<

Wednesday, January 2

new year, new journey...


such cool cats :: superhero & boho boy in berkeley, canon digital rebel xti
(click for larger view)

We just arrived home from a whirly~twirly overwhelmingly fun holiday with family and dear friends. I feel exhausted but a good, peaceful exhaustion...if that makes sense.

We are going to spend the next few days napping, unpacking, writing our Mondo Beyondo lists in new gorgeous journals, reflecting on our intentions for the new year, cuddling our kitties, more napping...and ummm...perhaps some napping.

I have much to write about with more fun photographs to share but for now I will rest and revel in all that transpired.

2007 was a year full of so much emotion, challenges, insights, soulful connections, girly retreats, doctors appointments, tests, surgeries, loved ones passing, miracles birthing, coming full circle through it all and finding myself again. I am left feeling in awe and grateful for the deepened growth.

I was told by a gentle woman with a gift to see things that 2008 would be a huge year for me. Not sure what that means but the first few days have already felt magical and full of promise with new fun funky paths to take.

Boho Boy and I have reconnected in a way that goes beyond our desire for a family. We're relishing in our love and what brought us together in the beginning as partners on our journeys. I suppose getting away together inspires such things (note to self: more vacations with hubby).

I feel a calm in my heart. I wish that for each of you as you enter into this new year and new journey.

Did I mention I'll be napping?

18 Comments:

Blogger Andrea Scher said...

So happy for you D...
and so honored to have been part of ringing in the New Year!
I adore you both so much
and feel grateful for our friendship.

January 3, 2008 at 10:01:00 AM PST  
Blogger lizzie said...

Welcome back! I look forward to reading more of your juicy words in '08!

Lizzie
www.meetinggrace.wordpress.com

January 3, 2008 at 10:10:00 AM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you inspire me dear one ~ now I'm going to go take a nap :)
xoxo
stef

January 3, 2008 at 11:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger Unknown said...

u r so inspiring to me! im sure ur 2008 is gonna be amazing!

i am sooo makin a mondo beyondo list! i think its just what i need to inspire myself :)

xoxo...bradee

January 3, 2008 at 1:17:00 PM PST  
Blogger Martha-Anne said...

Happy New Year, Denise!!

January 3, 2008 at 2:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger trying2bzen said...

I have been lurking for most of 2007 but wanted to "introduce" myself as part of my own personal 2008 new attitude on life. I have struggled with infertility for over five years (husband and I have decided to adopt) and find your words a constant source of strength and hope.

Whereever your journey takes you, I look forward to reading your words and cheering you on from my corner of the blogosphere.

January 3, 2008 at 2:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

You make me want to nap....did you use the word 'napping'..which mean it will be longer than just a nap?!

My heart is overflowing for your and Boho boys' re-connection...it is so precious...and special...

think i'm off...ummm...'napping'?! :0)

Big hug, soft cuddles and teacups (for today) full of love!
xx

January 3, 2008 at 2:56:00 PM PST  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

and i say it again - your hubs is so damn sexy :-)

This new year is going to ROCK, girlfriend! xo

January 3, 2008 at 2:57:00 PM PST  
Blogger BJ said...

Came out of lurking to wish you and boho boy a Happy New Year! Have followed along on your blog off & on. You are always in my thoughts & prayers as your desires touch my heart so. Started reading Darlene's last year when Mark was in hospital. Putting 2007behind now and wishing for you & your family much peace, love & happiness. Hugs to you.

January 3, 2008 at 4:02:00 PM PST  
Blogger Kirsten Michelle said...

my beautiful boho,
sending you love and hugs for the most magical of new years!!!
xoxoxo

January 3, 2008 at 5:03:00 PM PST  
Blogger Stacy said...

look at the hotties!

could andrea BE anymore of a superhero in those shoes?

too adorable.

happy napping sweets!

yes, 2008 will be HUGE!

xoxo

January 3, 2008 at 5:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger enchantedartist said...

Happy New Year Denise! This is such a great
post...I love the idea of Mondo Beyondo...I'm going to make one with my husband...then nap?(smile)
Have fun unpacking and napping.

Wishing you a wonder(full)2008.

January 3, 2008 at 7:52:00 PM PST  
Blogger sweet expressions said...

may all your wishes for the new year
come true

January 3, 2008 at 9:08:00 PM PST  
Blogger Swirly said...

Nap, nap and do more napping!! I love you...Swirly

January 3, 2008 at 9:32:00 PM PST  
Blogger heather l murphy said...

Denise:: LOVE the photos! You always such an inspiration - happy 2008 to you and happy napping too!

January 4, 2008 at 8:38:00 AM PST  
Blogger Lianne said...

As always your sweet, calm presence has touched me and all your readers.

I bless you for being in my life.

January 4, 2008 at 9:07:00 AM PST  
Blogger Molly said...

Gorgeous images, as always!

January 6, 2008 at 10:09:00 AM PST  
Blogger Mindy said...

hapyy 2008 to you sweet soul...i know your wishes*come*true are right around the corner! xo

January 7, 2008 at 6:29:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home