 18, 2007 at 11:16:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to read that you had a better day with the cleanse!

Your photography keeps blowing me away. Your one talented woman!

Love,

XOXO Sil

April 18, 2007 at 11:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Julia said...

Beautiful Photo.

Men lose weight faster because they have more muscles than women. Muscles burn energy, hence, why it's a good idea for women to try and exercise and keep up their muscle tone and volume.

April 19, 2007 at 1:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Vanessa said...

that photo is wonderful. I could picture it on the cover of a book too.

you're doing great on the cleanse. making me want to try it :)
Vx

April 19, 2007 at 1:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger nina beana said...

this is one of my favorites, too. guess i'm not alone :)

if i were a rockstar, i'd be all up in your business bugging you to shoot my cover, ok?

i'm curious about this master cleanse thing...would i still be able to have my 10 cups of coffee with cream and sugar? tee hee.

April 19, 2007 at 6:59:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Mindy said...

your strength and focus really are amazing...like building bridges for all of us to cross. xo, mindy

April 19, 2007 at 8:27:00 AM PDT  
Blogger daisies said...

shooting bands is so much fun !! i'm sure that you will have plenty to shoot in the future :)

i adore this photo and am glad the cleanse is going well ...

April 19, 2007 at 10:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Monkey, this photo is gorgeous! and i can so see you being the funky boho muso photographer - bells are ringing in my head as i think about it - DO IT :-) miss you - phone chat soon? like, tomorrow???? xo

April 19, 2007 at 12:03:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet you could take great band photos! Really! I was lucky enough to shoot some picts for a small band and they did use my shots for their CD and website! http://outofruin.com . I am looking forward to hearing about your CD cover shot!

April 19, 2007 at 12:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Wanda said...

I stand amazed, as the song says!!!


One of the most stunning photo ever. Look at it closely, and it can tell a million stories...!!!

Congratulations on your progress of your fast....I admire your dedication!

XOXO

April 19, 2007 at 1:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jaime said...

This photo is awesome. I love how it looks haunting, yet I don't feel scared when I look at it. Quite a dichotomy! : )

April 19, 2007 at 1:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger kelly barton art + design said...

what a haunting image. i love love love it!. oh the master cleanse. you are a trooper! ihave it printed it off. i am waiting for a bit of a break from some design deadlines. i have been keeping up with thea who is now finished. so maybe in the next couple of weeks i will start.

keepit up!

April 19, 2007 at 1:56:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

beautiful boho,

as i'm drawn into this amazing photo, i can't help but think...you aren't a photographer in need of a band, but rather you have a photo in need of a song...
i have no doubt it will inspire many...

looking forward to reading how your day went today,
k

April 19, 2007 at 1:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bob the Frog said...

if i were a rockstar i'd totally put this on the cover of my album. it's just gorgeous--so much sybolism and meaning to draw from. is this at golden gardens beach in ballard? i think i recognize those trees...

April 22, 2007 at 10:07:00 AM PDT  
Blogger bookbabie said...

Wow, great shot! It really catches your eye, makes you want to stop and look at it.

April 28, 2007 at 7:17:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that photo is exquisite!

what a talented and beautfiul you...
a

May 14, 2007 at 8:09:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home