<

Saturday, February 16

superhero photo challenge ~ shoot into the sun


jen gray & swirly, canon digital rebel xti

I am so delighted that Andrea chose the concept of shooting into the sun for her most recent Superhero Photo Challenge. This is something I am intrigued by and lately have been trying to gather the courage to play in the attempt to create a romantic and ethereal vibe with my subjects. I resonate so much with how Andrea shared about being told at one point as a rule to not shoot directly into the sun. I was told this as well and the free spirited part of me wanted to rebel. It's so refreshing to surround myself with other photographers that prefer to play more and not always go by the rules. I've shared here on my blog about my need to play with photography and not get too tied up in the technical bits because for me, it can feel so limiting and stiffling. Although I fully get that there is a time and place for it all. For me that is typically when something goes nutty and I find myself consulting the mighty manual for clues.

I am a nature girl at heart and if I get the opportunity to unravel the connection between nature and my subjects, my heart can't stop swooning. Lately, the sun's ability to dance upon my subject is something I want/need to learn more of and play with. So I am eager to hear the wisdom from all these lovely Shutter Sisters.

I hope you join the challenge too!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just found out about shutter sisters-looking forward to the wonderful photos there and hopig to add a few of my own. Love your writing as always. YOu have such a beautiful way with words. I love your spirit and sense of self. It's been awhile since I've been in blogland, but I can always count on yours for strength of spirit and mind. Peace Boho Girl.
-rani

February 16, 2008 at 9:15:00 PM PST  
Blogger she saw things said...

you rock!
what a beautiful, peaceful, loving moment you got there in the sunshine...
smiles to you.

February 17, 2008 at 7:41:00 AM PST  
Blogger Swirly said...

This photo makes me feel incredibly sunny inside...

February 17, 2008 at 8:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Lisa said...

I'm absolutely going to go outside and do this today -- if only because it's the first we've seen of the sun in a while. I actually enjoy the ethereal effect that backlighting provides....

gorgeous photo.

February 17, 2008 at 9:55:00 AM PST  
Blogger gkgirl said...

your photo turned out beautiful...
and such pretty subjects to shoot...
:0)

February 17, 2008 at 2:32:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a beautiful photo. you take the most amazing photos!

February 18, 2008 at 5:48:00 PM PST  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

yes, yes, yes...it's good to know the 'rules'...so then you can break them...

February 21, 2008 at 7:06:00 AM PST  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I have been feeling a pull from Shuttersisters for a while. I am looking forward to participating in some challenges soon. This is a gorgeous photo. I too have given myself permission to just play with my photography for at least 6 months. See what evolves naturally.

February 25, 2008 at 4:14:00 PM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home