<

Monday, April 30

raw food ~ raw emotions


Raw Spicy Thai Vegetable Wraps for dinner, canon digital rebel xt


Raw Cranberry Maple Granola, canon digital rebel xt

The first picture posted here was the first *raw* meal we made together after the cleanse. Boho Boy did most of the work. I learned my way around our Cuisinart food processor. Such a stress relief to chop veggies this way! It's amazing how different it feels to consume raw foods. It feels guiltless and it digests so much easier than cooked. I never feel over-stuffed. I feel clean and satisfied...for a lot longer afterwards. Not to mention that the wraps were DELICIOUS and bursting with flavor.

He also whipped up some raw granola by putting loads of nuts together (after they soaked in water for a few hours), dried cranberries and mixing it up with melted pitted dates. He then spread it on a sheet (see above) and we dehydrated them in our Excaliber Hippy Machine for a full day. The granola is heavenly. I've been sprinkling it on my Nutty Rice cereal each morning with Almond milk.

It feels good to think about nourishing myself this way. It seems since the cleanse I am so mindful of what I allow into my body. I also feel hyper sensitive to what doesn't feel right and I make a note to not eat that again or at least for a while. I am craving a lot of fresh fruit, dried fruit and vegetables. Meat and cheese...not so much any longer.

With all these raw foods...some raw emotions have resurfaced. Perhaps a delayed reaction to the detox. I felt so stoic on the cleanse...wondering where all the emotions went. Perhaps it was a fight or flight reaction to fasting. The last few days I have been feeling things again. I am sitting with it. Not ready to share it here yet. I feel quiet. Seeking peace, candles lit and the arms of my husband. I don't feel like psycho analyzing myself. I just feel like sitting with it.

Tonight, while I was taking a bath in the dark with tea lights surrounding, my husband came into the bathroom with his guitar and started playing a Ray Lamontagne song he loves. It was a perfect moment...and as I write this, minutes after it happened, my cup runneth over.

Do watch this. Two of my very favorite musical artists on stage together. Mind blowing.

20 Comments:

Blogger Toni M Photography said...

Dearest,

Sorry it's been awhile since I left a comment. I am here, I've just been lurking in the shadows waiting for the right time, the right words. I am in the midst of writing you an e-mail so I'll say no more here for now.

Here for you always,
Big hugs,
Love Toni

April 30, 2007 at 9:04:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Georgia said...

Hello lovely :)

Those Thai wraps look SOOOO good, I am literally salivating right now.

I am so happy that the cleanse has been such a good experience for you, I hope someday I can do it again and have such results.

Oh, and Ray Lamontagne.... Hello DELICIOUS! I love me a boy who can sing. rawwwr!

xoxo
Georgia

April 30, 2007 at 9:37:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that audio/video was amazing-at one point I just closed my eyes listening to them both-my mind was blown away! thanks for sharing that!
What a sweet thing for your husband to do!

April 30, 2007 at 10:24:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh that food looks delish!

And that song...mind blowing indeed. It was the first thing I listened to this morning and it already made my day.

Beautiful, sit with it for as long as it feels right, your heart will speak.

Big hug! xoxo silvia

May 1, 2007 at 12:06:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Intrepidflame said...

Look at your perfect little life. i am always amazed when people take the time to document their lives when they are running smoothly. Great pics and again a very honest little post. This is why I love your blog, you always leave a smile on my face and subdue the cynic in me.

Check out Bright Eye's new album. The song Lime Tree will change your life!

May 1, 2007 at 4:05:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

That song is beautiful. I wonder if there's a way to put it on my itunes so I can listen to it anywhere my little heart desires...

These pictures and your descriptions make me want to try out the whole raw food thing.

Peace to you, friend.

xo
B

May 1, 2007 at 6:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Mindy said...

those raw dishes look amazing! (especially since I am on day 2 of the cleanse). you are so beautifully inspiring, deni...thank you :)

May 1, 2007 at 7:39:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

You and C are so beautiful together.

Sending you warm thoughts, love.

xoxo

May 1, 2007 at 7:51:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those wraps look delcious. eating raw food and feeling clean inside is especially intriguing to me - i love that feeling so much. i'm going to go look at your raw food book recommendations right now, this is very inspiring to me. i'm just not much of a cook/food preparer and i think that i'd lose steam.

May 1, 2007 at 8:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger jenica said...

alright, if your husband can make ME cry because of his sweetness, i can't imagine how you must be swooning right now.

sit with it, breathe with it, and allow yourself to react to all that you're feeling inside.

May 1, 2007 at 9:21:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Beautiful Boho,

I had tears streaming down my face after reading your blog & listening to that beautiful song this morning...I am so grateful to you for your honesty here. You are truly an inspiration!
I'm into week two of my raw food detox and it's going well! I can't remember ever feeling this good! Your meal looks so delicious...yummmmm! Are the recipes taken from the book you mentionned a couple of posts back? If not, would you mind email them to me at kirstenandfamily@gmail.com. I would really appreciate that.
Offering up much love and support while you sit with your feelings....although, it would seem you are already surrounded by both.
k
X0

May 1, 2007 at 9:47:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

today at lunch i shared (with 2 dear friends) a slice of gluten free chocolate hazelnut cake (sprinkled with the prettiest powdered sugar design)...and i thought about you...and i wish i had brought along my camera so i could snap a pic for you...because you are my gluten free sweetie!...and i simply can not eat gluten free without thinking of you...and wishing i was sharing it with you...

May 1, 2007 at 11:24:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Shel said...

that first picture looks quite tasty. :)

i am a devoted fan of damien rice. just went and saw him this past saturday in oakland. 2nd time in the last 6 months. he's so incredible. and now i must look into ray a bit more. what a great sounding voice.

thanks for sharing!

May 1, 2007 at 12:53:00 PM PDT  
Blogger boho girl said...

BZ,
i downloaded "Lime Tree" of Bright Eyes from iTunes.

i love it...thank you for the suggestion. very moving. have been playing it since. ; )

May 1, 2007 at 2:22:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel a cleansing just reading about all of your raw goodies. I loved reading about your journey and I hope the rest of the road for you is a wonderful one.

May 1, 2007 at 6:18:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes quiet is just the perfect way to be.

The two of you are doing such an amazing job of preparing your good food, and it sounds like you are really enjoying it which is fabulous.

Sending you love and peace honey.

xoxox
J

May 1, 2007 at 7:39:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh thank you for that link. I used to be madly in infatuation with Damien Rice about this time last year, then he kind of fizzled out in my life... I think you might have just sparked the old fire!

(Ray is great too)

May 2, 2007 at 4:40:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Raw food raw emotions so true ~ I think that is why I went back to eating some stifling foods.

Youa re such a wonderful soul-my hero and my mentor in emotional feeling and living.

I hope that makes sense.

Love you

May 3, 2007 at 7:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle K said...

The food looks very delightful.

November 29, 2007 at 11:07:00 PM PST  
Blogger coffeygirlb said...

love your site...just found you through Sarcomical. Those wraps looks delish! And i love that you love Ray...he's amazing, no? God, his music is transcendent and heartbreaking and perfect!

December 10, 2007 at 1:17:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home