<

Monday, July 21

somerset life magazine*


bottles (print in my shop), canon digital rebel xti


This vintage bottle photo is in the current Summer 08 issue of Somerset Life Magazine out in the stands now! I haven't received my copy yet but will soon and it will be totally surreal, I'm sure. If any of you have it, do let me know how it looks!

The bottles in this photo are very special to us. Boho Boy's parents collected them through the years because they too were attracted to vintage bottles. His father especially adored the iridescent ones and when he passed away, his mother let us take them home. Now through these bottles, I feel the essence of his spirit throughout our home.

Today something truly magical happened to me. I spoke to a very gifted woman over the phone and she did some energy work on me, clearing my chakras among other things. I have surfaced from that sacred space today with not a worry in my bones. I cannot remember the last time I felt this sure and peaceful in regards to bringing a baby into this world. During our conversation, I felt so close to the spirit of our baby. Its hard to explain and I know words cannot connect the emotions for me. I'm going to dance it all out in my Nia class tonight.

I walked around Whole Foods today soft and graceful through the aisles. I soaked in every moment of being in a mind and body with no worry attached. I'm not sure how long this will last but again, I am not putting any attachment to that. I just know that there has been a shift. I felt it both physically and emotionally while talking with her. It started out as tingles and warmth and then this overwhelming sense of centeredness washed over me.

I have a photo session coming up this weekend with these two lovely women and I am so delighted that I will be walking into it feeling less cluttered and more free and open. It is those times when my creativity is most magical.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow wow wowweeeeeeee! all fun and wonderful.
xo,
jen

July 21, 2008 at 3:25:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!

July 21, 2008 at 3:45:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Sleepandhersisters said...

Really lovely photo, the colour is just supreme. I love it.

Katherine

July 21, 2008 at 4:31:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Maria said...

Wow! Congratulations on the photo! The bottles are amazingly beautiful!

I would love to have my chakras cleansed of all my worries and doubts but wouldn't know where to begin or who to see. Can you suggest anyone?

Love whole foods always feel so good about myself when im in there!

all the best always,
M

July 21, 2008 at 6:03:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

such a beautiful photo. lovely, lovely light. congratulations! i've been taking to a class at the yoga studio i go to about meditation, breathing and the energetic body. i tend to be quite analytical in my approach to most things and i find those aspects of yoga challenging but i'm loving the experience.

July 21, 2008 at 8:16:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Erin Alaska said...

congrats chica...such a well deserved yummy day.

July 21, 2008 at 9:07:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

congratulations! again and again. good news all around.

love.

July 22, 2008 at 6:03:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Toni said...

Excitement! The photos in that publication are exceedingly good quality, and inspiration-inducing. Spent considerable time yesterday poring over photos on your ETSY shop, and wish wish wish you had collections of postcard sized prints. Probably not lucrative, maybe not your thing -- but I'm a journal keeper of 30 years and use postcards as pockets for 'secret' journal entries I tuck in them. Your photos send me on journeys into poetry, thoughts, memories ... if EVER I discover postcards on your ETSY, count me in for major purchases. (hint)

July 22, 2008 at 6:40:00 AM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

:)

love you big

jen gray

July 22, 2008 at 7:13:00 AM PDT  
Blogger Colorsonmymind said...

I loved talking with you love after your session. I could hear all of this in your beautiful voice.

woot woot for the mag showing.

You rock love.
You really really rock.

I love you so very very much
t2t
h2h
c2c
f2f

July 22, 2008 at 9:25:00 AM PDT  
Blogger ~Michelle~ said...

This is a beautiful photograph!

July 22, 2008 at 12:40:00 PM PDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

Such beautiful work, words and spirit...as usual...

You deserve it!

xo

Aimee

July 22, 2008 at 3:11:00 PM PDT  
Blogger bliss junkie said...

Congrats Miss Boho, a well deserved recognition. Ive been admiring your pics for a few months now, love the ethereal nature, the muted colors and the fact that we have the same exact pier one mirror!!! Congrats again :-)

July 28, 2008 at 6:21:00 PM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home