<

Friday, April 20

master cleanse ~ day six


today's self portrait, canon digital rebel xt

Well, I decided to write you the earlier part of the day since it seems nighttime is the hardest time for me and I get a bit pissy. I think I may have scared a few of you yesterday!

Today has been pretty good, actually. My energy levels are normal and I don't feel hungry. Last night was tough and I got a bit ill...so my stomach feels a wee bit sensitive. This morning and afternoon, I've been drinking more water than the lemon drink because the lemons feel acidic for my tum. I will probably crave it later when the hunger starts.

I was feeling really down on myself yesterday. I think these emotions all have to do with the detox. I felt really angry last night and depressed. I am allowing these feelings to come. No judgements here. I talked with Thea today who has been a wonderful resource and support. She is finished with the cleanse and has a lot of insight. It felt good to share and release all these ugly feelings that had surfaced. Even as I heard them come out of my mouth, I was aware that these feelings were old patterns of thinking that I must have stuffed deep inside of me. She said the same happened to her and that she did indeed move past them...along with the toxins. I find this all so fascinating how closely emotions and food are tied together. How not only do we hold toxic chemicals in our body but also toxic emotions. This cleanse brings it all out.

A "detox" is clearly happening to me because I ache all over as though I have a cold and that is all part of releasing toxins. For days my tongue has been pretty gross and grey and today it is becoming more pink. Such a good sign that my body is cleansing and healing.

I am not going to go to the YMCA while I am on this cleanse. Instead, if I feel up to it, I'll just do some weights, yoga, sit-ups, lunges here in my home.

So, all is good and well. I am sticking to it and am deciding to be more positive by focusing on the benefits of what is happening rather than the set backs.

It's chilly and rainy out. My favorite type of weather. It's rare in Southern California to put on a hat and scarf. This alone brings much cheer to me. Off to Whole Foods to pick up more and more lemons!

17 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

You look so cute and cuddly in this photo. The color of your sweater is so cheery and that hat is divine on you.

All these things you talk about, toxic feelings, etc, is why I am so scared to do something like this.

Expect many phone calls from me this summer if I actually do this thing. I am sure I will need to be talked off the ledge many times a day. ; )

you are almost there girly girl!

xoxo

p.s. it's raining here in L.A. too. I loved having my hat and scarf on too. Funny that we are sharing SoCal weather. So close and yet too far away... *sigh*

April 20, 2007 at 4:01:00 PM PDT  
Blogger daisies said...

super cute photo ~ i love how your sweater matches the pillow, so lovely :)

its raining and cold here in western canada too so we rented a ton of movies and are in for most of it ...

so good to hear you working through it, yah you!! you are so almost there : )

April 20, 2007 at 6:33:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a really cute picture of you. I wonder what if feels like to do the cleanse. I've been following some of the blogger's stories (the ones doing it) and it seems HARD.. but so worth it.
Wishing you luck on your journey. I know you can do this.

April 20, 2007 at 6:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger genine said...

look at you...beauty!

glad you're feeling good - so inspired by you and thea w/this cleanse... so incredibly strong!!!

also LOVE the pic. on your previous post...the contrast of colors and textures is wonderful - keep going back to look at it...i can picture you walking, noticing it, and stopping to take it in...a funny thing that happens with our eyes isn't it? find myself looking and searching for "shots" even when i don't have my camera w/me...

proud of you sweetie - xxoo g

April 20, 2007 at 6:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

adorable you!!!
love the hat, love the photo and i'm very happy to hear that "all is good and well" with you today :-)
i love rainy days when you can curl up on the couch and watch it fall against the window...anjani's blue alert cd and a cup of peppermint tea round out a rainy afternoon just beautifully. we've had our fair share of rain here the past few weeks so the sun and a most spectacular sunset was a welcome sight, spring has finally arrived!!!
i picked up my vegan raw detox manual today...all of a sudden 4 weeks is sounding like a REALLY long time...i start on monday morning....so we're both counting down the days :-)
you go girl!
you're on the home stretch now...
k

April 20, 2007 at 8:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Bob the Frog said...

yay for you! glad to hear you are feeling strong and confident. i had the same thing happen to me last time I did a cleanse. lots of supressed emotions and memories surfaced. it was intense. i also ended up having flu symtoms too--my body was letting go of some yucky old stuff. but, i sure felt renewed, refreshed, and ready to move forward when i was done. you are almost there girl. i'm keeping you in my prayers and envisioning the best for you!
xoxo

April 20, 2007 at 8:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

Hey you! I'm proud of you for sticking with it. I wonder if I could do it. Sending you happy vibes and healing thoughts for your old stuff that's coming out. Call me if you need to vent - I'm good at listening!!

LOVE you!

April 21, 2007 at 2:46:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that kind of weather too. It's starting to get grey out here as well, time to put on a warm comfy sweater I think :)

Hope you're feeling better today!

Thinking of you,

XOXO Sil

April 21, 2007 at 5:46:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Regina said...

Glad to hear you are doing a little better this morning! Sending lots of encouragement your way!

April 21, 2007 at 6:29:00 AM PDT  
Blogger bee said...

didn't scare me off - pfffffFFFt.

i've never done the cleanse but have been watching people do it for about 5 years. and you, my dear, are FINE. the way you're processing the toxins is amazing, super quick - i can't wait for your response to day 10. you're almost there! go deni, go!!!

much love. much white light. much much much support.

April 21, 2007 at 8:15:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading about how bravely you're hanging in there is inspiring. I'm here cheering you on and I'm thinking of you. xo

April 21, 2007 at 8:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have not been to visit for ages. You're still lovely and inspire me!

Good luck with the master cleanse...

Novel

April 21, 2007 at 9:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Mindy said...

congrats on making it through a tough day yeaterday. glad you are finding your way to peace...you are almost there! wonderful :) xo, mindy

April 21, 2007 at 11:54:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Yana said...

... and the time is flying... it weill be over before you know it, hang in there! I admire you A LOT!

April 21, 2007 at 1:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Left-handed Trees... said...

Good luck as you move into the home stretch!
Love,
D.

April 22, 2007 at 6:52:00 AM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

You don't look pissy - you look cute!


:)

April 22, 2007 at 10:44:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Could you be any freakin cuter, sexier more cuddly looking?

I am so proud of you sweetness. You are doing such a fabulous job.
I am honored that I am able to help in any way.

Venting helps. The toxins are pretty intense.

XOXOXO

April 23, 2007 at 5:37:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home