<

Friday, May 9

reaching out and reaching in*


jen gray, canon digital rebel xti


"I am learning to write and speak of my true feelings for myself,
that's how I can let go sooner and love fuller.

It's a mixture of speaking up and speaking in,
reaching out and reaching in."

~ Sabrina Ward Harrison

I opened her book this morning and this was the first page I flipped to. This quote handwritten on a page dripping with rainbow paints and old photos.

So interesting the ways you can find your voice and what you are trying to express. It doesn't mean any less when the words come from someone else. You can still find your voice there and be inspired to express it in your own unique way.

I found myself on that page.

5 Comments:

Blogger kristen said...

i've been interested in sabrina ward harrison ever since i found her linked here. this book looks juicy and appealing, thank you for linking. i love how life offers up what i need.

lovely picture of jen gray, who is a (not so) secret crush and always inspiring.

May 9, 2008 at 8:09:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

oh love this moves me to tears-this quote-you-your strength and wisdom always encourages me and inspires me to be my best self.

Thank you-thank you darling for being you and sharing it with us.

Love you snuggles and smooches

May 9, 2008 at 4:48:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

oh and that photo-just gorgeous-and a perfect match for this quote.

XOXO
you manage to bring out the super duper hotness in everyone you photograph

May 9, 2008 at 4:50:00 PM PDT  
Blogger all over the map said...

love that photo. full of energy!
i so love what you said about it not being any less when it comes from someone else. amen to that!
i've been finding a lot of encouragement and hope in the whispers of other souls.
xo

May 9, 2008 at 7:52:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Maria said...

Thank you... Your blog is so imspirational and like a cup of cocoa for the soul.

Thank you,
M

July 4, 2008 at 3:45:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home