<

Monday, September 24

moving forward...


taken this weekend before a wedding, canon digital rebel xti

The camera almost caught him making his daily "meep" face to make me laugh (in the first pic).

Boho Boy's mother and her best friend were in town this weekend for a family friend's wedding. I've done more in the past few days than I have in the three weeks post surgery. In fact, today is my post-op appointment when I find out all the juicy details of what went on when I was down under. Feeling a little scared, a little excited and a little geeked about the gory details.

We're so ready to move forward. I'm reading the Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips book by Kris Carr and I must say, her journey is inspiring me yet again to get into eating more raw and exercising on a regular basis. I love how she is taking her life in her own hands and making whatever steps necessary to heal her body. Andrea phoned me to let me know she had just met Kris Carr at the bookstore and I could hear in her voice the same jazzed inspiration that I feel reading her through her book. Especially the nutrition section. I like how Kris simplifies everything and at the same time, does it with humor. There are so many diets out there that it can get so overwhelming and confusing but she lays out some pretty simple steps. I recommend anyone to get this book who is on a challenging health journey or has a loved one who is on one.

Aside from all that, I had a wonderful time bonding with the "lovely ladies" this weekend. It was so fun seeing his mom relaxed and mellowed out and having some serious girly time. Her best friend is a professional dancer and she was twirling me around at the wedding and at our home, showing me some moves. It's inspired me to take a salsa class with the hubs...if I can get him away from work.

Remember I wrote a post about wanting to be a dancer? She said I was a natural and I giggled at the Universe confirming ever so gently that I need to get my booty groovin'.

I need to be a bit more patient with my healing than I have been but as soon as I am feeling back to normal post surgery, I'm moving forward with an even groovier health plan.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo happy you posted this today. There wasn't much to do and I think I checked your page about 10 times :) I can't wait to find out what happened from the surgery (if you choose to share it). I hope all is well with you!

September 24, 2007 at 1:59:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Silvia said...

You two are so cute!!

Good luck at the doctor's today :)

big smooch,

xo silvia

September 24, 2007 at 2:03:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

look how gorgeous you two are. *sigh*

thinking of you today while you are at your post op appt. and looking forward to strapping on my salsa dance shoes with you. yee haw!

xoxo

September 24, 2007 at 2:51:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have been reading your blog a lot lately. I appreciate your honesty and find you to be an inspiration in many facets. I look forward to your groovy health plan and hope to get on board as well!
Good luck with everything.
Jenny

September 24, 2007 at 4:14:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looooove salsa and highly recommend it for you and Boho boy, especially since you are a natural! You will love feeling the way your body knows how to move to those saucy latin rythyms. Nothing is amore surefire method for reminding me of my sexiness than a good session of salsa dancing!

I think I am going to get that book my my Marc - his cancer journey has been not only his guru but also mine and for many of our family. We've all discovered new truths about ourselves, our bodies and our spiritis.

September 24, 2007 at 7:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You both look so wonderful! Glowing!!!

September 24, 2007 at 8:41:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Fiona said...

You are so dreamy both of you!

September 25, 2007 at 12:11:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The two of you are just sublime.

While I was reading this post, the song "I Hope You Dance" was playing in my head. I'm not a country music kinda girl, but that song is beautiful.

Good luck today

September 25, 2007 at 7:17:00 AM PDT  
Blogger jenica said...

just when i think the two of you can't really be any sexier... now you're gonna take salsa lessons??? ;-D

i hope to hear all the geeky gorey details that you're willing to share about the surgery.

much xoxo

September 25, 2007 at 10:11:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

O you crazy sexy couple you. mmmmmmm swak swak.

I felt the universe screaming joy and abundance in this post. So beautiful.

I ordered the book from amazon yesterday:)

Along with the sneaky chef-to help get some veggies in my non veggie eating hubby.

Love you

September 27, 2007 at 3:51:00 AM PDT  
Blogger daisies said...

i am waiting for my book to arrive ~ jen said it is amazing :)

you two look so absolutely adorable!! :) we have been thinking about taking some dance classes and though i bellydance, i am such a klutz and am sure i'll be stepping all over his toes, tee hee but it could be fun :)

September 27, 2007 at 9:16:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home