<

Thursday, November 29

the map in your heart*


frida, canon digital rebel xti

I love the way your eyes and smile linger after a conversation has reached its end. You continue to search deeper in the eyes of your friend for that connection that is safe in silence, away from words. This is a rare gift. When so often people turn away out of fear of being too seen...you allow a haven in your eyes that says stay. And we do. We stay in your presence and breathe softer there.

I know it is breaking your heart to leave Afghanistan, my friend but truly...your soul work doesn't stop there. It ministers to people everywhere you go. You hold the map of the world in your heart and those that live in it are forever changed because of this.

This week I promised my heart to meditate on joy in my life. The idea that months and months ago, you reached out to me from a land far, far away and our blogs brought us together, confirms to me the power of intention in my life and the lives of others. This brings me knee deep in joy.

I gaze at how I captured you, capturing the world around you in this portrait. Your journey is not ending, my friend...but only getting even more outrageously rockin' by the day.

I'm so blessed to have been a stop along your way on that map that is snuggled into your heart.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very very nice :-)

November 29, 2007 at 8:35:00 PM PST  
Blogger Marianne said...

Thank you my sweet soul sister.

You know that you are not a stop along the way, right? You are one of my permanent homes now. Marked on the map in indelible ink...

PS: if I knew my butt looked so good in those jeans I would have never taken them off!

November 29, 2007 at 9:44:00 PM PST  
Blogger Silvia said...

this is so beautiful!! the words, the love, the joy!

November 30, 2007 at 12:13:00 AM PST  
Blogger Stacy said...

what a beautiful message to an amazing person; i can't wait to meet her one day.

and damn, her butt does look good in those jeans {wink}. amazing photo.

xoxo

November 30, 2007 at 8:24:00 AM PST  
Blogger Swirly said...

I echo Denise's words...your adventure and mission are not ending when you leave Afghanistan, they are continuing in a different way. We love you so much, and can't wait to see where you go next.

November 30, 2007 at 8:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger mccabe said...

yummy frida....
i can totally see the conenction there. :)

this is a lovely tribune to your dear soul friend.
and yes, she has an adorable bum!
you go girl!

love
mccabe x

November 30, 2007 at 9:36:00 AM PST  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

i love that you wrote this...one brave and beautiful friend to the other...every word so very, very true!!!
gorgeous photo...and one undeniably great lookin' booty, girl ;-)

November 30, 2007 at 9:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger all over the map said...

A beautiful *love* letter to a friend, indeed.
xo

November 30, 2007 at 10:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger bee said...

i echo about the butt. :S i feel shy admitting that, because i'm so new to her blog, but she's got a cute one. lol

this is such a wonderffuly supportive letter, and so beautiful to witness.

xox

December 1, 2007 at 2:12:00 PM PST  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

if i did not read 'frida', i would have thought is was you...or your sister?

i agree...Frida's world is unfolding..into something serene...beautiful...she is on a new journey to find the next piece to her puzzle...just imagine building a world map...leaving a little (or BIG) piece of your heart everywhere she's been or going to...as she touches hearts!

xx

December 1, 2007 at 3:04:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely tribute and ahahaha, I totally noticed your butt too. But it's cool, we're girls, we can say that...right?

- homeinkabul

December 2, 2007 at 5:55:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss having someone in my life that loves me this much, or that I can love like that in return. What a blessing to have such a friend in your life, and for you to have the ability to express what she means to you. Hold tight. You're very, very lucky.

December 3, 2007 at 4:06:00 PM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

ahhh comment was deleted.

This post is beautiful-as is your heart deni and of course the pic-I agree about the bumm. I would love for my bumm to looks so good.
hee hee
XOXOXO

December 4, 2007 at 5:32:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home