<

Tuesday, April 24

master cleanse ~ day ten


me on day 10, canon digital rebel xt (click for larger view)

I cannot believe it is day 10. I am in a bit of shock that I actually did this. I never thought I could because it is hard for me to go long periods of time without eating. I am a grazer. I eat bits all day long. Wow...I made it on lemonade and hot tea for 10 days!!!

Last night was crap again. I was up until 4:30am, laying on the couch coughing. I didn't want to keep my poor hubs up again. So me and Amber kitty cuddled on the couch watching shows like "Divine Design" and "Design on a Dime" (love those shows).

I feel better after a few hours rest but my lungs still feel full of fluid. Although, I am going to focus on the positive things today...

These pics were taken this morning fresh after my shower. My skin has never felt so soft all over my body. Wow. Like a baby's bum. I also haven't fit into these orange drawstring pants in a VERY LONG time. So far I've dropped about 12 lbs and a few inches. I know weight isn't the focus but it is sure a nice little bonus. I don't want to lose my curves. I really want to maintain this weight...perhaps lose a few more and tone up. I want to be fit when I am pregnant so that I can be a healthy and sexy mama!

This morning was my very last Ocean Water drink (aka "Salt Water Flush"). I was practically smiling during the last sips. Even though I've always felt best in the mornings, drinking that stuff was one of the most difficult things about this cleanse. Although, I would recommend to do it every morning during the 10 days. It really does flush out your system...way better than just the herbal laxative tea.

I was surprised that not a ton of emotional stuff came up for me. I think a lot of that had to do with me needing to reserve as much energy as I could being so sick. I thought I would be fisting my pillow over the fertility stuff or that some deep dark feelings from my past would surface. What did come up was some old habits of insecurity about my body image and about my art. Today I don't feel this way. So, I am hoping along with the toxins, those old feelings were also released. If you ask some of my friends, they would say I was a bit more punchy than usual. A big grumpy and freakish...but I know they understood that I was a food deprived monkey. ; )

While on this cleanse, I wanted to go to yoga every day. I just didn't have the energy from being so sick but I will pick up the practice later this week when my energy returns. So many times through this cleanse I had to mentally focus and/or meditate to get through the cravings and sometimes frustration of not eating. This was an incredible mental and physical exercise for me in regards to discipline, focus, mind over matter and self awareness.

Some of you asked me some questions via comments on my previous post. I promise to answer them there sometime today.

Half a day left. Tomorrow is orange juice and organic veggie broth. Mmmmm...

(Schmoops...this runestone necklace you sent me..."Initiation, Peorth ~ The Womb" has protected me through this...thank you, love)

edited to add: for those of you currently on this cleanse, i found this forum to be a great resource for my questions and concerns.

19 Comments:

Blogger mames said...

just wanted to say congrats, i followed your friend's cleanse and now yours and feel very inspired to try it when the time comes. it sounds like a really wonderful (if challenging) way to welcome a new time and shed old stuff. it is also grest to have a 'road map' to reference...hope the oj and broth taste divine.

April 24, 2007 at 12:23:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, you made it! Way to go!! I'm in awe of your strength to make it through the ten days, ups and downs and all. You're looking beautiful in the picture, as if you're glowing! xo

April 24, 2007 at 12:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Georgia said...

Hooray!!! You made it to the end. Just the inspiration I need for today.

I feel like POOP! Seriously, every time I think about food right now I want to cry... I want to chew on food just to chew it and taste it. What's up with that anyways???

So, I am glad to read that you made it to day 10... seems like you only just started. Gives me a small spark of hope that i might be able to do this.

xoxo

April 24, 2007 at 12:48:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats to you and your hubs!!
I´m in awe of your strenght!

It does seem like you started yesterday, as Georgia said. This gives hope to those who are on the cleanse, but also inspires me to make some changes in the 12 days I have left before work starts again. This will mean stepping out of my comfort zone from time to time, but these posts have shown me that those days will pass too :)

Thanks for sharing this with us!

XOXO sil

April 24, 2007 at 1:05:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mindy said...

con-grat-u-lations!!! (((happy dance))) yay for you and boho boy :) i am mucho impressed... xo, mindy

April 24, 2007 at 1:58:00 PM PDT  
Blogger claireylove said...

congratulations ~ you ARE a sexy mama!!! :)

April 24, 2007 at 2:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

Look at how yummy you look in those orange pants!

Wow, what an amazing accomplishment! You, Carsten, Thea and all the other amazing folks who have done this, and are doing this, are an inspiration to those of us still thinking about it.

Thanks for sharing your journey. The good, bad and the ugly.

I am so happy you felt protected along the way. YOU are a pillar of strength, my love.

Enjoy your oj and veggie broth. Mmmmmm...

April 24, 2007 at 6:12:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hey sexy hot curvy slim monkey.

You look fabulous. So fabulous!!!!!

I am beaming with joy for you-you rock.

You are my shero.

Love you tons and tons
XOXOXO

April 24, 2007 at 6:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeahhhhh!!!! u did it!...congratulations mama!!! xoxobradee ;)

April 24, 2007 at 6:37:00 PM PDT  
Blogger daisies said...

congratulations :) you look amazing, glowing, so happy! wonderful ...

April 24, 2007 at 8:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 25, 2007 at 6:32:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

beautiful boho,

congratulations to you and your hubby!!!
you look amazing!
thank you for your willingness to share the good and bad with all of us here...your honesty and openess is what draws me back day after day to share in your journey.
looking forward to reading what comes next.
enjoy the oj and veg broth...you did it!!!
k

April 25, 2007 at 6:35:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Bob the Frog said...

Congrats girl!! You did it with flying colors...so proud of you for sticking with it! Enjoy you journey back to the world of eating!

April 25, 2007 at 10:26:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kristen said...

see the light at the end of the tunnel? congrats!!

reading about this has been inspirational!

April 25, 2007 at 11:34:00 AM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

Holy doodles - hurrah for you!
Now i am completely inspired to begin...
I cannot tell you how much i enjoy cooking -
making spices etc - so this will be a sincere
challenge but i think you sound so fantastic and
vibrant soooo....i am gearing up!!!

squirt!

April 25, 2007 at 1:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Regina said...

Yay for you! You are my hero!

April 25, 2007 at 2:09:00 PM PDT  
Blogger MAHIMA said...

whoa!very brave of you to take this on. glad you're getting on with it well. i hope your energy is back by now and you feel really really great.
inspiring to visit here!!

April 26, 2007 at 9:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Cluizel said...

Wow...I just stumbled over here...good to see that the cleanse worked well for you. I am on Day 2 and I am surprised I haven't toppled over yet...but I'm really not hungry...very odd

May 14, 2007 at 7:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger 1568kathy said...

I am on day 3 and struggling. I have tried this cleanse numerous times and my willpower always loses out. I read your site every day and just re-read about your time on the cleanse and feel a renewed energy to do this. Thanks for writing! - Paige, Portland, ME

May 16, 2007 at 6:52:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home