<

Sunday, May 13

quietness


me a few minutes ago, canon digital rebel xt

i know i have been absent but life is goodness and i am sitting quietly with it right now.

i'm studying, photographing, discovering new melodies, browsing my friends new boutiques, making love, laughing until i have asthma, learning how to *uncook* raw foods, writing, reading a novel about witches and warlocks falling in love, preparing for my friends upcoming nuptials, getting blond highlights and more layers, blending smoothies with spinach, getting acupuncture, burning fertility incense, listening to Boho Boy play guitar, thinking of my french marmie and my german mom...today on mother's day.

i'm here. i am definitely present. in fact i feel so present that it is causing me to listen more closely to my body, my emotions, my dreams and i just feel quiet as i absorb it all.

perhaps it will all tumble out into words soon but for now, it is swirling within me. there is something about paying close attention and being quiet that goes hand in hand.

Buddhists teach us this "quietness".

13 Comments:

Blogger liz elayne lamoreux said...

love this picture of you...sitting in the quiet.

sending you peace and many blessings this evening...

May 13, 2007 at 8:38:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hey sexy girl-I love the hair and those glasses-YUMMY.

You sound so zen sweet love. I am basking in your radiance:)

Kisses
toe to toe

May 13, 2007 at 9:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Toni M Photography said...

Ooo I love this photo of you. So still, full of zen. Sometimes it is ok to be absent from the outide world and just be "one" with yourself. I am awe of you being able to do this, my sweet.

Big hugs and Lots of kisses for you,
Love Toni

P.S. E-mailed you last night xx

May 13, 2007 at 9:49:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoy the swirl. :)

May 13, 2007 at 10:32:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful. love this post so much. i'm so glad you're doing all this.

May 14, 2007 at 5:24:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amanda said...

all of that sounds so wonderful.
enjoy.

May 14, 2007 at 5:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Louise said...

Enjoy your time!!
Have a great week!!

May 14, 2007 at 8:14:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are taking the time to do what your heart, soul and body need, and that is what is the most important. Thank you for your sweet M-day wishes honey and have another beautiful week.

Lots of love...xoxox....J

May 14, 2007 at 12:32:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Shel said...

boho chica....

i love reading your blog. you are so inpsirational and you let me know that it's ok to feel a mix of feelings and to take the time to sort through them.

and your musical tastes are influencing me as well. i went and checked out william fitzsimmons and added him to my myspace.

i think you would love vienna teng. she has a myspace account at: www.myspace.com/viennateng.

but my favorite song of hers is "passage" which you can find on this myspace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=71022279

enjoy and thank you for you.

May 14, 2007 at 2:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

Truly ALIVE and in the moment which
is fabulous.

Your photo is soft and quiet and
thoughtful - lovely:)

May 14, 2007 at 6:35:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Moggy said...

I was just next-ing through the blogs and ran across yours. I really like the picture. I took a meditation class and that was really good to sort of stop and look inside for a change.

May 14, 2007 at 7:44:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Erin said...

I've been browsing through your blog and I must say you are a brilliant photographer. I especially love the pictures you've taken of yourself. Very pretty girl!

May 15, 2007 at 8:19:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Carrie said...

love that picture!

May 15, 2007 at 1:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home