<

Tuesday, October 9

confessions of a girly weekend*


schmoopy, canon digital rebel xti

I've been feeling extremely relaxed lately, so when talk of a girly weekend were in the making, I purposely didn't make any plans to be anywhere (with the exception of an island pedicure one day). Before the girls came, I burned some sage, incense and lit all the candles I had in every nook and cranny of our home. I also put a mix of daisies and dahlia's in bottles here and there. I let down our sheer curtains that separate our kitchen from our living room, turned soft ambient music on and was ready for a spa retreat.

I was hoping it would set the tone for the remainder of our time and it did indeed. It seems all of my sweet friends here and across the globe are going through huge shifts in their lives. Our minds are running so fast with brilliant ideas that it takes creating a space like this to quiet our souls and center ourselves.

Schmoopy was staying the weekend and we were blessed with the presence of a chic mermaid for one night. The three of us cuddled, ate a delicious huge salad, drank fresh veggie juice and chatted until the wee hours of the morning. What I love about the women in my life is that their hearts and minds are so juicy. Each moment spent with them is a lesson learned and a chance to grow a little wiser. We all come from various backgrounds but find ourselves on similar journeys with our creativity, sensitivity, motivation and yearning to balance it all gently and gracefully.

I don't remember a time when I've been surrounded by this many like-minded souls in person and in spirit across the world. It can be overwhelming for me sometimes. In a good way. I needed the last few days to marinate and digest all the wisdom that was shared. It's all good, juicy stuff...but it takes time to find its place in my heart.

One amazing thing that I will share that came out of this weekend is a confirmation that I am in a really healthy space with my fertility journey. Schmoopy is four months pregnant and being around her and her lovely swelling belly felt more comforting than anything. It gave me hope. None of those messy emotions surfaced. I just feel so centered and sure that I will be a mother soon. My thoughts were more directed to her and if she was alright. I also recognized that I am in a space of such gratefulness in regards to all the other things birthing in my life that I am focusing on what I do have, not what I don't have right now. This feels freeing.

Tomorrow I leave to spend a few days with my family in Northern California. This is yet another very important tribe in my life that I am looking forward to nurturing. Now that we're all getting older, I am loving the friendships that are blossoming with my parents and sisters. I love how the dynamics are folding into harmony as we all come into our own at different stages in our lives.

Here are a few fun portraits from the weekend. I am sure I will post more on flickr when I return (click for larger view).


me & mermie snuggling and chatting on my couch, taken by schmoops



schmoopy playing in the ocean, canon digital rebel xti

22 Comments:

Blogger m said...

i have your site on my bloglines but i've never stopped in to say hi. so hi. i love your energy, wish i could steal some for myself :)

October 9, 2007 at 9:46:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Silvia said...

You are all to cute!! Thanks for sharing this :) Have a great time with your family! xox

October 9, 2007 at 11:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

I love these photos of Stacie - she's so gorgeous, and you're so talented. Give my love to your family, monkey and have a wonderful time..... not long to go now ;-) xx

October 10, 2007 at 1:18:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

these photos are gorgeous and it sounds like a fantastic weekend. safe travels up north. xo

October 10, 2007 at 4:12:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love girly weekends. I'm so glad you had the time to be with your sister-friends. It's so energizing and such a release.

October 10, 2007 at 5:07:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

girly bonding is so good for the soul...glad you were able to spend time with these gems

October 10, 2007 at 6:42:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lianne said...

I was there in spirit. So glad you had that time to be with the Goddesses. I am sure the joy energy you all experienced has swept the earth with its strength.

October 10, 2007 at 8:08:00 AM PDT  
Blogger daisies said...

:) wonderful!! thanks for sharing these beautiful photos ... have a wonderful time with your family ... xox

October 10, 2007 at 9:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger mccabe said...

that picture of stacie is STUNNING. just gorgeous! and the beach ones have a magical vibe to them....i love all the blues and her pigtails. too darling.

what a beautiful tribute to your soul sisters. i am so grateful to be one of them. truly. :)

you are love
mcmermie x

October 10, 2007 at 11:37:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

you already are a mom, sweets. i witnessed this in the little things all weekend. love you

xoxo

October 10, 2007 at 1:19:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

someday...someday i'm going to sit next to you on that couch and let you pamper me...and giggle with you...and cuddle with you...someday...

October 10, 2007 at 2:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Genevieve said...

I dreamt that you were pregnant!

October 10, 2007 at 4:27:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Gill said...

Wonderful photos, words...fantastico!!!
xo
Blue

October 10, 2007 at 8:18:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like it was a very sweet and significant time. Have fun with your family!

October 10, 2007 at 11:14:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

oh your photos are such etheral embodiements (word?) of the souls you capture. GORGEOUS! And you my love-uh stunning. You look so cozy and lovely with mermie on the couch. Lovely girls.

I am lovin on you all.
XOXOXO

October 11, 2007 at 2:36:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Lady Prism said...

I have not been a good friend lately I must admit...Keep too much to myself...Your post reminded me of how so much better I would feel surrounded by giggling women..

HAve a great weekend..

October 11, 2007 at 3:45:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've been tagged.

Please visit www.meetinggrace.wordpress.com.

: )

October 11, 2007 at 12:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger jenica said...

beautimous.

i wanna marinate and participate in the juicy-ness of you all.

(((bighugs)))

October 11, 2007 at 12:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger madelyn said...

beautiful photos capture the
heart-joyfullness of your
girly weekend - I love mermie's
sweet cap and schmoopy-girl
dancing in the waves giving her
little blessing a ride:)

October 11, 2007 at 1:28:00 PM PDT  
Blogger bella said...

you sound grounded, centered, coming from a place of deep connection with yourself. It shows.
I'm happy you had a blissful time of feminine female energy. There is nothing else like it.

Thank you for letting us, me, get to glimpse inside your fertility journey. You are right, you are fertile with life in so very many ways. I too have to remind myself of this, that even without a uterus in my case, the womb is deep and ancient and life is always growing.

Lovely post.

October 11, 2007 at 4:27:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an absolutely beautiful weekend the three of you had. Hearing about these times warms my heart, for it is pure testiment to the loving relationships that we are able to cultivate.

I also adore the photos...especially those of S...she is pure radiance.

Love you and hope your trip North is also beautiful. xoxoxo

October 12, 2007 at 11:48:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't comment very often but I am still reading! You are doing a great job on this wonderful journey you are on. I love that you let yourself feel the emotions and immerse yourself in good things.

LC

October 13, 2007 at 6:07:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home