<

Friday, July 27

tagged ~ 8 random things


a different side to me, taken by Boho Boy

I've been tagged by the scrumptious Schmoopy, cuz she knew I needed some fun. So here are 8 random goofy things that you may not know about me.
  • We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
  • Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  • People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
  • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and they should read your blog.

1.) Family Nicknames: My extended family (aunts, uncles, cousins) all call me Neecie. My parents call me Boochie. My sister Pamela calls me Boochiana and my sister Darlene calls me Sugar Buns.

2.) This face you see above is a slight version of what I called the "Dino" face to make my sisters laugh when we were young. The true Dino face has more puffed cheeks and I pulled my ears out. I am talking about Dino from the Flintstones, of course.

3.) I went to Bible college and the boys sent a secret survey around about the girls and I found out that my dorm mate won "best hair" and I won "best ass". Nice. So much more evolved than high school. Yes...this is what really goes on in Bible college. Oh, I mean "Bridal" college because everyone goes there to find a husband or wife. My dorm mate and I thankfully escaped the bubble.

4.) I can squirt a tiny stream of water for miles out of the small gap between my two front teeth.

5.) I was in a traveling Mime drama group in college. The first fight my husband and I got into was when I told him this and he started laughing and pretending to be a Mime in a box. I was so appalled that he was so ignorant. I mean, Mime's do SO much more than the box thing these days. Please.

6.) I like Sci-Fi shows. I mean really like them. Battlestar Galactica, 4400, Farscape...total turn-ons for me. This is when my true inner-geek surfaces. The girl back in 5th grade that wore the same purple Izod shirt almost every day and didn't like to wash her hair. I was finally rescued by a beautiful rich girl that taught me how to dress (yes, Laurie...that's you) but that geek still lives and my husband used his magic to bring her back to life.

7.) I don't like to put syrup all over my ice cream. I like it on the side so I can slowly pour it on with each bite. Otherwise, if you put it all on...it melts the whole scoop of ice cream. Hellooo Virgo.

8.) I don't freak out using other people's toothbrushes or make-up. I guess that makes me not a germ freak, which surprises me because most people in my family are.

Bonus thing: I won best personality in high school. Way better than best ass.

The 8 people I am tagging are Andrea, Darlene, Christine, Jen G, Kirsten, Jen, Meg, Brittany.

19 Comments:

Blogger Silvia said...

I've been tagged too and about to 8 facts about me :)

Have a great weekend! xo

July 27, 2007 at 12:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

i am so happy you posted this picture of you, dino! i just love it, and you. i am so happy you played, this was so much fun to read.

oh, I think jimmy is going to leave me for you ~ you had him at sci-fi shows. It's all about frackin' battlestar galactica and firefly around these parts.

oh, and one more thing, i am going to need to see some mime motions from you when we next meet. hee hee. smooches.

xoxox

July 27, 2007 at 2:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger daisies said...

that is the cutest photo ever!!!

and um yeah the frelling sci fi shows reveal my oh sooo dorky geekness too, battlestar and firefly, farscape and 4400 and eureka and did you know i totally knew that my husband was THE one because when i told him my secret childhood love of Space 1999, not only did he know what it was but he started quoting from it *swoon*.

fun bits of you : )

July 27, 2007 at 2:36:00 PM PDT  
Blogger PixieDust said...

Sci-fi, yup. The real reason I got Netflix was to watch every season of Stargate, 4400 is a must, and I was so excited to see a Klingon at the Star Trek Experience in Vegas...
:-)

P.S. - you should have gotten the great hair award, too.

July 27, 2007 at 3:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Georgia said...

hehe This was great!

I got tagged with this too, from Sophie :)

xoxo

July 27, 2007 at 3:35:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are the cutest.ever.xoxoxo

my *favorite* geek show/movies...Star Trek. he he

It is a joy to feel you giggle.

love you.xoxoxo

July 27, 2007 at 3:54:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Darlene said...

have you ever used my toothbrush???

I'm boiling it as we speak ;)

love you sis,
xoxo
dar
(butt squeeze back)

July 27, 2007 at 3:58:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my god, i laughed out loud when i read that one about the mime!
~ruby

July 27, 2007 at 4:30:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Oh you darling sweet angel face.

I so love this picture of you.

I am not a real germ freak either-my husband is grossed out when I ask for a piece of his gum (while he is chewing it).

The story about Mime made me giggle but only because I was imagining C's face when he did it.

Loving you'toe to toe

July 27, 2007 at 4:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

i giggled my way through this whole post ;-)...it was so much fun seeing this side of you.
when i got to the list of people you'd tagged and saw my name...i actually clicked on it to see where it would lead...when my blog came up...i cried.
seriously, i was just so flattered...i cried great big tears of gratitude.
so thank you...it's been a sad day and this little tag is exactly what i need to distract me for a little while,
k
xo

July 27, 2007 at 9:04:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you today! I was thinking of my large derriere (spelling??) and how you told me in a comment once to learn to love it and work it. Made me smile. Happy best ass!!

LC

July 27, 2007 at 9:13:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

and who introduced you to The 4400, eh? hello geek soul mate :-) xo

July 28, 2007 at 1:56:00 AM PDT  
Blogger jenica said...

i giggled so hard at #3, 5, 6. you are too adorable!

July 28, 2007 at 11:23:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a fellow sciFi-guru, germ-accepting and water-squirting friend from Saratoga is sending you a hi five

and that would be me
:)

July 28, 2007 at 5:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger christina said...

You were a mime? How very fun! Love'd reading this... random bits about you always make me smile! I'll totally play! xo!

July 29, 2007 at 3:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger heather l murphy said...

so much fun! I love the picture and I love the mime story - you and your husband are darling!

July 29, 2007 at 4:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

i'm not a germ freak either...and i see thea isn't either...i guess when we get together again we don't have anything to worry about...if one of us forgets something we can just borrow from each other...

oh, and my non-germ-freakness has come in very handy as a parent...

July 30, 2007 at 11:30:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

On the late train here....just wanted to say I remember the purple izod shirt!! :) Funny to think I was your fashion savior??? Are you sure? Your post has been lots of fun to read and giggle. Lots of love and hugs, Lor

August 5, 2007 at 9:52:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

D-

I had NO idea that I got the hair award! Not suprised at all that you got best butt! :-) That is sooo funny... the things that I forgot!

Love, Pattie

August 6, 2007 at 2:16:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home