<

Friday, June 8

my true self


my eyes, taken by boho brother, canon digital rebel xt

"Today I had a conversation with my true self. She was perturbed with me. She asked why I had abandoned her, why I had ignored all her constant advice. And she reminded me of all the things I had forgotten. And never once did she say...I told you so."

~ Monique Duval, The Persistance of Yellow

Yesterday, as I was talking and being heard by my therapist, she kept asking me...what do YOU think about this...how do YOU feel about this. I always paused for a bit, searching, thinking...hmmm, how DO I feel about this? It was so easy for me to talk about how I think everyone else might feel but she kept bringing it over to me. She gently made me aware that I don't ask myself enough. That I tend to worry or think about everyone elses feelings about decisions I have made.

I am learning some tools to hear myself more. To tap into what my body, mind and soul are telling me. I mean...they do know me best and I am learning they are pretty damn wise. Not only are they wise but they are humble about it and never scold me for forgetting.

I love that.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend the work of Byron Katie. It's a wonderful tool in helping to let go of the need to please and gain approval from others and rather listen to our own true voice.

June 8, 2007 at 10:45:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Indie Mama said...

*fabulous* picture! = )

June 8, 2007 at 11:02:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Amanda said...

i am trying to also trust my own voice and listen to my own feelings... i really like this post...
xx

June 8, 2007 at 11:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger bronxbt said...

dearest boho -
aside from you...
my gods your eyes are stunning...

June 8, 2007 at 12:47:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Boho,
I have been reading your blog for a week or so. I have enjoyed reading your beautifully written honesty.

I would like to let you know that therapy has also helped me realize I am not responsible for others feelings about my choices.

I pray for your success on meeting your baby.

June 8, 2007 at 2:00:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so proud of you for all of this work you're doing on listening to you, and walking your path, following your own journey and heart. keep it up---happiness is just around the corner, i know it.

sending you love.

June 8, 2007 at 2:56:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I adore that quote, and all that it symbolizes. Somehow I get the feeling that you are receiving more and more signs that your decision was the right one. That makes my heart happy.

Gorgeous photo of you honey...have a beautiful weekend.

love you.xoxoxo

June 8, 2007 at 4:15:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I love you Boho! (Or your blog that is, since I don't really know YOU perse)

June 8, 2007 at 5:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

oh, those beautiful monkey eyes ... :-) xo

June 9, 2007 at 2:10:00 AM PDT  
Blogger sweet expressions said...

I enjoy reading your blog it hits home with me a lot. and I am so glad that I get to read and share your journey with you, because you are teaching me so many things about my journey at the same time.

June 9, 2007 at 9:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Louise said...

Gorgeous pic...amazing eyes!!
HOpe you find what you need within!! Keep listening!!
Have a great day!

June 9, 2007 at 2:21:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kristine said...

Great shot!
Sounds like fabulous advice too!

June 9, 2007 at 6:15:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

beatiful!

all of it.

June 9, 2007 at 7:20:00 PM PDT  
Blogger jenica said...

intense & fabulous. can you see what we see?

June 9, 2007 at 10:44:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[IMG]http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb230/frenchthang/100_2249.jpg[/IMG]

Sisterlicious words with sister lichious eyes to match!...LOL

Love it all!

~Viking Womyn~

June 9, 2007 at 11:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Lucia said...

Wow you have gorgeous eyes!
Just to let you know, I ordered 'Inconceivable' and have now read it - I cried so much! Thank you for recommending it. It has inspired me and helped me. x

June 10, 2007 at 8:53:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Those eyes those eyes.........

This wisdom.....so amazing....you are wise my dear friend.

I love that about you

June 10, 2007 at 5:47:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

mmmm....i need to read this book...

June 11, 2007 at 11:09:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home