<

Saturday, March 8

a sign*


cafe gratitude in San Francisco, canon digital rebel xti

Last night I was in a space of seeking some clear answers. I gently focused my intentions while pulling a few angel cards. One of them was about signs; that I am about to make a decision and I need to ask my angels for signs. This felt right to me because we are indeed in the processing of making some decisions about adoption and I am craving a clear head space to do this.

Before we went to bed, I made sure I had some time alone. I laid there with candles lit and our faerie lights hanging on our wall were shining. I quietly connected with my guardian angels and asked for signs. Whenever I open up a space to feel their presence, I can feel them so easily. While the days move forward I can easily forget but when I give them time, I never feel alone.

This morning I woke up not feeling my best physically. The last few weeks I have not been eating as consciously as I normally do. I’ve been doing a lot of comfort eating; starches, take-out, not juicing as much or pouring love and devotion into our meals. As a result I feel sluggish, heavy, depressed and not as clean on the inside as I typically do.

I grabbed my tea and went to my computer and received an email from one of our favorite raw food restaurants, Café Gratitude. After reading through it, I felt completely rejuvenated. I took this as a sign from one of my sweet angels that I need to go back to eating more consciously because not only do I feel better but it resonates with how I want to contribute to our environment and to my body. Eating consciously also helps open my mind and heart when going through something difficult and I need clarity to move forward.

I wanted to share their email here on my blog with the hopes that it will do for you, what it did for us this morning. What a cool and inspiring project that these three employees of Cafe Gratitude (Ryland Engelhart, Conor Gaffney and Cary Mosier) are doing...

One day Frank Ferrante, a 54 year old Sicilian from Brooklyn, New York, stumbled into Cafe Gratitude. Little did he realize what was about to happen. After 15 minutes of sitting with Frank, Ryland sensed how deep Frank's sadness ran, and asked Frank the question of the day. "What is one thing you would love to do before you die"? "Well", Frank said, "I would love to fall in love one more time before I die, and with a body like this, I don't think anyone could ever love me."

Ryland said "Frank, give me 42 days of your life, come here, eat this food, take on this view of life and allow the transformation to happen. Frank said YES, the boys bought a camera and began documenting what has now become "May I Be Frank".

Here is a teaser.

Right now the film is in fina stage of production to be entered into the CANNES FILM FESTIVAL, and we're calling on this amazing community to be a beautiful part of the completion of this powerful and transformational film.

We're looking for donations to help us complete this goal! Besides receiving our complete Gratitude for such generosity, everyone who donates will receive honorable mention in the films credits! There is also a private screening that will be scheduled for all those who donate.

Donate here.

7 Comments:

Blogger Silvia said...

I received this email too, and deleted it without reading it. I've been in such a weird mood all day. There's sadness, anger, doubt...i am overwhelmed with all the options i have. i'm not sure what the best path is for me right now and i was feeling really really sad for myself...frank gave me a kick in the butt :)

i still don't know where to go, but i'm walking anyway!

thanks for sharing this
much love to you both
xox

March 8, 2008 at 12:04:00 PM PST  
Blogger ~Michelle~ said...

This is such a great cafe!

I am Grateful for:
Boho Girl, who openly shares her ups and downs and in-betweens, and touches the lives of so many, including ~me.

xoxo

March 8, 2008 at 1:10:00 PM PST  
Blogger Trisha said...

OMG! Thank you so much for posting this. I *love* the Cafe Gratitude. This is where I first met SARK and I felt so at home there (I think the Landmark Education connection was part of it too).

I read your blog all the time and this is my first time commenting. You rock - so much so.

I am adopted and I want you to know that you made me feel so cherished...so *wanted*...after reading your dreams for a baby. Thank you.

March 8, 2008 at 4:28:00 PM PST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've never been to cafe gratitude as i live a half a world away, but i loved that. and i love frank. what an amazing leap of faith on his part and incredible love and generosity on the part of the young men helping him.
thanks for posting it.

March 10, 2008 at 2:12:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

Hi Love~

hmmmm I am so glad you can tap into your spirit angels when you need. It is lovely to read how they present themselves to you.

I understand the emotional eating and energy zapping.

You always inspire me to be better to myself.

Miss and love you darling.

XOXOXOXO

March 10, 2008 at 11:39:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always amazed by all the signs that are out there, guiding us, should we choose to see them.

Cafe Gratitude sounds like such a healing place. I wish we had one in Montreal.

March 11, 2008 at 8:00:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Linda Salas said...

Come come to the beautiful delicious ever surprising world of raw foods... It is a magical realm of tasty energy and lots of pixie power!!

And I invite you to see Kriss Karr´s new community for Crazy Sexy lovelies!! http://my.crazysexylife.com/

Lots of love to you!

March 12, 2008 at 5:02:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home