<

Friday, August 10

a soothing shelter*


our new daybed thanks to IKEA, canon digital rebel xti

My beautiful niece Kelly is coming to stay with us for four days. She's entering into her last year of high school...a huge milestone. I am so thrilled to have her here to snuggle, giggle and share before she dances into a time in her life she's been looking forward to. Her home is full of two teenage brothers and I know she always says how relaxed and calm she feels here. I can't wait to make her fresh veggie juice in the morning and make her all these recipes we've been having fun with. This will be her time to purge before she begins anew.

We have plans to hit all the cool vintage shops to fill up on school clothes. Kelly has a unique style compared to all her friends, so its so fun to go shopping with her. I also plan to take her senior portrait. I look forward to posting those. She's so angelic.

The last few days Boho Boy and I have put together the daybed you see in the pic above. We didn't have a bed for anyone to stay over, so our guests have always slept on the couch. Our studio upstairs feels even more magical with this soothing shelter to lay on. Although...Boho Boy was laughing that he feels like his masculinity might be in question when people come over with this princess bed and the flowy fabric above my desk. So funny.

Anyways, had to share these pics of him working on the bed. I think he is so fricken adorable when he works on the house. I am madly in love with my husband and that feels so amazing.



I'll be away from email and blogging while she's here. I want to soak in every morsel of her being. I left a comment on my previous post to all you lovelies who left me your stories. I am so very grateful...

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i have a slumber party there sometime?

:)

August 10, 2007 at 12:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger cherry girl said...

Oooh, that looks like such a peaceful sleeping space. Enjoy the time that you have together, it sounds like your going to have a great time!

August 10, 2007 at 1:00:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Iblukcan said...

I know exactly how you feel about your hubby... I feel the same with mine. Everyday I send up thanks numerous times a day that I get to be with such an amazing human being and that we get to go through life together. There is nothing like sharing your life with your best friend and soul mate. It makes all the dark times seem a little brighter.. and when the light comes back... it is almost blinding. I love your blog.. stay happy and healthy. You are doing well, that baby will come. Take care of you and all else will fall into place.
Peace, mary bb

August 10, 2007 at 1:18:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The image of such beautiful surroundings is soothing too!

Have a wonderful time!!! xox

August 10, 2007 at 1:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

so inviting ;-)
enjoy this special time with your niece...bring back delicious stories and photos of your time together.
xo
k

August 10, 2007 at 1:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

It looks so lovely - very
"princess" like - and
warm wishes for a wonderful
time with your niece:)

August 10, 2007 at 3:24:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Boho girl,

How do one become part of the blog sisterhood? I just moved to England...and are really lonely...and then I found these blogs....and I feel connected!

BIG hugs,
Linnie

August 10, 2007 at 4:49:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Erin said...

That bed looks like heaven!! She's going to love it.

August 10, 2007 at 7:50:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so cute, about the masculinity diminishment :)
My husband sighed and rolled his eyes when I hung lace curtains in our bedroom!

August 11, 2007 at 4:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Amanda said...

what a wonderful space...so beautiful!
enjoy your time together
xx.
a

August 12, 2007 at 12:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger BrianC said...

Ah, there's nothing like a little hideaway to which one can retreat. I'm afraid my version of a "soothing shelter" is the lower level of my sons' bunk bed. Tucked in a corner of their room, it's a little dark, almost cocoon-like, with snazzy Nick & Nora sheets sporting vintage rodeo images. It screams "7-year-old boy" but when things are crazy, it's actually a nice place to hide and read/nap/listen to music.

August 13, 2007 at 8:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Ohhhh how I hope to stay there someday soon:)

You are so talented love-in all areas!

August 15, 2007 at 2:13:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home