<

Sunday, April 15

master cleanse ~ day one


me & my lemon, canon digital rebel xt

Inspired by my dear friend Thea and other inspirational stories, Boho Boy and I decided to do the Master Cleanse for 10 days. This is day one. I have decided to record my thoughts, feelings and progress here to keep me accountable because something tells me this is going to be REALLY HARD.

I pretty much love eating. The food and liquid I allow into my body is extremely healthy but there are issues with my portions. I have to admit, I sometimes find myself eating more in one sitting than my 6 foot 2 inch husband. I cannot believe I just admitted that.

Perhaps my love of food has to do with my Portuguese and French heritage. Who knows. All I know is that when all my friends were fasting or cleansing, I never tried because I thought it would be hopeless. I could just see myself lasting half a day and then grabbing something to chew on while curling up fetal position in a corner like a food junkie.

Being on the blood type diet for the last 6 months has me more disciplined, so I thought this would be a good time to try something I've wanted to do for years.

The stress of trying to conceive has made me hold onto some extra weight. Those of you that know me well, know that I love my curves. This isn't about curves. But the 15 pounds I've put on over the last year symbolizes me holding onto something that needs to be let go.

While on my vacation last week I felt myself emotionally let go of trying so hard for our baby. I cannot quite articulate how it happened. I started visualizing things I wanted for my future aside from just a child. I found myself making love to my husband without the thought of a sperm penetrating an egg. My mind didn't feel as occupied with the process and it felt so freeing.

I wanted to come home and let go in other ways. Toxins for one. I feel the need to purge the toxins in my body caused by stress, over eating and not exercising on a regular basis over the past year.

This cleanse isn't at all just about losing those few extra pounds. It is so much more. It's about release, letting go, purging, renewing and soul searching.

As much as I share here on my blog about my emotions regarding this journey, as soon as I turn away from my computer, I busy myself so that I won't feel.

This cleanse will help me focus on some blocks that are preventing me from doing so much of what I dream of. Rather than filling up space with cooking and eating, I can write, research, create, play. At least this is what I hope for. We shall see.

The picture above represents me having a face off with Lemons...as they are one of the main ingredients in the cleanse.

For those of you that do not know what my day will consist of. Here it is:

1.) Wake up and drink 1 quart of warm water with 2 tbs of uniodized sea salt (this is supposedly an internal enema calling it a "salt water flush")

2.) 6 - 12 8oz glasses of the following lemon drink throughout the day:
8oz water
2 tbs fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
2 tbs grade b organic maple syrup
1/10 tsp cayenne pepper

3.) 1 cup herbal laxative tea before bedtime

4.) Hot shower in morning and evening using a body brush to shed toxins on surface of skin

So thoughts on day one??? Oh my...that salt water flush WORKS. Today was actually really hard for me where as other people say the first day wasn't that bad. Are they smoking crack?!?!?

I miss eating.

But I do feel that something very healthy is going on inside of me. I already feel a bit lighter and that cayenne pepper totally puts a skip in my step. I actually like the taste of "the drink" and crave it when the hunger starts. I also notice this helps me live more in the moment because if I think of the next 10 days ahead of me, I will surely make a pizza.

I'll keep you updated daily. Off to squeeze some more lemons. Lucky me.

Cheers!

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh...you GOOOOO honey! You are all so strong to be doing this. I wish you much success with this on every level. I hope that the cleanse you feel permeates every fiber of your being...both body and soul.

Love you..xoxo

April 15, 2007 at 9:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Georgia said...

Hee hee :)

I am starting in the morning my dear!

I have been wanting to do the cleanse again for weeks... but my and the Hubby's birthdays were happening and that usually means food so I had to wait. Well, we finished the birthday festivities tonight so tomorrow it begins!

How nice that I have 2 friends doing it at the same time as me, and you are only one day ahead!!

I am very excited, and also nervous because last time I got very sick... but it had to do with not eliminating the toxins enough... blech.

Love to you sweetie. Glad to be doing this at the same time as you.

April 15, 2007 at 9:41:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great.I love your blog and your style.And I will pray for you and your dear hubby for a baby.
Can you believe it,I am from Beijing,China.Hehe~~~
Good luck

April 15, 2007 at 9:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger luzie said...

Wow, hats off to you for going on the master cleanse and for being ready to detox and let go.. thinking of you. :)

April 16, 2007 at 12:41:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl..and boy :)
You're so brave to be doing this!

Sending lots of love and hugs,

XxX Sophie

April 16, 2007 at 1:31:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Vanessa said...

good luck!
you can do it!
you're so lucky that your boy is doing it with you! that will make it so much easier :)
i really want to try this some time soon so i'm looking forward to hearing what it's like :)
Vx

April 16, 2007 at 4:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger britt said...

i used to do ritual fasting each season..and just some advice to you from a fellow food junkie...take it easy on your fast. dont' let that energy skip fool you. this is the time to rest and go inside. don't get too busy, you will burn yourself out and the fast will be much harder. take it easy and this is the time to listen. if you need to rest, rest...meditate, use this time to renew your yoga practice. good luck!

April 16, 2007 at 5:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Did I say day 1 was easy? I don't remember it being so. I may not have been very hungry but it was probably because of my debilitating headache.

This pic totally made me giggle. I love it!

It will get easier honey I promise.

Oh and I often out eat my 6 foot 3 husband. I don't know how I don't weigh as much as him.LOL.

Just decide you can do it. I am here for you baby doll.

Love you much
toe to toe

April 16, 2007 at 5:26:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I am very interested in this. I am curious to hear about how this goes for you, and what insights you may come up with. I remember being on a grapes only diet for just a few days and it really changed the way I perceived food. It was awesome. I think I might like to try this... but I'm a little too chicken for now. I'll just quietly read about your experience and be inspired while I wait for my own courage and will to come.

April 16, 2007 at 6:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger ReachDabbleShine said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh....inspiring. I might do this, just because I bumped into your account so far. You go, girl!

April 16, 2007 at 7:32:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, good for you. This would take a lot of prayer and meditation for me if I were trying it. I am not very good at fasting regimes.

Good luck!

April 16, 2007 at 7:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger jenica said...

YAY for cleansing! YAY for release! you can do it!

April 16, 2007 at 9:13:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! I am on my fourth day of the master cleanse, very convinced from reading Thea´s blog too and my husband and I are doing it together. It has been a very good experience, I was also very surprised by the salt water flush on the first day, and we are both pleasantly surprised to have quite a lot of energy and clarity of mind. One of the things I didn´t expect so soon is our skin feels so much clearer. My husband´s oily facial skin is no more, he is just glowing!! We are two artistic souls from north of Mexico, my hubby is a composer, I´m a painter, both vegetarians BUT WITH A SWEET TOOTH!
I know a have 6 more days to go, but HERE AND NOW, I FEEL GREAT!
It´s so cool Thea´s is doing this on her blog and inspiring people to do this healthy thing, it´s very cool that you are doing it too!

Blessings to you,
Linda

April 16, 2007 at 9:13:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cool! I plan on doing a less intense four day version of the cleanse coming up real soon. It's hard for me though because I get caffeine headaches when i don't have it.

Good luck on the cleanse!

April 16, 2007 at 11:04:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Julie said...

Sending supportive thoughts to you and your husband. I've been following along with Thea's posts and have been so impressed by what she has shared. But, like Krista, I'm still feeling like a weenie, and I know I can't enter into this without confidence. My main concern is being able to do this while having to spend M-F 8-5 at work. I guess I will know if and when it's right for me.

Thank you for your willingness to share this process with us. I hope it is a time of inner exploration that will leave you feeling renewed and strengthened when you are done.

April 16, 2007 at 1:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

this is so coool!
Today I was shopping for a cleanse system
at choices - my local organic health food shop-
I haven't heard of this cleanse so i shall follow you
along and see if i can find the book...

:)

pucker up!

April 16, 2007 at 8:39:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home