<

Friday, September 28

self portrait challenge ~ bathroom


self portrait in my bathroom, canon digital rebel xti

I am taking this self portrait challenge opportunity to do a shameless plug for my favorite skin care product (yes, i was being sarcastic in that second pose). I took these photos a few minutes ago right out of the showa'.

I heart Mario Badescu. I even love saying his name.

My friend Letha introduced me to this product when I was visiting her in Seattle and I've been hooked every since. I couldn't believe how soft, clean and smooth my skin felt (my hubs loves it too), so I purchased a few products. A few months later, I was hanging out with my friend Stacie and noticed her skin looked and felt so soft that I wanted to pet her (and of course, i did). I asked this kitten what she used and she said Mario! No way. Prrrr kitty.

When my mom came to visit a few weeks ago, she tried it out and ended up ordering a whole face line. So girlies...and gents too, I promise you you'll dig this stuff. It's like butter.

Since this month's challenge is about the bathroom and this is the last one, I wanted to talk about something that I cherish in the bathroom every day. The time after my shower is such a sacred one for me. I do whatever I can to eat well and replenish my body with water and taking care of my skin is part of that yummy package.

If I am really crazy about something, I make sure to share the love here on my blog. I've never been one to go wild about skin care products but this one is too good to keep quiet.

Try the seaweed stuff. You'll feel like a mermaid (or merman).

18 Comments:

Blogger Silvia said...

Your so cute :D
Loving these photo's.

I've looked at the website, and it looks so yummy for the skin! A bit less yummy for my bank account though. But I know what I'm gonna ask for chirstmas :D

xox

September 28, 2007 at 12:19:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish I could try different products myself. Unfortunately I have to use Proactiv to keep my skin clear. I could use a new eye cream though - I'll check it out ;)

September 28, 2007 at 12:24:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mccabe said...

3 words:
too stinkin cute~!

xx
mcmermie

September 28, 2007 at 2:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

They are fabulous products - and I love seaweed
anything - fun post and photo:)

September 28, 2007 at 2:33:00 PM PDT  
Blogger selftaughtgirl said...

I've been looking for a moisturizer that is 1.) paraben free (no methyl-, propyl-, iso-) and 2.) doesn't make my skin break out. I've tried Burt's Bees and other all natural stuff but alas, I break out and then have to revert to the chemical stuff again. But it looks like some of these products are paraben free! Whoopee! ;o)

xo
Kate

*parabens have been found in the tissues of women with breast cancer and are banned in the EU; they are in nearly every soap, shampoo, conditioner, makeup product, etc. used by women.

September 28, 2007 at 3:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger mormar said...

I love his blog, I love all your photos, and I really love all kinds of skin products!

Every time I come here I am amazed by your kindness.

September 28, 2007 at 4:26:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

how cute are you?

mario=butter in every way.

p.s. love all your necklaces reflected in the mirror.

September 28, 2007 at 4:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

p.s.s. don't forget about all the yummy samples they send out when you order the products online. xoxo

September 28, 2007 at 5:22:00 PM PDT  
Blogger daisies said...

oh yummy ~ we have a couple of salons here that sell his stuff :) i love love love good skin products ...

and i also adore all your necklaces reflected in the mirror and i love that they are in your bathroom :)

September 28, 2007 at 5:39:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Stacey said...

Hooray! I've been looking for an amazing skincare line - I'm ordering some tonight! Thanks for the recommendation. :)

September 28, 2007 at 7:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger meghan said...

Hey cute girl - how funny are you in that mirror?

Will call you this weekend - promise.

xo

September 29, 2007 at 3:20:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that stuff looks and sounds fantastic, i love trying out new things. and i just love those photos. your bathroom looks so cosy! xo

September 29, 2007 at 7:43:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I echo everyone else and say...you are the cutest! Love these photos and love the whole vibe of your bathroom. love you.xoxo

September 29, 2007 at 11:58:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never used Mario, but I have heard fantastic things about his products. I may have to vacation from my Proactiv to give it a whirl.

September 29, 2007 at 7:43:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Alessandra Cave said...

You made me giggle! A LOT!

And I hope you're not jealous... Because Mario will be making his rounds to every one of our bathrooms now!

;-)

October 1, 2007 at 2:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

You look so freakin cute baby doll.

I love everything about this photo:)

I just started breaking out on my left cheek-the vocanic type that never come to a head. Torture and not so pretty.

I am going to investigate this brand.

Thanks for the tips girlie
Love you
toe to toe

October 3, 2007 at 3:28:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check out your blog on a regular basis and totally dig it...
just wanted to tell you that the skincare line you mentioned contains parabens in the ingredients...
there has been a link between parabens and cancer...

this website explains...

http://leodora.com/2007/01/18/methylparaben/

October 3, 2007 at 8:30:00 AM PDT  
Blogger jenica said...

that first pic has sucha retro 50's feel to it. love it!

October 4, 2007 at 4:27:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home