<

Sunday, April 27

cuteness*


marmie, canon digital rebel xti

A few years ago I started calling my parents every Sunday. Not sure why on that day, exactly. It just felt right. It has now become a sacred ritual. I wait until my chores are done or there is a nice, quiet break in my day. I snuggle up on the couch and dial their number. My husband is always shocked at how long we can stay on the phone.

What I find funny is that sometimes I'll be talking to my mother (marmie) for almost a few hours and then my father gets on the phone and I end up repeating everything again. A while ago I suggested they both get on the line but that so did not work as they both kept interrupting one another. I heart my adorable parents.

I just got off the phone with my marmie and my heart feels full. I felt like posting this photo of her because it always makes me giggle and smile. I took it last Christmas morning at their place. Her in her cute pink pajamas, sitting on her plaid bum pillow, drinking her morning brew. ; )

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunday is parent day for me too. I love this photo. It is all cotton candy sweetness.

April 27, 2008 at 5:55:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

oh baby-this is just so heartwarming and yummy!

Love and snuggles

April 27, 2008 at 7:06:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Aimee said...

I just love seeing your photos of your Marmie. Such talent you have for capturing the essence of things, such power to be able to convey it with a picture and your words.

April 27, 2008 at 8:10:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Silvia said...

This warms my heart :)
and i love the colours of this picture. so warm and fuzzy!

I don't call my parents much, but today my dad is coming to pick me up to spend some time at their house. My dad doesn't like to travel, my mom does. So when she goes on holiday with a friend me and my dad spend time together, reading books and watching movies or old british comedies way into the night. Some good old father daughter time!

April 27, 2008 at 11:34:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Susannah Conway said...

Your mummy is the cutest - this is such a sweet portrait of her (and she can be classed as an artist because she made you - FACT) x

April 28, 2008 at 2:14:00 AM PDT  
Blogger pERiWinKle said...

Nothing compares to the sweet voice of comfort from our mommies...how lucky are we!

Beautiful photo...you marmie looks so mischievous! xx

April 28, 2008 at 4:24:00 AM PDT  
Blogger gkgirl said...

cute cute cute indeed!
she is adorable.

April 28, 2008 at 4:43:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Ms Dragonfly said...

lol, i love that pic!

April 28, 2008 at 9:20:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Stacy said...

total, complete, yummy goodness.
xoxo

April 28, 2008 at 10:58:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Gina (Lady Goats) said...

Your mother's adorable! I call my mom "marmie," too. Couldn't stop after reading Little Women.

April 28, 2008 at 12:23:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Michelle (a.k.a. la vie en rose) said...

oh she is cute, cute, cute...

April 28, 2008 at 1:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Mindy said...

my mother calls her mom on sunday too...seems like a tradition we should start as well. and you marmie is just too sweet.

April 28, 2008 at 4:00:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nothing better than mommies!

April 28, 2008 at 4:23:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mum looks gorgeous!

I haven't dropped by for so long and it's nice to read and catch up on where you're at. I am so glad you have found a doctor who understands who you are and your journey and even more so, has found some good news for your to hold onto.

I'll be back soon and hope to hear more good news!

April 29, 2008 at 3:27:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the crochet piece behind her red hair looks so elizabethan...

April 29, 2008 at 12:25:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home